• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Superior Element

Majorite

Verified Member
Hey everybody! I decided to make this post to see how everybody is liking the new update more pointed at bending.

How does the new update fit everybody? Do you think there is any element that over-powers another by moves?

Answer the question in the post below. :3​

Last edited:

Majorite

Verified Member
Edited
This post was originally mistake because I forgot to make a poll for it. xD Also, you can't edit in a poll or delete a post (at least to my knowledge.)
And so, I turned the post into something else. Enjoy.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Nothing wrong with a little discussion instead of button mashing!

Now that 1.4.0 is drawing to a close, and all of the elements have some new things to play with, I for one am a big fan of Earth. Before starting ProjectKorra, Earth was my least favorite element by far, however I decided to try it out. Liking an element, and knowing how to use it, makes it so much easier to develop for an element I've found.

I do think that all of the elements (the main 4) are pretty balanced with each other. It just takes a bit of skill to necessarily be 'good' at your element. I wouldn't go out and say one is superior to the other, because I love all of my creations equally.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I would say Earth is my favorite, I just love the combos (ex. EarthGrab+LavaFlow).
Nothing wrong with a little discussion instead of button mashing!

Now that 1.4.0 is drawing to a close, and all of the elements have some new things to play with, I for one am a big fan of Earth. Before starting ProjectKorra, Earth was my least favorite element by far, however I decided to try it out. Liking an element, and knowing how to use it, makes it so much easier to develop for an element I've found.

I do think that all of the elements (the main 4) are pretty balanced with each other. It just takes a bit of skill to necessarily be 'good' at your element. I wouldn't go out and say one is superior to the other, because I love all of my creations equally.
Ya Mist you are pretty good at Earth. You pwned me.

Immallama

Verified Member
I'll have to say Water is still my favorite. It's got the perfect balance of move types. High damage moves, moves that cause slowness, defensive moves, knockback moves, etc. Today's new abilities only made me like it even more. WaterWave adds the mobility Water lacked and IceBlast added a powerful move with slowness bonus. Plus, according to one of Mist's goal posts, we still have another move for a new subelement on the way AND an upgrade for a current one.

Water isn't perfect though. OctopusForm is pretty much useless, IceSpike (shift specifically) isn't good for fast pace battles, and the the WaterWave is too slow to actually dodge most attacks with. Hopefully in the coming updates these issues will be fixed. In my opinion some moves could use upgrades (WaterManipulation and Surge) so they have added defense/attack functionality, since Water is supposed to be the perfect balance of offense and defense.

Overall, I think every element is like this. They all have they're strengths and they all have they're weaknesses. Some can be fixed while others will most likely stay there forever, which is good. I guess in the end Water just fits my fighting style the best. I like to be able to attack and deal decent damage from a long range. And when I am up close, I have good defense in case things get heated.

(0:29)

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
"You can now see that each element has its own strengths and weaknesses, but fire is the best!"
lol, that video is awesome.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'll have to say Water is still my favorite. It's got the perfect balance of move types. High damage moves, moves that cause slowness, defensive moves, knockback moves, etc. Today's new abilities only made me like it even more. WaterWave adds the mobility Water lacked and IceBlast added a powerful move with slowness bonus. Plus, according to one of Mist's goal posts, we still have another move for a new subelement on the way AND an upgrade for a current one.

Water isn't perfect though. OctopusForm is pretty much useless, IceSpike (shift specifically) isn't good for fast pace battles, and the the WaterWave is too slow to actually dodge most attacks with. Hopefully in the coming updates these issues will be fixed. In my opinion some moves could use upgrades (WaterManipulation and Surge) so they have added defense/attack functionality, since Water is supposed to be the perfect balance of offense and defense.

Overall, I think every element is like this. They all have they're strengths and they all have they're weaknesses. Some can be fixed while others will most likely stay there forever, which is good. I guess in the end Water just fits my fighting style the best. I like to be able to attack and deal decent damage from a long range. And when I am up close, I have good defense in case things get heated.

(0:29)
Sorry to crush your bubble but the sub element that "(kinda) already existed" is ice. :p

Immallama

Verified Member
Yeah. Ice is the 'new' sub element.
Oh :O

I just figured because we already had IceSpike and Ashe's plantbending hints (or at least I thought they were hints) that it was an official sub element. That's ok. As long as we still have that ability upgrade coming eventually.