• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Special metal and lava bending ability ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkPhosphorus

Verified Member
Please read through before commenting, and do not tell me why somthing wouldn't work without an explanation or fix to the problem with the ability. This is more than one suggestion, so please don't deny both for just one of the abilites. Please take these ideas into consideration for future ideas that have been accepted.

Earth core- hold shift while selected to slowly pull lava up from the depths of earth and over time create a sphere of lava that can grow to a maximum radius of 3 or 4 blocks. If the player stops shifting, the mass will stop growing, and cannot be increased. The mass will stay 3 blocks above the user for a long time (30 seconds). The player can put the lava core in the ground, and make a number of small 3 by 3 lava pools Instantly based on the amount of lava they gathered in the core. The player can also use Lava Throw on the core for more extra lava streams. The player can also use Lava Refine on the molten mass to get an iron block (since the earth's core is made of iron.) If left unused, the Lava core will sink into the ground and dissipate.

Lava Refine-A metal and lava special ability that allows the user to refine lava into stone or its potential ores. Shift with this ability while holding an iron ingot, gold ingot, diamond, or emerald when looking at stone, cobblestone, or gravel. It will start melting into lava. As you hold shift, more and more blocks around the lava you are facing will melt, slowly move towards the block of lava you are currently looking at, and will merge with it. The same material as you are holding will also manifest in the lava until its concentration is pure. The more rare the material is that you are trying to get, the longer it will take for it to build up in the lava. When it is done, lava will stop merging with the one you are looking at and will automatically cool into the ore of the material you are holding.

Example- While holding diamond, sneak while facing either stone, cobblestone, or gravel to turn it to lava. After 23-25 other blocks around it melt into lava and merge, it will cool into a diamond ore. It takes approximately 3 seconds to melt the initial block, and 1 second for one block to melt and merge with it, and 2 seconds to cool, allocating to 30 seconds for one diamond ore. Iron ore would take about 7-9 blocks around it to melt and merge, gold 11-14, and emerald 20-23.

Loony

Verified Member
EarthCore - This concept sounds exactly like LavaFlow. The way it forms and works is the same as LavaFlow and in the concept you mentioned a move that doesn't exist in the plugin (LavaThrow), in the future explain concepts that you're adding. Because we can already accomplish what EarthCore does by using LavaFlow, the ability isn't that unique and I don't believe there's a need for the ability in the plugin.

As for LavaRefine; again, it's already possible to solidify lava with LavaFlow so that's another concept that isn't unique. However, you added extra features like being able to create whatever block you specify -- This feature is unbalanced and it doesn't make a lot of sense. You cannot control what blocks you create with Lavabending.

I'm going to deny the suggestion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But you didn't :D

I agree on loony. EarthCore works differently, but same conceot as lavaflow. Wanna have a growing lavapool? Use Lavaflow. EarthCore is worthless an ability, no offense.

Actually, maybe lavaflow could take one small piece of detail from this that would give great control over lavabendingmore: maybe by scrolling mouse bar, you could decrease/increase your size of the pool by starting from its circe to the center ~~~ left click to disable this feature.

If there is a real logical science behind Lavaredine (cooling lava to any earth minerial despite its origin), I see why not. I have no expertise on how cooling process works and what happens (or shall I turns to not mislead anybody) after it, so I can judge whenever this ability is valid or not in any form.

Status
Not open for further replies.