• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

RainBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
condensation is one of the most useless waterbending moves there is. Oh wait, I am wrong about how much use it has. It is ONLY useable by waterbenders, it is SLOWER then just right clicking water, and it can be a move only usable by certain people, like how bloodbending or lightningbending could work on some servers. So there *Might* be a small amount of users that use this. Oh yeah, must I add that rain is laggy and is usually turned off because it debuffs firebending to extreme amounts?
So... Let me break apart your comment to try and get what your saying...
condensation is one of the most useless waterbending moves there is
- I'm pretty sure rainbending isn't useless, especially because we are chatting on a post asking for its implementation but... it looks like you have some reasons as to why its so
so lets go over them...

It is ONLY useable by waterbenders
- Well it is a Waterbending move so, I wouldn't expect this to be a complete surprise... If you want I can change the move to allow Firebenders to use it as well.
it is SLOWER then just right clicking water
- I agree, I'm pretty sure bending various small droplets of water directly into a bottle is in fact slower then directly filling it up all at once. Thanks for pointing that out! Im sure most people would agree with us as well.
it can be a move only usable by certain people, like how bloodbending or lightningbending
- I also agree, only powerful benders could manipulate that amount of water with such precision. Thanks for also noting this!
Oh yeah, must I add that rain is laggy and is usually turned off because it debuffs firebending to extreme amounts?
- As a developer of ProjectKorra I can confirm that rain has no direct debuffing effects on firebending. In responce to rain being disabled, most bending servers I go on do have rain enabled. I'm not exactly sure why the ones you play on don't but maybe its because they care and are considerate enough to not make people like you lag.

So I'm glad that after reviewing your comment we can agree that...
1. Waterbenders can waterbend
2. Rainbending is more complicated then filling a bottle up from a source
3. Rainbending takes more skill then a normal bender

So... why exactly do these facts constitute as evidence that Condensation is
one of the most useless Waterbending moves there is
? Throughout your comment you did nothing but bash me with truthful facts about how Rainbending mechanics should be and how Condensation worked? I fail to understand how this exactly makes my move
but I apologize regardless. Please feel free to make your own form of a more accurate Rainbending Add-On. I'm sure that with your knowledge of ProjectKorra and Java you could spent the countless hours required to make a move which also encompasses all these very important aspects of Rainbending that we both agree Condensation already has. :p

FuniiGhoul

- I'm pretty sure rainbending isn't useless, especially because we are chatting on a post asking for its implementation but... it looks like you have some reasons as to why its so so lets go over them...

1. - Well it is a Waterbending move so, I wouldn't expect this to be a complete surprise... If you want I can change the move to allow Firebenders to use it as well.
2. - I agree, I'm pretty sure bending various small droplets of water directly into a bottle is in fact slower then directly filling it up all at once. Thanks for pointing that out! Im sure most people would agree with us as well.
3. - I also agree, only powerful benders could manipulate that amount of water with such precision. Thanks for also noting this!
4. - As a developer of ProjectKorra I can confirm that rain has no direct debuffing effects on firebending. In responce to rain being disabled, most bending servers I go on do have rain enabled. I'm not exactly sure why the ones you play on don't but maybe its because they care and are considerate enough to not make people like you lag.

So... why exactly do these facts constitute as evidence that Condensation is ? Throughout your comment you did nothing but bash me with truthful facts about how Rainbending mechanics should be and how Condensation worked? I fail to understand how this exactly makes my move but I apologize regardless. Please feel free to make your own form of a more accurate Rainbending Add-On. I'm sure that with your knowledge of ProjectKorra and Java you could spent the countless hours required to make a move which also encompasses all these very important aspects of Rainbending that we both agree Condensation already has. :p
gg

ashe36

Verified Member
- I'm pretty sure rainbending isn't useless, especially because we are chatting on a post asking for its implementation but... it looks like you have some reasons as to why its so so lets go over them...

1. - Well it is a Waterbending move so, I wouldn't expect this to be a complete surprise... If you want I can change the move to allow Firebenders to use it as well.
2. - I agree, I'm pretty sure bending various small droplets of water directly into a bottle is in fact slower then directly filling it up all at once. Thanks for pointing that out! Im sure most people would agree with us as well.
3. - I also agree, only powerful benders could manipulate that amount of water with such precision. Thanks for also noting this!
4. - As a developer of ProjectKorra I can confirm that rain has no direct debuffing effects on firebending. In responce to rain being disabled, most bending servers I go on do have rain enabled. I'm not exactly sure why the ones you play on don't but maybe its because they care and are considerate enough to not make people like you lag.

