• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Replace Airbending no Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Replace Air no fall passive with Finn his Air Pillow.

Airbenders can ignore fall damage by bending the air precisely around them creating a soft landing, however - if they don't they will infact still take fall damage.

The current system: get smashed by a boulder and without even doing something you land safely on your feet

It's un-realistic and not logical, with Air Pillow you can now save your friends too, and it actually takes skill and precisement to use like in the show.

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
My airpillow addon thing is outdated though, and it only works on other entities. (It could also just be improved in general xD)

Orion_Solus

See in the examples you mentioned they both received a previous blow from witch they more or less unconscious. You remember when aang was being chased by the yuyan archers ? He jumped that cliff with no concern or plan to use any move .... Or when Zahir escaped prison... He jumped of the cliff and he landed normally. It is canon that airbenders slow their decent in order to survive otherwise fatal jumps ... It is also canon that benders can bend or augment parts of their physical or spirit without the aid of movements or as such. I don't think this is a good idea over all. Take this and 50% of an airbenders utility would be taken as well.

Joeri

See in the examples you mentioned they both received a previous blow from witch they more or less unconscious. You remember when aang was being chased by the yuyan archers ? He jumped that cliff with no concern or plan to use any move .... Or when Zahir escaped prison... He jumped of the cliff and he landed normally. It is canon that airbenders slow their decent in order to survive otherwise fatal jumps ... It is also canon that benders can bend or augment parts of their physical or spirit without the aid of movements or as such. I don't think this is a good idea over all. Take this and 50% of an airbenders utility would be taken as well.
Because they were intending to block the fall damage with AirBending, if an airbender in the show isn't intending or can't block the fall damage then they take it. As should it be ingame

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
If an earthbender shockwaves you of a cliff, forcing you to fall down 100 blocks, you still don't take fall damage. Even if you are 'unconscious' you still don't take fall damage. If you are not, like Zaheer and tenzin were most of the time, you have time to quickly use this ability, negating fall damage. Sure airbenders could still receive more fall damage than other benders but not as much as they currently can.

Orion_Solus

Because they were intending to block the fall damage with AirBending, if an airbender in the show isn't intending or can't block the fall damage then they take it. As should it be ingame
Yes but they don't have to use any special move to do so...it's more in their nature. We can assume that in game every player wants to block the fall damage. Also the only time an airbender can't block fall damage is as I stated above when they are unconscious.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Yes but they don't have to use any special move to do so...it's more in their nature. We can assume that in game every player wants to block the fall damage. Also the only time an airbender can't block fall damage is as I stated above when they are unconscious.
If an earthbender shockwaves you of a cliff, forcing you to fall down 100 blocks, you still don't take fall damage. Even if you are 'unconscious' you still don't take fall damage. If you are not, like Zaheer and tenzin were most of the time, you have time to quickly use this ability, negating fall damage. Sure airbenders could still receive more fall damage than other benders but not as much as they currently can.

Orion_Solus

And by that logic shouldn't earthbenders get the same nerf ?

Joeri

No, they also can't block it when they get blasted out of their focus. Multiple times Korra got hit by an attack and then fell on the ground. If they aren't trying to block the fall damage they take it. just like how it should be in MC

HydroMan

I also remember a scene where Korra got knocked out and tenzin saved her by using Air Cushion, because if not she would have suffered big injuries.
She didn't know how to airbend at that time.

Btw, we have had a debate about this no fall damage thing for airbender thing, and the people agains't for allow fall damage won and ended the discussion. So don't expect to see this getting denied.

Janny

This is one of the most idiotic suggestion I have EVER seen. Do you know what is amazing about Airbenders? Their mobility. Without it, Airbenders will because the easiest benders to kill. The mobility of an Airbender is amazing BECAUSE of no fall damage.

HydroMan

This is one of the most idiotic suggestion I have EVER seen. Do you know what is amazing about Airbenders? Their mobility. Without it, Airbenders will because the easiest benders to kill. The mobility of an Airbender is amazing BECAUSE of no fall damage.
Airbenders will... die?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Their mobility doesnt involve their nofall damage passive at all (maybe a little but still not a lot).

Joeri

Their mobility doesnt involve their nofall damage passive at all (maybe a little but still not a lot).
Jesus, i'm not saying we should remove the speed or jumpboost. Neither am i saying we should remove the no fall passive entirely

I am saying MOVE it to Air Shield so it requires SKILL and PRACTICE to use just like in the SHOW
Last time i remember REALISM also played a part of this plugin

EDIT: With doing this air pillow stuff you can even save your allies, i recommend looking at finn his resource. Because it's way more realistic than the current air no fall passive

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Jesus, i'm not saying we should remove the speed or jumpboost. Neither am i saying we should remove the no fall passive entirely

I am saying MOVE it to Air Shield so it requires SKILL and PRACTICE to use just like in the SHOW
Last time i remember REALISM also played a part of this plugin

EDIT: With doing this air pillow stuff you can even save your allies, i recommend looking at finn his resource. Because it's way more realistic than the current air no fall passive
I do such good jobs~ :rolleyes:

First off Janny, that's a pretty mean statement.
Now for both of you. Orion, Zaheer did jump off cliffs but you could see him airbending as he fell. That and he was totally aware of his surroundings. I don't get it that airbenders can get bit by a f*cking boulder while falling, lose focus, and still hit the ground unharmed. It doesn't make any sense. Ontop of that, if you have good reaction time, then this will most likely mean almost nothing to you. Airbenders weren't designed to go airblastjumping 20 meters up in the sky from the get-go in the show. If they could do that, then the Airbender Genocide probably would've been a failure for the Fire Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.