• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into SummonAllies

djmyernos

Verified Member
This may have been suggested before, but I'll go ahead and create my own suggestion on it.

This ability is called SummonAllies (if you can think of a better name, please let me know in the comments). It would be useable by both Light and Dark spirits, and also by the Avatar. Using this ability would summon a few "spirits" that would attack a selected target.

With the ability selected, the player would hold down (Shift). Then, while holding down (Shift), the player would Right Click at another player or entity that he would want attacked. Then, hostile "spirits" (zombies, skeletons, etc.) would spawn, and begin attacking the target. These mobs would not be able to burn in the sun, and they would be a little stronger and faster than normal mobs. They would be able to use basic Spirit attack moves, as long as the player has them equipped in his hotbar. The Spirit attack moves would be slightly weaker than if they were used by a player. The server owner/admin would be able to configure which hostile mobs are summoned when this ability is used. Any hostile mob, including Hostile Wolf, can be used.

The maximum number of "spirits" a player would be able to summon at once is four. The longer the player holds down (Shift) before he Right Clicks the target, the more mobs will appear. If he simply taps (Shift) and then Right Clicks the target, only one "spirit" will appear. If he holds (Shift) for two seconds, two "spirits" would appear. If he holds it down for three seconds, he gets three "spirits". And finally if he holds it for four seconds, he gets four "spirits".

The "spirits" will last for 15 seconds or until they are killed. If the "spirits" aren't dead within 15 seconds, they will despawn. The cooldown for this move will depend on how many "spirits" were summoned. If one "spirit" was summon, it will have a 10 second cooldown. If two "spirits" were summoned, it will have a 20 second cooldown. If three or four "spirits" were summoned, it will have a 30 second cooldown. The cooldown begins after the "spirits" are all dead, or, if they aren't all killed, after the 15 seconds. If the player releases (Shift) before Right Clicking a target, the move is cancelled and no cooldown takes place.

That's it for now! Let me know what you think in the comments!

-djmyernos

P.S. As far as I know, this move is canon, as Unalok (is that how you spell it?) was able to control spirits and turn them against Korra.

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Pretty good idea! Would be awesome if the 'spirits' could use a basic spirit move from the alignment of the user.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Placing Looking Into because I love the idea! It's very smart to look at how easily Spirits can communicate with eachother, and create an ability where they use that power to call for help! Great job.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Placing Looking Into because I love the idea! It's very smart to look at how easily Spirits can communicate with eachother, and create an ability where they use that power to call for help! Great job.
Thanks!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Instead of zombies, skeletons ect. why not just enderman? They resemble alot of a darkspirits to me and I would like them only to spawn. This Definatly needs a configuration list of the mobs that can be summoned!

djmyernos

Verified Member
Instead of zombies, skeletons ect. why not just enderman? They resemble alot of a darkspirits to me and I would like them only to spawn. This Definatly needs a configuration list of the mobs that can be summoned!
That's a good idea. I'll edit the post so that the server admin can configure which mobs are summoned.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure this ability would be classified as an waterbending one and not exclusively for avatars. He did use waterbending without AS.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Probably forgot that he said that and didn't pay attention to the thread title. Although, waterbending could be used to control them and without needing to summon if those entities are near by the bender, like how he said that Unalaq turn them against Korra, which he indeed use waterbending for that.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Probably forgot that he said that and didn't pay attention to the thread title. Although, waterbending could be used to control them and without needing to summon if those entities are near by the bender, like how he said that Unalaq turn them against Korra, which he indeed use waterbending for that.
I see what you're saying. I would agree with you, but it is a purely Spirit move. Perhaps a name like "CallForAid" would be better, because "SummonAllies" does make it sound like it is a bender summoning spirits. I intended it to be a move that Spirits could use to call their "spirit allies" for help. Since the Avatar has a foothold in the spirit world, he/she would be able to use it too. Perhaps if the "Spirits" attack a waterbender, the waterbender would deal more damage to them because he/she is a waterbender who has some level of control over spirits? Just a thought.