• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied SurgeSphere combo

Did you enjoy reading my suggestion?

• Yes, it was most pleasing to my eyes!

• Yes, its a great idea!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xD Cel Dx

Combo name:
SurgeSphere

Description:
Melts the ice inside of surge freeze in order to drown and trap your enemies!

Combo:
surge (shift at water), surge (left click target), surge (hold shift), phasechange (release shift once target is frozen)

Optional:
Phasechange (left click) to refreeze the middle of the sphere

Config:
Freeze speed(optional), melt speed per tick, damage per tick, delay to damage, range (how close you have to be to perform the combo), cooldown, warmup and dissipate time (how long till the whole sphere dissipates)

OK so I was thinking about pk and watching the avatar series the other day when I came across a very cool looking move that, with a few dev tweaks would make quite an acceptable water bending move.

OK so I thought it would be best to add it to surge as its the closest thing we've got to this move.

So everyone knows surge freeze (shift to grab a source, left click to fire your source, hold shift to freeze once source hits target)

I was thinking if you guys could add a combo onto the end of that (shift to grab a source, left click to fire your source, shift to freeze source once target is hit, **holding shift switch to phasechange and release shift**)

It would act as normal surge freeze but once you get to the stage where you freeze your target then move onto whatever else you'd do with said frozen target you would instead hold shift then switch to phasechange and release shift, the inside of the surge freeze ability would melt into water leaving 1 layer of ice for the target to break before they drowned.

Melts the ice inside of surge freeze in order to drown and trap your enemies!
Overpowered: apart from waterbenders pretty much, other benders are screwed. Firebenders will be screwed, If Combustion is disabled (which would casually happen in RPG plugin for those who got their sub-techniques randomized. Earthbenders are screwed too, If this freezes water under you. Air Bubble is now removed, so airbenders are left to doomed too.

BTW your pole is sh!tty, no offense. It shows a little bit arrogance of yours in there.

Same happens with Surge and Torrent Freeze. You can technically keep spamming ice spheres until the bender grows tired.
At least you don't die it there (suffocation damage rarely occurs). Original Poster's idea is about slowly, but painfully killing the victims. Add surge and torrent onto that and you can guarantee your opponents won't escape.

Surge Wave was never intented to be offensive ability. In this post your including a variation in and as the combo that kills your opponents through a wave. I don't like that at all. It so overpowered.

xD Cel Dx

Overpowered: apart from waterbenders pretty much, other benders are screwed. Firebenders will be screwed, If Combustion is disabled (which would casually happen in RPG plugin for those who got their sub-techniques randomized. Earthbenders are screwed too, If this freezes water under you. Air Bubble is now removed, so airbenders are left to doomed too.

BTW your pole is sh!tty, no offense. It shows a little bit arrogance of yours in there.
OK for starters lets talk about avatarstate... when do you know anyone in avatarstate (that isn't really new to bending) to die against a normal bender?

when have you seen an airbender surpass bloodbending?

how do you overcome paralyze? or rapidpunch?

how do airbenders, firebenders, earthbenders or waterbenders get out of earth traps normally?... how do earthbenders stop themselves from burning?

they use other moves...
the list goes on and on

that's the point of the ice around the outside, its not like the move in inescapable, anyone with half a brain knows how to dig through ice.. and have done so to escape surge freeze in the past... you have until your breath runs out till you start drowning anyway, if the move was a waterball that surrounds your foe with no escape option sure you can call it overpowered until that happens..... your points are invalid please stop harassing my posts

and for the if combustion is disabled problem i could say that for any move.... doesn't mean the plugin will disable those moves its up to the server owner/developer to change that not the plugin dev... if phasechange is disabled how do waterbenders melt an freeze ice?......
the list goes on and on and on.... each element surpasses each other and has a weakness to another.

its called a combat circle
water>earth>air>fire
something like that..

there are plenty of moves that are unavoidable and "overpowered" as it is... dont think one more that waterbenders have been craving for, for at least 2 years will make much of a difference.

the poll wasnt ment to be added lol so i will say sorry for that, i was just experimenting ("ooooo shiny wonder what that does....")

1. earthbenders can use earthtunnel unless suspended in the air by surge which is a master ability in its self (surge suspension) or dig the 1 ice block that is underneath them.

2. waterbenders have phasechange, waterbubble etc

3. airbenders can use airshield or airburst to push waterbenders away making the sphere dissipate anyway or dig the ice.. like they have been with surgefreeze for years...

4. firebenders can already melt ice! OR DIG THE ICE

5. chiblockers cant really do alot except get there before it freezes them (dodging) orrrr again.... DIG THE ICE!!!

