• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

SteamBending

Would you want for waterbenders to manipulate steam?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (give your opinion)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HydroMan

Verified Member
Hs post: 41436 said:
Dang you staff are mean. @HydroMan just tryin' to get your input. At first I thought this was stream bending where you shoot large amounts of water at people. Steam could be kinda cool
though. Steam irl hurts, so it should do damage. :)

After reading it again, I love it.
@AlexTheCoder, just have snowball particles shoot from the water. And this is better than frost breath, you know the ability that lets you MAKE WATER FROM THIN AIR TO MAKE TORRENT.
i didn't said that it would allow you to create water.

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
As I have not seen this thread until now, it seems like this is a bad idea. There isn't really "Steam" in minecraft unless you count clouds or we add steam. It seems like you would just get water from anywhere you wanted. Lets also not forget that you did not post int he right sub forum.

HydroMan

Verified Member
As I have not seen this thread until now, it seems like this is a bad idea. There isn't really "Steam" in minecraft unless you count clouds or we add steam. It seems like you would just get water from anywhere you wanted. Lets also not forget that you did not post int he right sub forum.
i see you havent read my all replies from this thread. Yeah. You obviously wouldn't. You woukd stream from only a water block source. Simple. And the steam could be represented with particles, like how airbending does.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Btw guys, do you any transparent,sligthly invisible particles that could be reprensented as steam. Im thinking it could be a mix of magic and cloud particles possibly.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Btw guys, do you any transparent,sligthly invisible particles that could be reprensented as steam. Im thinking it could be a mix of magic and cloud particles possibly.
Ambient Mob Spell

HydroMan

Verified Member
I knew that.......staff are still being meanie mc feanies though.
Tho, the addon of the jed wont make sense for it to become an official move. Imagine that it won't have any sense for it to exist,because how ridiculously it looks.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
You want my opinion on this? Well uh, sure it is perfectly logical for waterbenders to make steam, or in this case mist/fog. I've recently found out this thing called ice7 (or ice seven) where it's not "cold" ice like others would think, but it's water that is so heavily dense that it turns into ice. The opposite thing could be said with mist, instead of changing the temperature of water (like many people think), they could be simply changing the density.

(All of the above is just speculation, mostly at least.)

But for a sub element, I believe it'd prove for nothing TOO useful, nor anything we've actually seen in action many times in the show. But I guess there'd be someway to use it. Allow me to narrow down a few options

Can we blow things away with mist? No
Can we harm things with mist? No
Can it be used in a sort of evasion? Yes
Does it have too many uses? No
Can we reuse steam for water? Maybe?

My final thought on any way to use mist, would be to turn water into floating particles that can be utilized as a water source that is suspended in the air, enabling for potential combos and extra ways to use water. And on terms of more ways to use mist, it could be very possible for waterbenders to use it to easily put out fires by smothering it with moisture.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This isnt suggestion. Then where should i post. Im just asking some questions. Might suggest a better place to post this?

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
This isnt suggestion. Then where should i post. Im just asking some questions. Might suggest a better place to post this?
This is basically a suggestion so, Suggestions Forums is where I would put it. If it isn't a suggestion, what is it? Clarification? Doesn't seem like it.