• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Transformation

Recent thread (although, it came as more a reminde to older in depth threads of the common concept that was reference to rather than just a mere reference) about torrent being with water manipulation, but with a condition of a catch that redirecting will turn it into a watermanipulation attack, as it wouldn't make to redirect a powerful force into a more powerful force that freezes the opponent back. So If player A launches torrent at player B, but player B, who is also a waterbender, redirects it into a watermanipulation to the player A. That way it isn't overpowered and doesn't ruin the flow (pun unintended) of balance counterplay.

As to the whole Nick's suggestion, this thread should get Looking Into already without any much discussion put it. Popular/Heavily Request(ed), many can agree on it that it's vital, ain't op/unbalanced, what's more does it have to go through to win without being debated on so far?

I personally wouldn't call this system Transformation, because that term fits more to a being/entity than to a concept. Versatility maybe? Or interchangeably ?

Last edited:

NickC1211

Recent thread (although, it came as more a reminde to older in depth threads of the common concept that was reference to rather than just a mere reference) about torrent being with water manipulation, but with a condition of a catch that redirecting will turn it into a watermanipulation attack, as it wouldn't make to redirect a powerful force into a more powerful force that freezes the opponent back. So If player A launches torrent at player B, but player B, who is also a waterbender, redirects it into a watermanipulation to the player A. That way it isn't overpowered and doesn't ruin the flow (pun unintended) of balance counterplay.

As to the whole Nick's suggestion, this thread should get Looking Into already without any much discussion put it. Popular/Heavily Request(ed), many can agree on it that it's vital, ain't op/unbalanced, what's more does it have to go through to win without being debated on so far?

I personally wouldn't call this system Transformation, because that term fits more to a being/entity than to a concept. Versatility maybe? Or interchangeably ?
Thank you for your input I agree transformation might not be the best term but I just wanted to get the point across. I also don’t think it will be op or unbalanced plus it is more realistic to the show all water should be bendable.

It's settle. All goes down If they start taking these by demand popular suggestions. And I'm mean about time, and the right: Minecraft upcoming around is build around underwater realm, so it would fit nice If these changes start slowly be worked on.

Sorry for my bad english.

Da Psic

Heres a solution.
When water hits the ground or an ability dissipates, make it so its gradual(but still fast).
So as an example, when octopus form is canceled or dissipates make it so the tip of a flowing water block is spawned in the place of other waterblocks place.
And if a torrent is dissipated or a watermanipulation disappears after hitting someone/block same thing happens.

This allows for waterbenders to still control their moves without having watermanis in their face every time a they throw a close range surge.
If possible make the water just stay for 0.2 seconds or so,by editing its state or tick flow (or hardcode a appear/disappear toggle).

Turn on dynamic sourcing and combine it with it and boom.

NickC1211

Heres a solution.
When water hits the ground or an ability dissipates, make it so its gradual(but still fast).
So as an example, when octopus form is canceled or dissipates make it so the tip of a flowing water block is spawned in the place of other waterblocks place.
And if a torrent is dissipated or a watermanipulation disappears after hitting someone/block same thing happens.

This allows for waterbenders to still control their moves without having watermanis in their face every time a they throw a close range surge.
If possible make the water just stay for 0.2 seconds or so,by editing its state or tick flow (or hardcode a appear/disappear toggle).

Turn on dynamic sourcing and combine it with it and boom.
That seems pretty feasible. Just have the water stick around a bit longer then use it that’s exactly what I want xD

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Well we are off to a good start with reusable torrent ice. Hopefully this can be a long term goal for waterbending.
Well what I meant was that given the limitations of Minecraft and Spigot's API, it would be difficult to reach a point of waterbending such that the outlined techniques are effective or even possible tbh. If it does, the techniques themselves will be quite limited and difficult to perform, and honestly are likely to be glitchy just by their nature. It would also require a major rework to most of the waterbending abilities and how sourcing works just to be able to even start realizing those techniques in the plugin. It may not be goal at all unless some drastic change happens to Minecraft, Spigot, or most importantly the ProjectKorra team.

NickC1211

How was it possible before? In earlier ok versions you could source waterarms from water wave and turn an oncoming water manipulation into a torrent.

NickC1211

Oh it definitely was but I feel like that was peak waterbending and if we had that mixed with the reusable ice we do now waterbending would be pretty great.