• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra and You!

Loony

Just a simple question. We are not allowed to modify the code of PK itself, so all servers run PK on spigot 1.9+ have modified their PK code are they going to be removed? (Which is basically almost all, right?)

And again, for all peeps who think this is a hate post, it is not!
I think that to be on the server list you're not allowed to edit the code at all, so that would be included yeah.

Sketz

Lol, this plugin took around two years to create, which I believe of course, however when I read that a server is starting to make their own ProjectKorra plugin named "FlameKorra".

- Take a guess, and seem to have one developer, and saying they're already almost done with it, without using any PK code, coding it from scratch. Even if that is legit, that's a bit cray cray imo for it already to be almost done coded from scratch.

runefist

Lol, this plugin took around two years to create, which I believe of course, however when I read that a server is starting to make their own ProjectKorra plugin named "FlameKorra".

- Take a guess, and seem to have one developer, and saying they're already almost done with it, without using any PK code, coding it from scratch. Even if that is legit, that's a bit cray cray imo for it already to be almost done coded from scratch.
They probably only changed the name XD

Sketz

They probably only changed the name XD
Possibility, if the commands/works of the plugin are the same and similar, then they probably removed the staff from PK and put their own.

They did this with my AirJump ability before, made it compatible with later versions cause I stopped development, and in the /bending help, the author was changed and credit was taken, but when I said something, it was changed back. I wouldn't know anymore because I don't visit bending, and I'm banned from that server because of a false rumor, that wasn't even proven to me.

Would it be possible to black-list the person who's running it? Like disable it from the whole server if it using your API? We then would all know if they stoled it and at the same they will get punish from using our (or should I say "yours"?) service anymore

Right now, I'm reading the announcement about their flamekorra, and it mentions it is closed source. I believe Loony said they couldn't check the code because it was closed source. So what ever they did to hide the code/api (if its called "close the source"_, the same you, devs, could do to prevent future plagiarism such as this one that happen.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Would it be possible to black-list the person who's running it? Like disable it from the whole server if it using your API? We then would all know if they stoled it and at the same they will get punish from using our (or should I say "yours"?) service anymore

Right now, I'm reading the announcement about their flamekorra, and it mentions it is closed source. I believe Loony said they couldn't check the code because it was closed source. So what ever they did to hide the code/api (if its called "close the source"_, the same you, devs, could do to prevent future plagiarism such as this one that happen.
Its fine, before this post was created I already messaged Kiam and the staff team about the potential plagiarism. They banned me and Pickle for investigating about 4 weeks ago. They already black listed them.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Lol what? Why?
Here is the whole story.
The day before being banned, I had banned a racist/anti-black person from our server, who supported the KKK, He decided he would go and make the server look bad, by advertising our ip on other bending servers. So he went to Flamehub and a few others, and spammed the ip. I went to go apologize for what he did, asking if we could team up to stop him(give me his ip so I can find his isp and take his internet down).

I was talking about PK Development when somebody said they are making a new plugin from the ground. Which is when I got suspicious and asked if they are copying PK. ofc they said no, and so I was like ok, I used /pk and told them, Why do you guys still have /pk if your not copying PK, they said does it matter?, So i did Pk version, and saw that they are doing FlameKorra,

I left afterwards. I tried to come on 5 hours later, they had banned me for the spammer that came. I tried to appeal saying it was a misunderstanding, but they instantly deleted my thread, and banned me from the forums, which led me to beleive that something fishy is going on if they don't want me snooping around. I notified Kiam and Mist after

Misread it with a different context - you were ban from Kiam in this forum, lol. I was banned from their server too, cause I was referring to the plugin and not the official pk server which they thought they were.

Yeah, I got that after reading your previous reply.

Its fine, before this post was created I already messaged Kiam and the staff team about the potential plagiarism. They banned me and Pickle for investigating about 4 weeks ago. They already black listed them.
So wait, Flame can't use flamekorra now? Great news then!

Hero

What's wrong about changing base code and claiming it as your own? It's a mean thing to do but if you're changing the base code, it's not project korra either...?

runefist

What's wrong about changing base code and claiming it as your own? It's a mean thing to do but if you're changing the base code, it's not project korra either...?
Ye I think you don't understand how that idea works... If you MODIFY someone their code, it is still THEIR code, you only modified it...
If you keep it private it doesn't really matter that much, but giving no credit how so ever to any coder of the plugin that give their hearth and soul for it, is kinda sad to see.