• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Stop Drop & Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This move was a joke at first, but soon I realized it wouldn't be a bad idea.
@Bear omg finally

Things to know

• This is an ability that can be given to all elements, but by default it's for Chi
  • 5 second cool down
  • The cool down will be configurable due to many people have different opinions on it
  • No Warm up
  • Only works above water
  • Doesn't work unless you (left) click the ground to use it
  • No animation decided, but I figured a couple smoke particles could appear when you click with the move

How it works

The user is in PvP, nowhere to go & he's on fire. The firebender is coming at him quickly. By the time he gets to the chiblocker they'd be dead due to fire damage. That's a scenario without Stop Drop & Roll. With this move, the chi blocker could quickly use it to "drop & roll" on the ground and put out the fire on his body. To use the move you simply left click the ground below you, acting as if you're aiming to the ground to roll on. If you click in air, this move would fail to work. The move has a 10 second cooldown to prevent you from never burning, and soon becoming over powered. When you click towards the ground smoke particles would appear around you for 2 seconds, and you'd be free of fire.

The move is based off the real life rule I'm sure we've all heard of.

Thanks for reading, concerns, questions & judgement below!

~ Easte (Fly)

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
It'd be pretty powerful if it only had a one second cooldown.. I'd recommend something like 10 seconds - being that firebenders have cooldowns on their moves.

Moonelight

Verified Member
It'd be pretty powerful if it only had a one second cooldown.. I'd recommend something like 10 seconds - being that firebenders have cooldowns on their moves.
Okay, I knew someone would disagree, but I was basing it off real life. You don't have to wait any time to drop & roll. I'll change it, though.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
This move was a joke at first, but soon I realized it wouldn't be a bad idea.
@Bear omg finally

Things to know

• This is an ability that can be given to all elements, but by default it's for Chi
  • 10 second cool down
  • No Warm up
  • Only works above water
  • Doesn't work unless you (left) click the ground to use it
  • No animation decided, but I figured a couple smoke particles could appear when you click with the move

How it works

The user is in PvP, nowhere to go & he's on fire. The firebender is coming at him quickly. By the time he gets to the chiblocker they'd be dead due to fire damage. That's a scenario without Stop Drop & Roll. With this move, the chi blocker could quickly use it to "drop & roll" on the ground and put out the fire on his body. To use the move you simply left click the ground below you, acting as if you're aiming to the ground to roll on. If you click in air, this move would fail to work. The move has a 10 second cooldown to prevent you from never burning, and soon becoming over powered. When you click towards the ground smoke particles would appear around you for 2 seconds, and you'd be free of fire.

The move is based off the real life rule I'm sure we've all heard of.

Thanks for reading, concerns, questions & judgement below!

~ Easte (Fly)

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Okay, I knew someone would disagree, but I was basing it off real life. You don't have to wait any time to drop & roll. I'll change it, though.
Well by the time the move is no longer on a cooldown I think that the bender will more than likely be hit again by fireblast (for eg) and so 10 seconds is way too much (in my opinion). 1 second would be op, I agree, so what if this didn't have a cooldown and instead it would take 2 seconds to get rid of the fire because you don't just touch the ground and happy days.During these 2 seconds the bender will not be in control of his/her movements and will move 3 blocks (via tp) and stay there for an extra 1 second. The lack of mobility balances it out because your enemy can hit you multiple times before you can start dogging again.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Well by the time the move is no longer on a cooldown I think that the bender will more than likely be hit again by fireblast (for eg) and so 10 seconds is way too much (in my opinion). 1 second would be op, I agree, so what if this didn't have a cooldown and instead it would take 2 seconds to get rid of the fire because you don't just touch the ground and happy days.During these 2 seconds the bender will not be in control of his/her movements and will move 3 blocks (via tp) and stay there for an extra 1 second. The lack of mobility balances it out because your enemy can hit you multiple times before you can start dogging again.
The teleport part would become miss used in my opinion. I'll lower the cool down but that's it. I thought about adding a part where the user sprints a couple blocks to represent the "rolling", but by force where they aren't in control. I don't find the one second fully reasonable, because if you are in combat & drop & roll it's kind of like "dodging". You move quickly & you're able to get up quickly due to swift movement. Also this move is supposed to be a quick solution to simply taking out the fire on yourself, nothing more.

Hero

Verified Member
I think 5 seconds would be good considering people usually have 8 moves that does fire damage.

6tijn

Verified Member
This needs a slot on its own? I think that's not really convenient when you need to bind this to your slot bar.
I think like, a universal combo (not really combo but) would be better.
Like, no matter what slot you're on or what bender you are, when you double tap shift and hit the ground, it'll get activated.
This so you don't need to give up one of your slots, just for that one case you need to fight a fiebender.

My opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.