• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Question about EULA

DeJakob

Verified Member
I have a question about the EULA and Project Korra.
I'm pretty sure it's not allowed to sell things that give other players an advantage over others but since a lot of Avatar servers sell moves and elements for money I guess I can just ask here to make sure.

The EULA page of PK says: "You cannot sell copies of our plugin to people, but you can, however, have people pay to unlock abilities on your server, switch elements, buy additional elements, etc, all dependent on how you can fit it into Mojang's EULA."

So if you sell switch elements, additional elements, etc. does this fit into EULA?

HydroMan

Verified Member
That confuses me two. In a thread, they discuss that minecraft eula doesn't allow to sell abilities, and that pk is not supporting it, but in pk eula it says otherwise ^o^.

Loony

Verified Member
It's basically saying PK will allow you to sell elements and element changes but it's up to you to do it in a way that respects minecraft's EULA

Loony

Verified Member
Selling extra elements doesn't fit into Minecraft's EULA but, there are ways around it.

You can use enjin points. People buy a certain amount of points, and with those points they can get an extra element. Make an extra element around 750 points, and give people 1 point each time they vote for the server. That way, normal players can still get enough points to donate, it just takes a really long time. So it's pay to save time, which I think gets around the EULA

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Selling extra elements doesn't fit into Minecraft's EULA but, there are ways around it.

You can use enjin points. People buy a certain amount of points, and with those points they can get an extra element. Make an extra element around 750 points, and give people 1 point each time they vote for the server. That way, normal players can still get enough points to donate, it just takes a really long time. So it's pay to save time, which I think gets around the EULA
That's most likely allowed.
Or you just litterally go around the EULA :rolleyes:

jedk1

#FuckTheEULA

There will be some kids who complain and threaten to report you to Mojang because they are poor and can't afford what you offer... Usually just ban them :p

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
The End User License Agreement states that you cannot sell things for SURVIVAL. You can sell elements to use in Arenas and minigames but not the basic Minecraft game.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Mojang doesn't give a crap. Explain how those big money maker servers (500k+/month) are still around if the EULA is actually getting enforced.
Big servers usually stick to the EULA since it's risky to go against it when you're so big. I know big servers like Hypixel, Mineplex, the HiveMC (I believe), all of them stick to EULA.

Smaller servers it doesn't matter so much because the profit they make isn't through the roof like on those servers. If it were and they still went against the EULA, then Mojang has a reason to stop it ;) (Plus there's much more players so in their opinion it's that much more unfair)

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Our EULA just asks that you don't sell or redistribute our work. While I will not condone violating Mojang's EULA, who am I to stop you?