• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Tornado <----- -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Tornado! A move given to an Airbender to use their air manipulating abilities and make a tornado!
Sounds cool right? The move isn't though.

What?

You guys know tornado right? That move that Airbenders thought was going to be cool but then got disappointed when they used it in battle.
Like... what is this?! In the show, Aang used Tornado while fighting Omashu King Bumi and Bumi was just sucked in and thrown like a real-life tornado. But in the plugin, all tornado does to another player is push them 1 block. (2 if you're lucky) This is a tornado for goodness sake why are you just making it do small knockback instead of sucking a player in?!

So what I am suggesting? I am suggesting for tornado to be able to pick people up just like it does with mobs. Of course, to not make it OP, players can attempt to get out of it with their "jet" moves. (Airblast, Flight, WaterWave (WaterSpout), Catapult, and Firejet (Jetblast, Jetblaze)

Why?

Well for 1, only people who use the AirCombo "Twister" have Tornado bound. Other than its combo, the only thing Tornado is good for is to look cool.

How?

Well I am not really a Coder myself, but I am pretty sure you can make players do the same thing mobs do when they get trapped in a tornado.

How is it not OP?

This wont be THAT OP considering the fact that benders can escape the Tornado with their "jet" moves.

Thank you for reading my suggestion, hope you liked it! ^3^

Patented by Janny the Critic. The number one critic that will annoy you on the Project Korra Forums.

6tijn

Verified Member
Could get really OP against waterbenders though. Not sure tho.
Its true tornado is pretty useless now .3.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I feel sorry for Zaheer. He never had a chance to get out of tornado, while other airbenders will have it now. How embarrassed he must be, knowing that he is all greatest/badass airbender when he couldn't escape the ll mighty tornado while the other weakess airbenders would be able to overcome it than he could have. Poor Zaheer :c

nutterbutter

Verified Member
Really like this idea. When you think of a tornado, you think devestation, or atleast a cyclone able to suck people up then shoot them away at high speeds. Tornado now is just a flight ability for airbenders, so I think it def needs an upgrade to make it a force to be reckoned with.

1+

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I agree, but we all saw how many Airbenders were needed and the time they took to create a Tornado. We also saw how Aang was able to redirect that "EarthSmash" with his Tornado easy-fast. The Airbender shouldn't just be able to hold shift and the Tornado just poofs in frount of him. I think that the Airbender should make some circular motion or somehting in order to create the momentum needed.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I agree, but we all saw how many Airbenders were needed and the time they took to create a Tornado. We also saw how Aang was able to redirect that "EarthSmash" with his Tornado easy-fast. The Airbender shouldn't just be able to hold shift and the Tornado just poofs in frount of him. I think that the Airbender should make some circular motion or somehting in order to create the momentum needed.
Better if we applied "motions" to all bendig moves (surge - drag mouse vertically, torrent - spin around) to make the plugin more alive and fun,

HydroMan

Verified Member
Tornado is already op. Daddy Sakurai had managed to blew me away with it on to the top of the tree. No more op Tornados (or tornadoes??) please and thank you.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
.Well I am not really a Coder myself, but I am pretty sure you can make players do the same thing mobs do when they get trapped in a tornado.
You know this was the behaviour in the original bending plugin, right? It was heavily criticised for being annoying and too op so it was nerfed to not affect players that much.

I do agree it should be changed but changing it back to the way it was won't help anything. It's pretty much an insta kill for waterbenders.

HydroMan

Verified Member
What about instead of lifting them, it could spin around the player on ground, and launching them far away while still touching the ground? That wouldn't be op!

promancer

Verified Member
You know this was the behaviour in the original bending plugin, right? It was heavily criticised for being annoying and too op so it was nerfed to not affect players that much.

I do agree it should be changed but changing it back to the way it was won't help anything. It's pretty much an insta kill for waterbenders.
Problem with your statement: almost all air moves can kill water. Airburst/blast can kill with wall and fall damage, it always would too, if it weren't For surge.

Well surge and frostbreath. Waterbenders have a number of ways to prevent falldmg, and, as the air (interpreting air as height) has an advantage in that area, and water has a disadvantage, death is bound to happen.

What about instead of lifting them, it could spin around the player on ground, and launching them far away while still touching the ground? That wouldn't be op!
I want to like this idea, but it seems useless if height isn't included. It would be a random direction Airblast with more power. It doesn't just need a change, it needs to be useful.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Problem with your statement: almost all air moves can kill water. Airburst/blast can kill with wall and fall damage, it always would too, if it weren't For surge.

Well surge and frostbreath. Waterbenders have a number of ways to prevent falldmg, and, as the air (interpreting air as height) has an advantage in that area, and water has a disadvantage, death is bound to happen.

I want to like this idea, but it seems useless if height isn't included. It would be a random direction Airblast with more power. It doesn't just need a change, it needs to be useful.
A a a! FrostBreath is an addon! Don't use it as an solution for the problem as an excuse.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Or the tornado could have the same as my suggetive WaterVortex combo. Where it spins the player around itself and then launches the player out, making him land diagonally to the ground with soft landing leaving 0,5 dmg, due to the bending wind still affecting the player even when the tornado launched him. Thouh, that would be rip off of my WaterVortex combo aspect ._.

Loony

Verified Member
Making tornado to be like twister would mean twister is pointless. I think we should get rid of the tornado move and just have twister instead but that's my opinion.

I'm going to deny this.

Status
Not open for further replies.