• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Soundwave

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Marked as Denied due to the ability in question not being canon.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Marked as Denied due to the ability in question not being canon.
I understand that point. I suppose it's about trying to introduce new forms of bending into the plugin - some will be accepted - some will not, but I respect why this was denied.

chazpants

Verified Member
Sounbending itself is not a legitemate air bending ability.Sound doesnt just travel through the air. Sound actually travels better in some metals and liquids than it does in the air. So using the same logic, when submerged in water or surrounded by metal benders, they should be able to sound bend too, right? Wrong. Sound is not one of the four elements nor is it created with one of the four elements. It is a form of energy that requires a medium, not the sub element nor an technique of air benders.
Hes right sound does not travel through air it travels through particles

V

Vidcom

The main logic utilised for soundbending isn't that sound can only travel through air, it's more that airbenders routinely influence and shift air pressure in their bending style. Examples of this that can be seen include Zaheer's breathbending, which is by definition creating a region of extremely low internal pressure within the targets lungs since all air has been removed, and any kind of airblast seen is a rapidly moving, high pressure region of air. If it was low pressure, it would simply dissipate. Other elements have been seen to utilise pressure themselves (Earth with lavabending, Water with icebending), but those are more shifting pressure and then bending that, whereas Air systematically changes pressures. As a result, it stands to reason that an airbender would have a much easier time creating sound hypothetically than the other elements.