• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Smoke grenade texture for (lingering) potion of blindness

With the correlation of the core plugin, that would replace the snowball with a potion of blindness AND keeps the original projectile's velocity with range & everything else that would mimick the throwing physics of the ball (will be suggesting that after this thread is submitted), the resource pack could change the texture of that potion like so:

Seeing that waterbottles along with rest bottles filled and empthy are likely gonna be change to look like the waterskins-- I'd say we could make all the bottles look as close as a waterskin and a smoke grenade at the same time. Just have the bottle texture of a leather, as if it covers the whole bottle, 'hiding' the class material completely inside of it. That way, you wouldn't be able to distinguish it as a glass bottle, but still believing it with your eyes as if it is a water skin or a smoke bomb.

This is just to make the smokescreen's bomb look as an actual bomb, while having it look as an bottle at the same time (win&win game, don't you think :D )

Last edited:
Or we could just have a Light Gray shulker box look like/represent the bomb and distinguishable as a shulker box :eek:. Like by just making it all gray without any pattern and just by adding a stripe in middle as seen in the picture :eek:. Since the shulker box will be thrown as a drop entity item (invisible iron stand I think that's how the process of creating such projectile works), it's important to apply that texture to that as well.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
You can't change the textures for individual potions. Minecraft has 1 texture for the potion which is then colored by the game depending on the effect; so you can only change them all at the same time.

You can't change the textures for individual potions. Minecraft has 1 texture for the potion which is then colored by the game depending on the effect; so you can only change them all at the same time.
Well, that's the point. Did I say that I want to change all them differently? Unless you're trying say I can't make them all look the same due to the liquid staying different. That would be a bad bummer.

If it won't work out, at least we could have an light gray shulker box for that to act like the bomb :D

And here's the thread to correlate with the main plugin (http://projectkorra.com/threads/smokescreen-entity-replacement.5133/)

Or we could just have a Light Gray shulker box look like/represent the bomb and distinguishable as a shulker box :eek:. Like by just making it all gray without any pattern and just by adding a stripe in middle as seen in the picture :eek:. Since the shulker box will be thrown as a drop entity item (invisible iron stand I think that's how the process of creating such projectile works), it's important to apply that texture to that as well.
Of course the middle stripe and plain color would be applied to all colored shulker box, so that the light gray one doesn't look odd and diffrent from others. And to clarify once - that what keeps the aesthetical immersion that it is a smoke grenade and a shulker box at the same time.