• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra and You!

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hey everyone! It's so nice to speak to all of you again. I hope you have all had wonderful Summers and stayed cool. Here in Virginia there was a heat index of 110 yesterday -- I'm not built for that kind of weather.

With that in mind, I wanted to give you guys a quick update on me. I haven't been around for much of the Summer. My last post was me handing off most of ProjectKorra to @Kiam and our fantastic team that has proven itself to be capable. I did want to take a moment to clear some things up. I'll have some down time in the coming weeks (a little bit) -- expect to see me some.

For all intents and purposes @Kiam runs ProjectKorra. I have given him most administrative control. This means he is the one to message about changing your username, or any issues you may find that aren't appropriately handled by another staff department. I simply do not have the time to check my messages as often as I would like to.

The Staff and You
Please stop messaging me with complaints about various members of staff. @Kiam is the one to go to about this as well.

Our Terms of Service and You
This is something we will be revisiting and typing out in full, but I wanted to remind everyone of a few things:
  • You are allowed to edit ProjectKorra's functionality to your liking. Please do not redistribute it. It is not your own, there is no need to claim it as such. We've spent more than 2 years on this plugin (and continue to do so), therefore, you should be decent people and give credit where credit is due. That said, we will only allow original versions of ProjectKorra (this does not include custom add-ons, only changes to the base code itself) on the server list. No questions asked. We've had incidents of people removing the staff list, claiming the plugin as their own, etc. This is not a cool thing to do. I just ask that you be decent people is all. We made this community to be just that, a community. We are not out to tear each other down. That is not, never was, nor never will be what ProjectKorra stands for.
  • Additionally, any addons with malicious code or built in blacklists will not be allowed to be distributed on this forum and the developer may be banned after first infraction. We will officially codify this all later. ProjectKorra is meant to be an open community and this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

Thank you. It has been an amazing two year journey full of ups and downs. As you go on about your day and the next couple of weeks, please remember what ProjectKorra is actually about. We are, before anything else, a community. We care for, and about each other. We don't tear each other down. We work together to produce content for each other.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That said, we will only allow original versions of ProjectKorra (this does not include custom add-ons, only changes to the base code itself) on the server list
If I understood it correcly (which I doubt), only servers that use 100% no ustom bending-hook stuff will be on the list? You do all know that 4 out of 5 servers use custom abilities, so there might be about 2 or 3 servers per month/year listed. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I misinterpeted that sentence, so you might need to rephrase it to me.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If I understood it correcly (which I doubt), only servers that use 100% no ustom bending-hook stuff will be on the list? You do all know that 4 out of 5 servers use custom abilities, so there might be about 2 or 3 servers per month/year listed. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I misinterpeted that sentence, so you might need to rephrase it to me.
Original pk code, barring addons.

Addons = fine
Editing code of pk = fuck you
In laymans terms

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Original pk code, barring addons.

Addons = fine
Editing code of pk = fuck you
In laymans terms
What it actually means is you can edit the code of PK -- just don't throw yourself up on a list of servers using ProjectKorra, because, by removing the Development team from it and changing our base code, it is no longer ProjectKorra.

This, as of now, is an open source project. We put our code out there for people to use, work with, you name it. Just don't claim something that you didn't create as your own. Most people with variations of the plugin are still keeping 95% of the plugin, they're just changing small things here and there. This does not give you right to claim it as your own. This is the equivalent of working on a group project in school, someone doing all the work and everyone else taking credit. We all know people like that. Don't be people like that.

Inflammatory posts like this will not be tolerated any longer. It's written out clear as day. If you do not like it, you (a) do not have to sign on to this forum each day and (b) don't have to use our product.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What it actually means is you can edit the code of PK -- just don't throw yourself up on a list of servers using ProjectKorra, because, by removing the Development team from it and changing our base code, it is no longer ProjectKorra.

Inflammatory posts like this will not be tolerated any longer. It's written out clear as day. If you do not like it, you (a) do not have to sign on to this forum each day and (b) don't have to use our product.
It wasn't inflammatory, I was simplifying it for him because he didn't understand.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Funny how when i read about the "no blacklisting people" part, Kiam came to my mind.
From what i've heared he blacklisted people (no idea if it's only one person or more) from jedcore. :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Umm, Simplicitee wasn't even attacking me. The Curse wasn't directly as an attack towards me, he simply gave an example.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
although this doesn't apply to me, is this saying you are not allowed to post your server if it has source code changes? Or only if you dont give credit (which is a terrible thing to do ofc).

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
although this doesn't apply to me, is this saying you are not allowed to post your server if it has source code changes? Or only if you dont give credit (which is a terrible thing to do ofc).
If it has source code changes, it won't be allowed on the server list (from what he said)

runefist

Verified Member
Hey everyone! It's so nice to speak to all of you again. I hope you have all had wonderful Summers and stayed cool. Here in Virginia there was a heat index of 110 yesterday -- I'm not built for that kind of weather.

With that in mind, I wanted to give you guys a quick update on me. I haven't been around for much of the Summer. My last post was me handing off most of ProjectKorra to @Kiam and our fantastic team that has proven itself to be capable. I did want to take a moment to clear some things up. I'll have some down time in the coming weeks (a little bit) -- expect to see me some.

For all intents and purposes @Kiam runs ProjectKorra. I have given him most administrative control. This means he is the one to message about changing your username, or any issues you may find that aren't appropriately handled by another staff department. I simply do not have the time to check my messages as often as I would like to.

The Staff and You
Please stop messaging me with complaints about various members of staff. @Kiam is the one to go to about this as well.

Our Terms of Service and You
This is something we will be revisiting and typing out in full, but I wanted to remind everyone of a few things:
  • You are allowed to edit ProjectKorra's functionality to your liking. Please do not redistribute it. It is not your own, there is no need to claim it as such. We've spent more than 2 years on this plugin (and continue to do so), therefore, you should be decent people and give credit where credit is due. That said, we will only allow original versions of ProjectKorra (this does not include custom add-ons, only changes to the base code itself) on the server list. No questions asked. We've had incidents of people removing the staff list, claiming the plugin as their own, etc. This is not a cool thing to do. I just ask that you be decent people is all. We made this community to be just that, a community. We are not out to tear each other down. That is not, never was, nor never will be what ProjectKorra stands for.
  • Additionally, any addons with malicious code or built in blacklists will not be allowed to be distributed on this forum and the developer may be banned after first infraction. We will officially codify this all later. ProjectKorra is meant to be an open community and this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

Thank you. It has been an amazing two year journey full of ups and downs. As you go on about your day and the next couple of weeks, please remember what ProjectKorra is actually about. We are, before anything else, a community. We care for, and about each other. We don't tear each other down. We work together to produce content for each other.
Just a simple question. We are not allowed to modify the code of PK itself, so all servers run PK on spigot 1.9+ have modified their PK code are they going to be removed? (Which is basically almost all, right?)

And again, for all peeps who think this is a hate post, it is not!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Just a simple question. We are not allowed to modify the code of PK itself, so all servers run PK on spigot 1.9+ have modified their PK code are they going to be removed? (Which is basically almost all, right?)

And again, for all peeps who think this is a hate post, it is not!
You mean those that have it or will have it updated to 1.9 without its official changes?