• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent Redirect

Should torrent be redirectable?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I'm unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loony

Verified Member
Hey guys..
I was going to do a post about torrent being redirectable, but then I searched the forums to realise it has been suggested many times and denied many times.

What do people think about torrent being able to be redirected?
I was thinking about if you had to click the water just before it hits to gain control of it. Torrent was redirected a lot in the show, so I'm unsure why it has been denied.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hey guys..
I was going to do a post about torrent being redirectable, but then I searched the forums to realise it has been suggested many times and denied many times.

What do people think about torrent being able to be redirected?
I was thinking about if you had to click the water just before it hits to gain control of it. Torrent was redirected a lot in the show, so I'm unsure why it has been denied.
Well, it could basicly go on forever, and I believe I said enough now.

Joeri

Verified Member
I honestly do not think it should be able to be redirected. Watermanipulation can be redirected and you need some moves that can't be redirected otherwise you'll barely hit anything

If torrent would be redirectly, it shouldn't be as easy like watermani, otherwise fights would last forever as finn said. IceSpike and Torrent are the only way to win a fight from someone's who constantly redirecting, and i think it should be like that because it adds counterplay

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
maximum amount of redirect times?
If it was set to 3 it would turn out for the opponent to get the last redirect. Launching it is pretty pointless cos he could just redirect it, then you shoot it back and then he uses the last redirect. Same for an even amount of redirections. Also, I assume it would be configurable so you wouldn't know the amount of redirections (assuming you have no access to the config) and you could be trying to redirect it the third time, but you would get striked simply.

Hero

Verified Member
If it was set to 3 it would turn out for the opponent to get the last redirect. Launching it is pretty pointless cos he could just redirect it, then you shoot it back and then he uses the last redirect. Same for an even amount of redirections. Also, I assume it would be configurable so you wouldn't know the amount of redirections (assuming you have no access to the config) and you could be trying to redirect it the third time, but you would get striked simply.
I dont know what people are worried about redircting limitations
We can redirect watermanip as it is right now and it doesnt last more than a few seconds.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I dont know what people are worried about redircting limitations
We can redirect watermanip as it is right now and it doesnt last more than a few seconds.
You have a point there, but torrent is more accurate, therefor I think redirecting would have a higher chance to succeed.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Because its more accurate, that means you have to be more "weird" to get a hit on them.
Yea... they are weirdos, ya.

talking uncomfortably quietly, knowing that I'm one of them ,without wanting to admit that. ._.

Last edited:

Kiam

Verified Member
Lmao that was over a year ago! xD Yeah I dont really have an opinion on that anymore tbh. It wasnt my idea originally, I just posted it because my mod didnt have a pk account.