Its really not that hard to get your head around....
the only time a move is overpowered is when someone doesn't know how to combat it so please, think before you comment about "overpowered" suggestions. and stop harassing my posts lol

*edit*Oh and just an fyi, the rpg plugin isn't part of the main plugin its separate. meaning not everyone uses it, you're talking about a server specific move. this is for all servers not just the one you play on. But seriously how do you get out of surge freeze normally without digging if melting is disabled...? You're being exceedingly ignorant and self centered ;)*edit*

Thanks for reading.

Cap

Last edited:

xD Cel Dx

Once you break it, the bender will barricade the opening gap with surge shield or another torrent freeze. Eventually, you will still drown!
this happens with torrent on a regular basis. torrent causes damage every time you hit someone with it, torrent freeze/surgefreeze is usually followed by someone using octopusform to kill the person inside. l2waterbend pls

xD Cel Dx

At least you don't die it there (suffocation damage rarely occurs). Original Poster's idea is about slowly, but painfully killing the victims. Add surge and torrent onto that and you can guarantee your opponents won't escape.

Surge Wave was never intented to be offensive ability. In this post your including a variation in and as the combo that kills your opponents through a wave. I don't like that at all. It so overpowered.
then make it a separate move? the whole idea around making it a combo is to make it an add-on to surge not a redesign, its appended rather than amended.

OK for starters lets talk about avatarstate... when do you know anyone in avatarstate (that isn't really new to bending) to die against a normal bender?
Ah yes, avatarstate. Totally relevant here! Let's see: by default unaccesibly ability, usually given as a pay2win content. Yeah, it's totally "similar" to what are you suggesting here.
when have you seen an airbender surpass bloodbending?
Oh, so this is relevant too! Yeah, its "not" like this ability is DISABLED by default.
how do airbenders, firebenders, earthbenders or waterbenders get out of earth traps normally?...
Firejet/AirSpout/Waterwave/Catapult/EarthSmash/Combustion/Charged-FireBlast/ect.

How will earthbenders/air erthbenders escape SurgeSphere drowing effect? Breaking blocks isn't enough, because ice can once more be created to block the exist from the drowing water via surge freeze and torrent freeze.

that's the point of the ice around the outside, its not like the move in inescapable, anyone with half a brain knows how to dig through ice.. and have done so to escape surge freeze in the past... you have until your breath runs out till you start drowning anyway, if the move was a waterball that surrounds your foe with no escape option sure you can call it overpowered until that happens..... your points are invalid please stop harassing my posts
It can be inescapable If used in conjuction with another surge/torrent freeze. Put yourself in airbender/earthbender shoes.

how do you overcome paralyze? or rapidpunch?
You can't escape paralyze, but I do wish paralyze was nerf/toned down at least so it isn't op. I dislike that ability and how cheap it is, but that doesn't mean another new and pre-existing combo/ability should become OP to just because something is already op in the plugin, which I have an open mind that concept designers are aware of its unbalance aspect and have plants to remedy it.

As for rapidpunch - avoid getting close to chi blocker. Unless your paralyze then, blame paralyze.

there are plenty of moves that are unavoidable and "overpowered" as it is... dont think one more that waterbenders have been craving for, for at least 2 years will make much of a difference.
I can't deny that there aren't any overpowered moves, but I can say that's a plain lame excuse to SUGGEST to bring or change something that should be overpowered just because you pointed out "but there are already overpowered" argument. Yes, I do think needs to be balance/nerfed down, but it should be done whilst not bringing any new overbalanced abilities or turning existing ones into cheap-killers.

Skip to 00:50

In the video, the commenter suggests that a game mechanic/ability not only it should "be exciting for the player using it", but for the player that is being used on. How is it fun for a firebender/airbender player, that a combi is being used on him/her, should enjoy getting drown while the waterbender keeps preventing him to exist by blocking with surge and torrent freezes in a switching succession? Airbenders will drown, since they longer have airbubble available (removed by recent build) and earthbenders will still drown because the water will go with them as they dig down.

Last edited:
this happens with torrent on a regular basis. torrent causes damage every time you hit someone with it, torrent freeze/surgefreeze is usually followed by someone using octopusform to kill the person inside. l2waterbend pls
I agree that octopusform shouldn't deal damage, which I support the idea of nerfing it down so that it deals a few hearts to a certain short duration or removing the aspect of it phasing through ice and thus raidly-slapping one, but again its lame excuse and argument to introduced another form of opness to the game. It's enough that we got a current overpowered way of killing your opponents whilst their inside the ice, let alone having an open mind that concept designers may be aware of the issue and demand or consider to ask devs to remove that overpowered aspect from that AoE ability.

