• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Sourcing Grass Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
Plant bending is advanced technique of water bending to control plants, or extract water from them. So what I was thinking is why can't grass blocks be a source?

Well as seen in the show water benders have used water from grass, it just takes a little longer. So when you use moves like torrent or surge a 3 by 3 X shape of that grass will turn into the brown mud type looking grass block. It will take a little longer for it to start coming to you when holding shift because extracting water from grass is kind of hard. Water manipultion will be the same except it will use 1 block and have no delay.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Should be a full-moon passive only or disabled by default. Grass is almost everywhere, more often than the other plant block. If everyone had the capability to used it as a source and at any time of the day, it wouldn't look that good from how I see it. Yes, it's canon, but I don't see it as a realistic potential method for waterbenders to live/camp in a plain lands, surrounding by only grass and no bodies of water, yet have the advantage to use their bending same as they would from using an actual body of water.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The difference from using a body of water vs the plains is that eventually they would run out of grass to use. The grass block would turn into dirt or "mud" then it would be unusable until it turned back into grass. The plains biome already has a huge variety of grass blocks that the water bender can already bend as well, such as flowers and tall grasses. It's basically like saying they shouldn't be able to bend from snow blocks so that they can't use snow as if it was like a body of water. A water bender can bend from grass and snow as if it was a body of water. Both need to regenerate before they can use it again.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm aware that my logic of preventing them to pull water from grass to bend would make no sense, but for the sake of keeping waterbenders still using would be suitable option than of the your giving realism. Everytime I see a waterbender in servers running towards water to use their next move when they could have used a plant that was next to them makes me face palm real hard. I rarely see nowadays waterbenders ever using a plant as a source even when they are planted in the area they are in, or it could just me but I doubt that. With this addition that Green requested, this will make that occurrence opposite from what is now.... unless this passive is accessible through the criteria I gave, or the move executed from the waterbended grass would be strongly debuff unlike from the normal bases.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Cooldown would be ok. Either that, either only full moon feature, disabled or debuff abilities in size and strength.

Green

Verified Member
May be add it to your thread with the plant sourcing nerfs? Or I can just steal your ideas to make torrent and surge smaller?

Loony

Verified Member
I think it might be too overpowered to have grass blocks as a source but I think it's worth having a config option so you can use them as a source. Looking into!

Status
Not open for further replies.