• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

SteamBending

Would you want for waterbenders to manipulate steam?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (give your opinion)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HydroMan

Verified Member
This is basically a suggestion so, Suggestions Forums is where I would put it. If it isn't a suggestion, what is it? Clarification? Doesn't seem like it.
Im just giving examples of what moves it could have if the plugin where to have steambending sub or just "steam" for waterbenders to bend it as a consideration.

orfeas

Verified Member
but it's water that is so heavily dense that it turns into ice. The opposite thing could be said with mist, instead of changing the temperature of water (like many people think), they could be simply changing the density
Well yeah the state of a material depends also on the pressure.

orfeas

Verified Member
Btw we kinda have steambending.You can vaporize watersources that you placed with phasechange and vaporize watermanip by tap shifting at one with watermanip selected.And yeah we have steam particles(just try one of the above and you will see)

Pur3_Fox

Verified Member
is anything in minecraft "really needed"? steambending is already here but in a very very small quantity, + i think the startup for the airbending move tornado pretty much sums up the steamcloud, what you hve to remember about waterbending is its not like the other bending styles (apart from earth in which i mean they both require a source)
it changes ALOT and pretty much anything is possible with it, its a forming substance meaning it can take any shape or form you want it to, its everywhere and in everything even the air in most places... you guys cant expect the developers to cover ALL of these fields but i do think steambending played a big part for waterbenders in tla
i do think the other elements need major developing but i REALLY think you guys should focus on actual water before the sub elements then change the water moves into developed versions of themselves
so lets take water manipulation, you crouch to grab a source then left click to direct it, it can be directed in the air and phasechanged into steam to evporate it, if you lefft click it with phasechange it turns to ice, if you shift it evaporates via steambending..

so now take lets say torrent, add a thing so if torrent is incoming if you left click with waterspout or something it catches the torrent mid air and transfers it into waterwave shooting you in the direction of your mouse.

stuff like this is whats needed, we have everything we need it just needs development and tweaking, maybe a few extra graphic developments to some of the moves and stuff like dual sourcing and so on which im pretty sur you guys are looking into anyway

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Btw we kinda have steambending.You can vaporize watersources that you placed with phasechange and vaporize watermanip by tap shifting at one with watermanip selected.And yeah we have steam particles(just try one of the above and you will see)
Those particles are too dark. They must be transparent, partly visible or whitish.

pfm2001

Verified Member
I believe steam would be great. Let's face it, most of the elements (And Chi) have some sort of blinding move. Even then, it's been demonstrated steam can actually be very lethal. Samuel Clemens's (Mark Twain) brother died due to steam inhalation. Now, I'm not saying steam MUST have attacks, but being able to blind opponents, or get water from the humidity in the air would be very useful for Waterbenders. Let's face it: Without bottles, Waterbenders have no chance on land. Even then, the water can be used up and if you're in a place with no water, snow, ice, or plants nearby, that's a problem. Steambending would be a great addition.

EDIT: I also saw this thread that has the idea "Water Reuse", so if we can't use the steam as a source, why not this?

NinjaK

Verified Member
I believe steam would be great. Let's face it, most of the elements (And Chi) have some sort of blinding move. Even then, it's been demonstrated steam can actually be very lethal. Samuel Clemens's (Mark Twain) brother died due to steam inhalation. Now, I'm not saying steam MUST have attacks, but being able to blind opponents, or get water from the humidity in the air would be very useful for Waterbenders. Let's face it: Without bottles, Waterbenders have no chance on land. Even then, the water can be used up and if you're in a place with no water, snow, ice, or plants nearby, that's a problem. Steambending would be a great addition.
By the way, you're necroposting by posting on old threads, which I believe it against the forum rules.
...And you've done it like 5 times in a row.