• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Summer 2018 is here! PK Updates

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Long time no talk, huh?

Hope everyone is doing well! Just wanted to take a moment to provide a few quick updates as I'm sure you've probably noticed a few changes (there's a lot more coming).

The forum looks different!

We now have a mostly mobile-responsive forum for the first time ever! I updated our software from XenForo 1.5 to 2.0. This broke all of our addons but added a lot of new functionality. Most of the old functionality has been re-added and improved (i.e. the new Shoutbox).

We're going to also be updating the main website to increase functionality there too, but that's going to be a little bit of a slower roll as there's more work to do on that front. It is a priority, though.

Help us fight spam...

I'm constantly testing new ways to combat forum spam. Please, please, please take extra care to not click on links you don't trust or from a spammer (i.e. less than a few forum messages). Please continue to use the report functionality and it'll be flagged for us. We're doing our best to combat this as quickly as possible.

When is the next ProjectKorra (Core) build coming?

The short answer here is very soon. I know you've all been waiting a while but we're putting some finishing touches on it. We hope to have a build out within a week or two.

ProjectKorra is turning 4!

You read it right -- ProjectKorra turns 4 on June 11th. We'll be doing some stuff to coincide with this -- stay tuned.

Staffing Changes
Most of our staff has more availability as we approach the summer months and some do not. We're in the process of cleaning up our staff roster and we will likely be hiring more in the very near future. Stay on the lookout for more news there, but we are in the process of setting a lot of development and server goals for the summer and will want to make sure we have the staff to support those goals. In the meantime, please do not message me about staff applications. We've received them, there are a lot to comb through and a massive backlog to clear out.

Did I mention that I'm back?

A few have already noticed that I've had more of a presence these last couple of days. Now that I'm almost done with my degree I am carving out more time for ProjectKorra. I likely wont pick up a heavy development role, but will be back overseeing more of the day to day stuff here. You should still contact the other staff members first before you PM me about an issue you're having. Remember -- I do not provide plugin support in private messages.

Congratulations @Sobki and @OmniCypher

Sobki is being promoted to Lead Developer which will help alleviate the issue we have when members of our staff get busy. He will be able to work more directly with pushing builds out to hopefully make the process a bit faster. He and @OmniCypher will work together on this. OmniCypher has more of a role in the creative direction of the plugin as well as still being the head developer. Congratulations to you both!

And some departures :(

@Kiam has left the ProjectKorra staff. He's been a part of the team since almost the beginning and it's sad to see him go but eventually, people move on. Kiam and I go way back and are still in touch, but we wish him the best!

We've also lost @CrowsOfWar, the mod developer. We're going to be staffing up the forge modding department in the very near future as we roll out our development goals there.

That was a lot of information! Now, to spark a quick discussion -- comment below what you're looking forward to this summer (keep it appropriate). It doesn't have to be PK related (although it certainly can be).

Thank you!

BMT

The future looks bright for PK. For a second, I thought you abandoned the project but that isn't the case. What changes would we see?

That was a lot of information! Now, to spark a quick discussion -- comment below what you're looking forward to this summer (keep it appropriate). It doesn't have to be PK related (although it certainly can be).
Hmm.... good question, though can't think of an answer.

BMT

I think that's just stuff for the RPG plugin. And a Full Moon (and maybe Lunar Eclipse) is already a feature of Core.

If you look at the title of the commit, it says: "Now checking if world in ProjectKorraRPG marker attribute."
Does that mean we will see these features in the update?

jagr92

These are wonderful news! But I have just one question:

"Will ever be possible the compatibility between ProjectKorra and Sponge servers? "

I'm a really fan of this plugin and I have to say a big THANK YOU for the effort that you are making (all of you) that can make this plugin possible.

CKATEPTb

These are wonderful news! But I have just one question:

"Will ever be possible the compatibility between ProjectKorra and Sponge servers? "

I'm a really fan of this plugin and I have to say a big THANK YOU for the effort that you are making (all of you) that can make this plugin possible.
For a long time already there is an answer to this question!
No, they do not have developers working with Sponge.

jagr92 said: These are wonderful news! But I have just one question: "Will ever be possible the compatibility between ProjectKorra and Sponge servers? " I'm a really fan of this plugin and I have to say a big THANK YOU for the effort that you are making (all of you) that can make this plugin possible. Click to expand... For a long time already there is an answer to this question! No, they do not have developers working with Sponge.  
projectkorra.com/threads/2931906

what??