• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Suggestion Reference: Reorganized and Tweaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Didn't like my old suggestion, and I cringe now everytime I return to it. (http://projectkorra.com/threads/new-mechanic-exclusively-to-waterbending-first-move.4073/)

TorrentManipulation
Watermanipulation (hold sneak) >> Torrent (stop sneak)

Torrent, but with these differences:
  • Starts without the ring thing; skipping it.
  • It follows you around next to your side.
  • It isn't disconnected from the source (P.S. the source is *must be* water)
  • You can pass it onto another waterbender, but they too must have torrent selected and tap sneak to grab it.
  • Walking away further away will cause the stream to expand in length, yet still leaving it unseperated from its origin.
  • You can place it via right click on a block, which causes vanilla in-game mechanics to take over the construct.
    • Sneak would then have no effect over it.
  • If you left click, it would then blast it like normal, but it won't deal damage, however it will carry entities/players like airstream.
  • If you let go of sneak without placing it, the water will disappear or splash away into existence.
  • You can't create waves of any kind with it.
  • Maximum length: 16 blocks.
Applications:
  • With right click feature, you can create (for example) nice looking streams that flow down a hill.
  • Use for defense purposes (carry players away, similar to Jedcore's WaterStream, but less opper).
  • Encourages teaming, or with a nicer connotation - team work
    • Should passing the stream to another waterbender reset the maximum length?
Inspiration taken when Korra with other waterbenders sneak-attacked chi blockers that hid in a chi training camp.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I didn't read this entire post or the entire other one (too long oml). But I'd really like to see a torrent redirection addition. I saw where you said:
You can pass it onto another waterbender, but they too must have torrent selected and tap sneak to grab it.
Well I don't think you should be able to just go up and grab someone else's torrent, but I like the idea of being able to obtain and control a torrent that was being shot towards you.

I feel like this was already suggested, it seems too easy to think of. But much like Lightning I think you should be able to obtain someone else's torrent by holding shift at the oncoming stream.

(May add a gif later, school wifi sucks)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I didn't read this entire post or the entire other one (too long oml). But I'd really like to see a torrent redirection addition. I saw where you said:

Well I don't think you should be able to just go up and grab someone else's torrent, but I like the idea of being able to obtain and control a torrent that was being shot towards you.

I feel like this was already suggested, it seems too easy to think of. But much like Lightning I think you should be able to obtain someone else's torrent by holding shift at the oncoming stream.

(May add a gif later, school wifi sucks)
Well you should , because it isn't "torrent redirection" as you think it is.

Again, read it!

*Hint* When I say it follows you, I mean like how waterarms follow you. With the exception that it is still connected to its source: the water pool.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well you should , because it isn't "torrent redirection" as you think it is.

Again, read it!

*Hint* When I say it follows you, I mean like how waterarms follow you. With the exception that it is still connected to its source: the water pool.
I didn't think it was over Torrent redirection. The idea was just brought to mind when fast-reading through your post.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I just hope waterbenders not to be able to create a giant water snake out of a single water block (or a 2*2*1 area, like jed's WaterFlow).
I'd really wanna see something like this but also disconnected from the source. Maybe the same concept but different controls (Watermanipulation (hold sneak) >> Torrent (stop sneak) to create a connected stream and maybe Torrent (hold sneak) >> WaterManipulation (stop sneak), per example)?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'd really wanna see something like this but also disconnected from the source. Maybe the same concept but different controls (Watermanipulation (hold sneak) >> Torrent (stop sneak) to create a connected stream and maybe Torrent (hold sneak) >> WaterManipulation (stop sneak), per example)?
Disconnected? Just use normal torrent for that o_O

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Read my Watermanipulation (suggestion) thread, in which you contributed to. Holding sneak for a certain specified time with WaterManipulation selection you get to WaterControl the block, with a fish item spawn in it.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Read my Watermanipulation (suggestion) thread, in which you contributed to. Holding sneak for a certain specified time with WaterManipulation selection you get to WaterControl the block, with a fish item spawn in it.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Oh! I thought this thread was to substitute the other one!, I guess I got mistaken by the name... sorry D:

Loony

Verified Member
The other suggestion is staying.
The reason that concept was marked looking into was because of the concept of being able to use a water source to do multiple things, or one single move to be fluid and be able to change, not that the exact concept was doing to be created.

This concept is extremely and unnecessarily complex. Learning to use this ability, or even trying to use it during PvP would be extremely difficult without a lot of reward. It's far too complex, so I'm going to deny.

Status
Not open for further replies.