So... why exactly do these facts constitute as evidence that Condensation is ? Throughout your comment you did nothing but bash me with truthful facts about how Rainbending mechanics should be and how Condensation worked? I fail to understand how this exactly makes my move but I apologize regardless. Please feel free to make your own form of a more accurate Rainbending Add-On. I'm sure that with your knowledge of ProjectKorra and Java you could spent the countless hours required to make a move which also encompasses all these very important aspects of Rainbending that we both agree Condensation already has. :p
but rainbenders rainbend

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Would you like some rain for that burn?

owlcool

Verified Member

Rain. Is. Laggy. For. Everyone. If you go on a server with it actually raining you and there are staff on for enough time you will see a lot of players asking for the server owner to turn off the rain. That includes waterbenders, because this move isn't the highest priority over not lagging. It isn't A priority over not lagging.

2.3. I was simply saying that part because there are a good portion of servers that like to be true to the show, and since that was something that was seen once at a decent level, it would most likely not be installed on those servers, at least for the lower down benders, which is related to what you were saying because you were asking why so few servers have condensation installed.

And, I cannot stress this enough, Rain is laggy. Very very laggy. If you go on a server for long enough, that is a normal server, maybe 75% of the servers on the pk server list, you should notice that rain is laggy. And rain is a major debuff to firebending because it takes away the aspect of cooking food by just hitting it with fireblast, some rpg servers might have heatcontrol to be disabled because only the better of firebenders have that.

jedk1

Rain. Is. Laggy. For. Everyone.
it doesnt lag for me. i stay at a steady 150 fps with rain...

you will see a lot of players asking for the server owner to turn off the rain.
maybe 1 or 2, but barely any.

Rain is laggy. Very very laggy.
its not.

you should notice that rain is laggy
its not. youve got a bad pc.

And rain is a major debuff to firebending because it takes away the aspect of cooking food by just hitting it with fireblast
how is logic a debuff?

some rpg servers might have heatcontrol to be disabled
then dont play on them servers.

Oh? Whats this? 186fps? While it's raining? Wheres the lag? I dont get your point like seriously. + if you feel rain is an issue... download optifine. Im sure it has a feature to disable you seeing rain. Seriously owl. Where is your logic in this? HUH?

oh looky looky...

V

Vidcom

Owl, your point is a little futile here... Rain might lag your computer, but that's not really our issue. A lot of people find airbending lags them, but we're not going to remove the entire element to help those guys out a little, because it's more important to be canon than lag-effective, and because those guys are a small minority.

(If airbending does lag you, a good way to fix this is to change the particles in the config! :D )

Last edited by a moderator:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Owl I think you've lost this argument to 2 developers, one being a server owner (dunno if omni is) and the almighty Vidcom.

owlcool

Verified Member
Owl, your point is a little futile here... Rain might lag your computer, but that's not really our issue. A lot of people find airbending lags them, but we're not going to remove the entire element to help those guys out a little, because it's more important to be canon than lag-effective, and because those guys are a small minority.

(If airbending does lag you, a good way to fix this is to change the particles in the config! :D )
If you turned off the rain, then you never know when it is raining and never use condensation. Point, Matched. xD
And if lag really wasn't a factor then why haven't there been multishot fireblasts/fireballs created? I mean, that sure is a heck of a lot more common and cannon then multishot watermanipulation, and I am pretty sure the problem isn't that it would be too hard to code, you could just throw in some fire charges and we would be happy, derp.

jedk1

If you turned off the rain, then you never know when it is raining and never use condensation. Point, Matched. xD
And if lag really wasn't a factor then why haven't there been multishot fireblasts/fireballs created? I mean, that sure is a heck of a lot more common and cannon then multishot watermanipulation, and I am pretty sure the problem isn't that it would be too hard to code, you could just throw in some fire charges and we would be happy, derp.
When you disable rain in optifine, it states that you will still hear the sound and see the splash particles on the ground. And also if you are saying that the "lag" you get caused by rain would be the same as a multishot fireball, i would be lead to believe you are mistaken. Check your privilage

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Now @OmniCypher mentioned it, it just came to my mind that MC indeed does have mechanics related to standing in rain :p (endearment, cauldrons, fire, etc.)

promancer

Verified Member
And if lag really wasn't a factor then why haven't there been multishot fireblasts/fireballs created? I mean, that sure is a heck of a lot more common and CANNON then multishot watermanipulation, and I am pretty sure the problem isn't that it would be too hard to code, you could just throw in some fire charges and we would be happy, derp.
You're correct, it's not a Barrel shaped object used for firing metal/stone projectiles.
Your argument is invalid.
Grammar saves lives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.