• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sub element: Bloodbending

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
NOTE:
This thread is inspired by the following threads created by White_Knight28 & Joeri:
http://projectkorra.com/threads/rename-bloodbending.1178/
http://projectkorra.com/threads/mass-bloodbending.1177/
http://projectkorra.com/threads/bloodbending-damage.1181/

Element:
Water

Basic Info:
Create a sub element for water labeled "Bloodbending"

Possible moves:
Bloodmanipulation (Current bloodbending ability)
Bloodgrip (Thanks to Joeri, and White_Knight28 for name idea.)
Massbloodbending (Thanks to White_Knight28 for name idea)

Bloodmanipulation:
This move would be the exact same as our current ability. You select a target, you move them around, then you launch them when you feel like it's the right time.

Bloodgrip:
See this thread created by Joeri:
http://projectkorra.com/threads/bloodbending-damage.1181/
The exact concept, I just decided to give it a name.

Massbloodbending:
See this thread created by White_Knight28:
http://projectkorra.com/threads/mass-bloodbending.1177/
Once again. Exact same concept, I am not adding anything. Only putting it into a single thread.

Attack/Defense info:
<.> Bloodmanipulation: As explained it will be the current bloodbending ability just renamed.
<.> Bloodgrip: Damage would be as described by Joeri. Every second a heart, or two hearts depending on the configured setting. Players would not be able to be moved around by the caster.
<.> MassBloodbending: Again, refer to White_Knight28's post for information.

Pros:
+ Adds another sub element to water.
+ Creates more interesting fights between non water and water.
+ Allows water to catch up to earth's large move list.
+ Give servers more donation options.

Cons:
- Increases the amount of OP moves given to water.
- Allows water to catch up to earth's large move list.

Gifs to help visualize:
Massbloodbending:

Bloodgrip:

One last time; This thread is inspired by Joeri, and White_Knight28's posts. I only compiled them so they could be judged and reviewed in a single place. As well as provide a few of my own ideas.

Please post feedback on what could be added/removed from the pros & cons lists.

brent logan

Verified Member
bloodbending is already a sub-element but bloodgrip is the only one added. Its name is bloodbending but massbloodbending, controlling more than one entity, no one will stand a chance against a bloodbender XD. i still like massbloodbending

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A better gif of massbloodbending would be when ukone controlled everyone in the court room to escape.

Kwesi

Verified Member
So then these are all separate abilities for bloodbending, interesting... Okay, I would say this for Bloodgrip: Despite its controversy it is something I see working as long as it has its distinct differences from Bloodmanipulation, likes the suggestion has.

Bloodgrip would be great to me if the bloodbender has to punch to deal damage. This would more in tune with a benders specific movements causing further manipulation in order to fully perform the ability. It just seems more realistic and would look fantastic visually: the bender's motion churning the blood within them to harm them internally. Also, the amount of overall control should be limited. I think it would satisfy it more as a separate ability that way. To me I don't think the victim should be able to pick up off the ground that much and they should be moved about more slowly. This would equate to the bloodbender concentrating more precise bloodbending to damage.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I am in agreement with everything stated above. Bloodbending as a legit sub element similar to metal or lava would be very impressive. Having multiple unique abilities related to bloodbending will be awesome.

chazpants

Verified Member
It's not really a sub element because it's the same element your just bending it in a different source. Plants are not a element your just bending water inside them same with ice it's still water not a different element your just changing the form of water into a solid

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It's not really a sub element because it's the same element your just bending it in a different source. Plants are not a element your just bending water inside them same with ice it's still water not a different element your just changing the form of water into a solid
then metal isn't an sub element, and lava isn't, and lightning isn't, and combustion isn't, etc...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I
V
then metal isn't an sub element, and lava isn't, and lightning isn't, and combustion isn't, etc...
Chaz's arguement must be INVALID MUHAHAHA

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Blood isn't a diff efferent element is it blood bending is a rare skill your knowledge is invalid.
You are bending the water inside someone -> called blood bending - you are bending the water in the plants -> called plant bending - you are bending the heat in the lightning -> called lightning bending - you are bending the power in the beam -> called combustion bending - you are bending the pieces of earth in the metal -> called metal bending... etc...

Kwesi

Verified Member
I'd really like to say something against this as well, but your use of the English language is preventing me. :\
I think the sentence is: "Blood isn't a different element, is it? Blood bending is a rare skill, your knowledge is invalid."

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
HA. Good try saying my knowledge is invalid when you have no idea how intelligent I am. Bet I'm smarter that you.

chazpants

Verified Member
Even hamma from the episode 'the puppet master' said that blood bending is a technique that a strong waterbender can perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.