• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Shifting Sides

Joeri

Verified Member
My idea is to make players be a spirit type based on their personality.

If a light spirit kills a player, they will turn into a dark spirit, and if a dark spirit hasn't killed anyone for 2 hours (online time, doesn't count when offline) they will change into a Light Spirit

Basically

Light Spirits that kills players turn into Dark Spirits

Dark Spirits that don't kill anyone turn into Light Spirits

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Not too sure about this. What if you are a Light Spirit and there are players trying to raid your base and you kill one trying to defend your home. You switch to Dark Spirit. Binds lost. Easy target. And what if you are a Dark Spirit and just go mining for a while or there is no one else on. You are switched to a Light Spirit. But you enjoyed being a Dark Spirit. That would also make it so that anyone who would want to stay a Dark Spirit constantly killing people to keep their type.

I think if there would be a way implemented to switch spirit types it should be should be entirely voluntary so people can stay that type of spirit if they like it. I would be upset if all of a sudden I was changed from an earth to a fire bender. It would most likely be the same way with spirits.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well it shouldn't be completely voluntary because bending isn't, and in the show you only see light spirits turned dark by force.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Well it shouldn't be completely voluntary because bending isn't, and in the show you only see light spirits turned dark by force.
Bending is voluntary in PK.
/b choose <element>

In the show we don't see the Dark Spirits turn Light because they don't kill people in a certain time frame. There should be a way to change spirit types, but it shouldn't be forced like this.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Most servers have that command permission disabled for everyone but staff. And you're right, it shouldn't be forced like this, but waterbenders should be able to change them as seen in the show.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Most servers have that command permission disabled for everyone but staff. And you're right, it shouldn't be forced like this, but waterbenders should be able to change them as seen in the show.
Most servers let you choose your element at least once.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I agree with bear. This is forced. But I think there should be a way to change their type, as we've seen it in the series

Kwesi

Verified Member
Unfortunately, as much as I understand the concept, I agree with the others. This could get inconvenient quickly.