• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Replace Airbending no Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
First off Janny, that's a pretty mean statement.

Now for both of you. Orion, Zaheer did jump off cliffs but you could see him airbending as he fell. That and he was totally aware of his surroundings. I don't get it that airbenders can get bit by a f*cking boulder while falling, lose focus, and still hit the ground unharmed. It doesn't make any sense. Ontop of that, if you have good reaction time, then this will most likely mean almost nothing to you. Airbenders weren't designed to go airblastjumping 20 meters up in the sky from the get-go in the show. If they could do that, then the Airbender Genocide probably would've been a failure for the Fire Nation.
Exactly my point. Airbenders bend the air precisely around themselves, intending to block the velocity/fall damage

Which is why they would take damage if they lost focus as they couldnt bend the air precisely enough anymore to prevent damage.

With this being moved to Air Pillow Cushion Cloud (whatever you want to call it) you would get rewarded for using it properly and even be able to save allies

Janny

Verified Member
Exactly my point. Airbenders bend the air precisely around themselves, intending to block the velocity/fall damage

Which is why they would take damage if they lost focus as they couldnt bend the air precisely enough anymore to prevent damage.

With this being moved to Air Pillow Cushion Cloud (whatever you want to call it) you would get rewarded for using it properly and even be able to save allies
Dude, you basically want to nerf Airbenders by 80%. In fact, I am pretty sure A LOT of Airbenders would just switch their elements because mobility is almost all they had that made them OP. You know how annoying it would be to Airblast everywhere and constantly take fall damage? And don't tell me "Oh, they can just save themselves with Air Pillow." I don't know about you, but MOST Airbenders don't have that fast of a reaction time to constantly save themselves in the air by using Air Pillow airblasting around.

I think the only reason you made this suggestion was because you think its OP. Ask the over 100+ non-airbenders how they face Airbenders. There are people that are KNOWN for destroying Airbenders.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
See in the examples you mentioned they both received a previous blow from witch they more or less unconscious. You remember when aang was being chased by the yuyan archers ? He jumped that cliff with no concern or plan to use any move .... Or when Zahir escaped prison... He jumped of the cliff and he landed normally. It is canon that airbenders slow their decent in order to survive otherwise fatal jumps ... It is also canon that benders can bend or augment parts of their physical or spirit without the aid of movements or as such. I don't think this is a good idea over all. Take this and 50% of an airbenders utility would be taken as well.
Well, what do you expect? The show creators are totally gonna give Zaheer a helicopter. Being damaged and about to fall is different than just taking slow jumps down a cliff. Also, my biggest contradiction: Yes, the show inspires and shapes projectkorra, but whatever the means to balance it out in Minecraft, then do so. I agree, Air is very powerful due to no fall damage and unlimited sources. I think Airbenders should only take fall damage if the airbender is hit by any attack and after 5 seconds of not being hit by anything, the passive is turned back on

Joeri

Verified Member
Dude, you basically want to nerf Airbenders by 80%. In fact, I am pretty sure A LOT of Airbenders would just switch their elements because mobility is almost all they had that made them OP. You know how annoying it would be to Airblast everywhere and constantly take fall damage? And don't tell me "Oh, they can just save themselves with Air Pillow." I don't know about you, but MOST Airbenders don't have that fast of a reaction time to constantly save themselves in the air by using Air Pillow airblasting around.

I think the only reason you made this suggestion was because you think its OP. Ask the over 100+ non-airbenders how they face Airbenders. There are people that are KNOWN for destroying Airbenders.
I played Air Myself and Air Blasting around is one of the most OP things ever.

Almost dead? Airblast out

You don't even need that great of a reaction time for this, just more precision than an automated system, you haven't even tried it and your already complaining it's underpowered, when in reality - that's just like the show. They had to do it themselves with great precision and control. Not a BS automatic system

Anyway, even if it gutts the no fall passive (which it will not if your decent) then they can buff a few other things in exchange?

