• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied SandBending Ideas & EarthPunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaye

Verified Member
Hello there,

As you may have noticed, I made two threads with sand moves and earth some suggestions, however, I think I was very disorganized with them, so I have decided to re-write both of my threads into one and delve a little deeper into each move. By the way, the other threads have been removed by now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: SandWhip
Element: Earth (Sand)
Damage: 4 damage (2 Hearts)
Range: 15 blocks
ChargeTime: None
CoolDown: None
Knockback: 1.5
Description: Basically like a sand torrent, has almost the same properties as torrent. Left-click on an SANDbendable block and it shall turn into stone, then hold shift and the sand will come out of the ground and start swirling around you, then left click at your target and 2 hearts will be taken away from them. Has a 20% chance of giving you a 5 second blindness.
Uses: To hit you enemy offensively/defensively.

Image: http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation...Jy9caPAbWlyfLlsP4IJxQz&file=output_4YQzhD.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Thinnen
Damage: None (Passive)
Size: 4x4x4 Cube
Description: Earth is dense, while sand is thin, hence the name Thinnen. Shift on an earthbendable block and it will be replaced with sand, with that, you will be able to sandbend.
Uses: A source to sand bend on.

Image: http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2015010615MTDpoI0XbTHK9UUDutcqmW&file=output_ONPQHv.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: SandSpout
Damage: None (Passive)
Description: Similar to Air/WaterSpout, left click to form a line of sand below you that you are able to stand on, the very tip is sandstone. Shift to go down and Space to go up, then left click once more to remove the SandSpout. Once you are no longer in contact with a sandbendable block and you are on the SandSpout, it will deactivate and you will fall down. Maybe some yellow particles to complement it?
Uses: For transportation, to dodge an attack.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/KXuJ08w.png

Name: EarthPunch
Element: Earth
Damage: 3 damage (1.5 Hearts)
CoolDown: 10 seconds (10000)
Launch Range: 20 blocks
Description: Shift on an earthbenable block then it will be transported in your hand, the label for the block will become "EarthPunch", then you can use it on someone. Suggestion by finnbon: While its still in your hand, you can launch it by shifting once more.
Uses: To offensively hit your target in a small space.

Image: https://imgflip.com/gif/g3mn5

Sandbending in action:

Thank you,
AgentIHD

Last edited:

WaterFan99

Verified Member
Honestly, I would be glad to see SandSpout & SandWhip.
Sandbending is suprisingly getting no attention so i hope good sand moves are released in the future! and mabye we could get a sandbending passive just like the metal and lava passive

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sandbending is suprisingly getting no attention so i hope good sand moves are released in the future! and mabye we could get a sandbending passive just like the metal and lava passive
What's the lava passive?

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah, first thing I saw on this is that it is way more then 1 suggestion. Only one suggestion per post pls.

Anyways, I think catapult is enough, we don't need another waterspout clone.

We would need more sandbending moves for thinnen to be useful.

Jaye

Verified Member
With catapult you cant stay one place in the air, and then catapult just pushes you up for a few secs, its hard to control too.
Particles would be laggy with my sh*tty internet, maybe some particles can go around the model that I made?

Moonelight

Verified Member
With catapult you cant stay one place in the air, and then catapult just pushes you up for a few secs, its hard to control too.
Particles would be laggy with my sh*tty internet, maybe some particles can go around the model that I made?
If air spout doesn't lag you, you'd be fine.
And you don't need to have a picture for the sand spout with particles. The Devs can do it if you just mention it in the main post!

WeTitans3

Verified Member
Ok, once again, knocking moves entirely doesn't help advance the future of this plugin in. SandSpout fits a role for Earthbenders that they do not have already.

My suggestion for it is that SandSpout, so it isnt a clone (not that that is bad for an element without something of similar function), is that instead of function similar to WaterSpout and AirSpout, but instead more of a close to the ground, quick horizontal movement. Maybe like the recently suggested FireJetSki.

As for Thinnen, what does it matter about the number of sand moves. This will set the base for the development of new sand moves because people will actually have a source of sand outside of the desert. I mean, to even begin with lava moves, we had to be able to make a source of lava, right?

Everyone needs to understand how to contribute to brainstorming, by not knocking something down. Either add to it, or suggest a change. It's the Concept Designers' job to determine whether or not this is useful, so let it get enough steam to get to that point. How can we move forward if you kick the legs out from under us at the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.