. Your combo suggests it should drown and "as it gradually damages them after drowning effect takes place, waterbenders can then abuse by blocking entrace with torrent and surge, thus killing airbenders and earthbenders with ease". Spamming can't be excuse there as well, because your switching abilities in between, which means your not using the same one ability again and again and again.

then make it a separate move? the whole idea around making it a combo is to make it an add-on to surge not a redesign, its appended rather than amended.
Make what a seperate move? this combo? It still doesn't change the fact that its overpowered with the help of torrent&surge freeze in a switching succession, which again as I remind helps prevent the enemies from escaping their demise via drowning.

NickC1211

What if this became an addon to phasechange instead so that every block you right click turns to water and you can navigate the ice without unfreezing it. Like so:

You can't turn the outside block into water which means you'll have to be in the ice with them. And when you shift with phasechange to unfreeze it the water disappears to avoid flooding.

What if this became an addon to phasechange instead so that every block you right click turns to water and you can navigate the ice without unfreezing it. Like so:

You can't turn the outside block into water which means you'll have to be in the ice with them. And when you shift with phasechange to unfreeze it the water disappears to avoid flooding.
I actually saw on trello board one time ago that they planned to do that with the exact controls. Not sure If that's still planned because it was a long time ago. Although, I would prefer waterbubble automously changing blocks into water as you try to roam around, because the concept makes fittingly sense with that ability.

ETA: I checked and the card is moved under the "Merged" list, which suggests it will be (or is?) implanted. https://trello.com/c/tZijPW0F/497-changes-to-phasechange

Last edited:

NickC1211

I actually saw on trello board one time ago that they planned to do that with the exact controls. Not sure If that's still planned because it was a long time ago. Although, I would prefer waterbubble automously changing blocks into water as you try to roam around, because the concept makes fittingly sense with that ability.

ETA: I checked and the card is moved under the "Merged" list, which suggests it will be (or is?) implanted. https://trello.com/c/tZijPW0F/497-changes-to-phasechange
Wow that'd actually be really awesome I just hope instead of a 2 block gap of air they make it water so that it's not op. If it was air you could just walk through ice indefinitely and hide there.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
First things first this is in the wrong section, @floory565 or @Easte or @Pickle9775 could you move this to the proper section pretty please thank you guys :D.

Second thing, while I kind of agree with the original poster on how literally everyone can escape if they put their mind to it. but I don't know if everyone is going to think of these solutions and as we try to make bending as simple as possible for the average user it doesn't seem like a viable addition.

Denied but open until someone moves it to somewhere I have thread access to XD

floory565

First things first this is in the wrong section, @floory565 or @Easte or @Pickle9775 could you move this to the proper section pretty please thank you guys :D.

Second thing, while I kind of agree with the original poster on how literally everyone can escape if they put their mind to it. but I don't know if everyone is going to think of these solutions and as we try to make bending as simple as possible for the average user it doesn't seem like a viable addition.

Denied but open until someone moves it to somewhere I have thread access to XD
Done!

Second thing, while I kind of agree with the original poster on how literally everyone can escape if they put their mind to it.
There is? I find it impossible though, unless you're a waterbender. Once the ice blocks are getting destroyed by the trapped victim, meanwhile waterbenders can just prepared and set up a torrent ring or source for water with surge, they can barricade the hole again with another freeze.

Firebenders can try unfreeze the spot, though that would cause a flood. Although, you cab code in for water to disappear, it wouldn't make sense for that to happen. Firebending can't or at least shouldn't at all work in water in the first place. You can't be lit in a spot that has zero oxygen obviously. While combustion may in theory and should work, I don't think a sub-move should e v e r be a counter only for its bending arsenal, because they're may be exceptions that firebenders don't have access to it (for example, PK-RPG randomization mechanic didn't give the firebender this sub-permission). Of course FireBurst could be code to destroy all blocks, but that will have implanted BEFORE this combo, because gameplay with it would be unbalance and it isn't smart wait for a counter to it.

Airbenders and Earthbenders are obviously screwed, because like I said: waterbenders can plug the punched hole with another freezing ability. Digin't down doesn't help either, because the water will then have to fill-up the new available space.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
There is? I find it impossible though, unless you're a waterbender. Once the ice blocks are getting destroyed by the trapped victim, meanwhile waterbenders can just prepared and set up a torrent ring or source for water with surge, they can barricade the hole again with another freeze
Hahaha you need to think outside the box my friend.

An Airbender can always Dig Underneath the combo, due to how temp blocks work the water will not flow down
Same applies to earthbenders who earthtunnel.

Firebenders and waterbenders have a heat control type move which currently melts ice.
You forget that Zuko was able to melt his way through the ice at the North Pole XD

Status
Not open for further replies.