• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Verified Member
*Please read all it is also a combo*So i have noticed that only water manipulation is redirectable, And the thought that torrent isnt redirectable makes me a lil sad. So what i purpose is that torrent would be redirectable like this

So in the gif you see Katara and Master Poku redirecting a sort of torrent, And i thought water was all about redirection!
So to redirect the torrent you must do a combo where you first Watermanipulation>left click, Surge>left click, Torrent>left click Torrent>shift right click it would be hard to redirect but the Torrent you redirect would only do half damage and on top of it, It would have a missmodifier so you have a chance to fail the redirection. It would be hard to redirect but i do this to prevent endless fights.

I re-did this post with an edit because it was brought to my attention it would be an endless torrent battle.

Last edited:

EnderAssassin231

Verified Member
I'm sure this has already been suggested and it was denied. Bringing this move in will start a new waterbending trend, torrent battles. It will be a non-ending battle of redirecting torrent, and that won't be fun at all. Torrent is the only offensive move in which waterbenders can't defend against while fighting another waterbender. You have to take these into account when suggesting.....

Sorin

Verified Member
I'm sure this has already been suggested and it was denied. Bringing this move in will start a new waterbending trend, torrent battles. It will be a non-ending battle of redirecting torrent, and that won't be fun at all. Torrent is the only offensive move in which waterbenders can't defend against while fighting another waterbender. You have to take these into account when suggesting.....
I did take this into account, When i said it would have a missmodifier so there is a chance of you not redirecting it. This would just make waterbending more realistic and more fluid.

Edit: i redid my post to make it a combo so it was more dificult to redirect

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I didn't even read this completely... The title was enough. Torrent redirection is just a no... >.>

Sorin

Verified Member
I didn't even read this completely... The title was enough. Torrent redirection is just a no... >.>
You didn't even read it, Its a combo to redirect the torrent. ,-, And there is a chance that you don't redirect it at all...

Sorin

Verified Member
It is a short gif and if you watched the avatar series you would know @finnbon, But it is a combo to redirect it, Because torrent being redirectable would be pretty waterbender accurate and waterbending is all about redirection, Every waterbending battle you see in the show, They redirect all of the moves, Well not all, But most. and to be quiet honest it wouldn't be easy to redirect it hints if you read the whole post, And being able to redirect torrent would make water bending battles so much more intense, And it is literally the same way with lightning people redirect that, And i have seen a battle go on for 5 mins and neither on got hurt. ,-, And this would make waterbending a lil more fun tbh. And with waterbending you are either accused of being a water manipuation spamer or a torrent noob so this would eliminate the whole factor of being able to use torrent over and over again without any concupiscence what so ever, and hints Missmodifier you would have a chance of missing the redirection, like in the show!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It is a short gif and if you watched the avatar series you would know @finnbon, But it is a combo to redirect it, Because torrent being redirectable would be pretty waterbender accurate and waterbending is all about redirection, Every waterbending battle you see in the show, They redirect all of the moves, Well not all, But most. and to be quiet honest it wouldn't be easy to redirect it hints if you read the whole post, And being able to redirect torrent would make water bending battles so much more intense, And it is literally the same way with lightning people redirect that, And i have seen a battle go on for 5 mins and neither on got hurt. ,-, And this would make waterbending a lil more fun tbh. And with waterbending you are either accused of being a water manipuation spamer or a torrent noob so this would eliminate the whole factor of being able to use torrent over and over again without any concupiscence what so ever, and hints Missmodifier you would have a chance of missing the redirection, like in the show!
It's not about who started in that GIF, what I am saying is that it could go on forever. My use for torrent is when I get in a watermanip fight, I move, get in a good place, and launch a torrent, and I know he won't just redirect it like my watermanips, so he has to dodge. Water is about flowing, not redirecting.

Sorin

Verified Member
It's not about who started in that GIF, what I am saying is that it could go on forever. My use for torrent is when I get in a watermanip fight, I move, get in a good place, and launch a torrent, and I know he won't just redirect it like my watermanips, so he has to dodge. Water is about flowing, not redirecting.
How would it go on forever?!?!?!?! there is a miss chance, Like maybe the miss chance can dobble the more you try to redirect, And you have to do a whole combo to catch the torrent. And torrent being redirectable would make water so so so much more fun.

Last edited:

TicTac

Verified Member
I don't think the torrent would go on forever. If ya think about it, the torrent could be already hitting you while you're in the middle of making the combo.

paliate

Verified Member
I feel like if this was a move it'd be 1 redirection and the other person would just have to take it, it wouldn't be back and forth.

But i do think the others are right, it has been suggested and it has been denied, making it a combo doesn't change that.

Sorin

Verified Member
I feel like if this was a move it'd be 1 redirection and the other person would just have to take it, it wouldn't be back and forth.

But i do think the others are right, it has been suggested and it has been denied, making it a combo doesn't change that.
It being a combo makes it harder to redirect. And i like the idea of it being redirected once

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It being a combo makes it harder to redirect. And i like the idea of it being redirected once
I completely agree with @coastyo . Maybe the same thing that's possible with watermanip could be done? You could select a torrent as a source for yours? Like how ppl shoot multiple watermanips. You would need to dodge the torrent of your opponent, then quickly click at it and press shift. Just a little "easter egg" like the watermanip thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.