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I think Airbenders should only take fall damage if the airbender is hit by any attack and after 5 seconds of not being hit by anything, the passive is turned back on
Over all I'm preferring this over the main idea. Having a separate move to block the fall damage would mean that as an airbender you wouldn't be able to charge moves wile airborn so this kind of makes a compromise on both sides. It also keeps it as a passive.

NinjaK

Verified Member
How about we just keep the passive, and add some particles for it, eh?
And if you really want, add an additional move that creates a pillow of air to save your friends who are falling. Which, is canon, Tenzin has done it before.

Joeri

Verified Member
How about we just keep the passive, and add some particles for it, eh?
And if you really want, add an additional move that creates a pillow of air to save your friends who are falling. Which, is canon, Tenzin has done it before.
That's not really realistic though.

We have 2 ways to go
- Make it so the no fall passive get's disabled for a few seconds when you get hit
- Add the airpillow thing

To be honest, as someone who has been an airbender for a pretty decent amount of time this won't hurt you unless you tend to airjump a lot.
2 birds one stone, more skill required to use airjump safely and a fix for this unrealistic (and pretty strong) passive

If the airpillow thing turns out to be massively underpowered, then we reverse it. But there's no harm in trying out

SuperBower118

Verified Member
That's not really realistic though.

We have 2 ways to go
- Make it so the no fall passive get's disabled for a few seconds when you get hit
- Add the airpillow thing

To be honest, as someone who has been an airbender for a pretty decent amount of time this won't hurt you unless you tend to airjump a lot.
2 birds one stone, more skill required to use airjump safely and a fix for this unrealistic (and pretty strong) passive

If the airpillow thing turns out to be massively underpowered, then we reverse it. But there's no harm in trying out

For anyone that says that it's realistic for an airbender to not take falldmg after being hit and further more doing NOTHING.

HydroMan

Verified Member

For anyone that says that it's realistic for an airbender to not take falldmg after being hit and further more doing NOTHING.
#Rekt'd, Now I hope this argument is the final judgement of this dabate and the end of this discussion (not my favorite thread to be honest, cuz Im so bother when I see notifcation consisting this suggestion :p).

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

You can clearly see him airbending. Things like that could be accomplished by having a decent reaction speed, and using tornado or airspout.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
#Rekt'd, Now I hope this argument is the final judgement of this dabate and the end of this discussion (not my favorite thread to be honest, cuz Im so bother when I see notifcation consisting this suggestion :p).
You can clearly see him airbending. Things like that could be accomplished by having a decent reaction speed, and using tornado or airspout.

Joeri

Verified Member

Is that supposed to be an argument against or for this thread?
You can see he took full velocity damage, and then quickly created an airpillow to save him self from getting even injured more. He's a master Airbender, if anyone could prevent a fall like that it would be him

EDIT: Just like how you would be able to do the same ingame with airpillow

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Is that supposed to be an argument against or for this thread?
You can see he took full velocity damage, and then quickly created an airpillow to save him self from getting even injured more. He's a master Airbender, if anyone could prevent a fall like that it would be him
+ he using your suggestion. They could both be implemented, to have a way to stop fall damage WHEN you are hit.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Didn't see your post, as did pop up while adding mine, lol. Anyway, I'm really SURE that we had a detabe for earth&airbendenders to not have negation of damage, bbut the CDs decided and stated that they will leave their passive ability in place and than the discussion was closed.

Joeri

Verified Member
Didn't see your post, as did pop up while adding mine, lol. Anyway, I'm really SURE that we had a detabe for earth&airbendenders to not have negation of damage, so the CDs decided to leave their passive ability in place and than the discussion was closed.
I don't know about that/don't remember so i just decided to make this thread, since it was based off finn his air pillow cushion cloud anyway

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Didn't see your post, as did pop up while adding mine, lol. Anyway, I'm really SURE that we had a detabe for earth&airbendenders to not have negation of damage, so the CDs decided to leave their passive ability in place and than the discussion was closed.
That was quite a long time ago. Elements got new things, so older things can be changed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.