• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

SteamBending

Would you want for waterbenders to manipulate steam?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (give your opinion)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HydroMan

Verified Member
Why is it not consider a subelement for waterbending yet? Will it ever be one? Will we ever have a "steam manipulation" base ability(-ies)?

Zafkiel

Verified Member
Can you explain a little bit because I don't really understand what do you mean by "Steam manipulation" :/

HydroMan

Verified Member
Can you explain a little bit because I don't really understand what do you mean by "Steam manipulation" :/
Explain indeed.

I just imagine someone throwing a cloud at another person, doing no damage at all.
Ok. So we know by that fact that waterbenders can change the state of water into ice, steam, back to water, and between them and without a doubt - manipulate them two. In the plugin we can manipulate water and ice, but we can't manipulate the steam while in show we seen steam being bent a couple of times by waterbenders. By that I propose this should be consider as a subelement how ice is and have a moves based of steam manipulation and generation.

Last edited:

HadesDude

Verified Member
Ok. So we know by that fact that waterbenders can change the state of water into ice, steam, back to water, and between them and without a doubt - manipulate them two. In the plugin we can manipulate water and ice, but we can't manipulate the steam while in show we seen steam being bent a couple of times by waterbenders. By that I propose this should be consider as a subelement how ice is and have a moves based of steam manipulation and generation.
1. There's no steam in Minecraft
2. Ain't nobody got time for more particles

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
1. There's no steam in Minecraft
2. Ain't nobody got time for more particles
He's right.
If you are making a bender able to control something, it would be nice if that thing actually exist.
By the way, the only thing I could see Steambending being useful is to create a massive fog, blinding everyone, but we already have that and it's called:
1) Smokebomb;
2) AirBurst (with all the lag included).

Janny

Verified Member
Right away, when I saw this "Steambending" thread, I was already predicting people saying "There is no steam in Minecraft!" "This would do no damage!" "Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!" "This isn't needed." And I predicted right. First of all:

"There is no steam in Minecraft"? There isn't air in Minecraft either, that is why we use particles.

"This would do no damage!" Neither would air, but it still does damage because of the amount of air you are using, the more steam you use, the more it is likely to hurt.

"Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!" really? Tell me, what are you doing that restricts you from making a sub element? If you say you do not have time to make a sub element that would be kinda like airbending with the particles, then you OBVIOUSLY don't have the time to work on anything bending-related so either go work on Spirit or Pro Bending or just get off of the website.

"This isn't needed." That's an opinion. Rather or not something is "needed" isn't your choice if it is shown in the series and would bring more moves and make some people happy.

I think Steambending would be a great sub element for waterbending. Not only will it give one of my favorite elements more moves (which it needs) it will allow me to make different strategies with waterbending, an element I barely use because of how limited it is when you don't have water, plants, or bottles with you.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Not only will it give one of my favorite elements more moves (which it needs) it will allow me to make different strategies with waterbending
I agree with you, but how could we adapt that into Minecraft? What could you do with steam? Hurting moves? Utility techniques? Those are the ideas that miss in this thread: "You want a sub-element? great! Now, where are the moves?"

HydroMan

Verified Member
I agree with you, but how could we adapt that into Minecraft? What could you do with steam? Hurting moves? Utility techniques? Those are the ideas that miss in this thread: "You want a sub-element? great! Now, where are the moves?"
As far as i know in the show you could freeze things and conceal them in a steam. I would like suggest a move for steam bending that would allow to cover the bender in particles, un-allowing for them see or some sort of thing.