• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Probending Moves

NinjaK

Verified Member
So something I want to mention ahead of time, I don't expect this to be something that happens fast in the core, considering they haven't gotten much into the Probending plugin stuff yet. This suggestion is more of a custom ability thing. Anyways, lets get into things.

I just need 3 abilities, one for each element used in Probending. These are extremely simple and deal only knockback. All the information is shown below;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

ProFire
Element: Fire

Description: Punch in any direction to fire a small amount of fire in that direction. This move deals no damage, does not ignite any entity hit, and can be redirected. It is used purely for knockback in Probending.
Hold shift with this ability to block with it. When another Probending move hits you while you're blocking with ProFire, it negates some knockback and the shield is removed.

Cooldown: 100 milliseconds.
Damage: 0
Range: 100

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

ProWater
Element: Water

Description: Punch in any direction to fire a small amount of water in that direction. This move deals no damage, and can be redirected. It is used purely for knockback in Probending. If possible, I would like this move to be able to be used without selecting a water source. Preferably, I'd like if it would pull nearby water up through iron bars. It should not remove the source water block.
Hold shift with this ability to block with it. When another Probending move hits you while you're blocking with ProWater, it negates some knockback and the shield is removed.

ProEarth
Element: Earth

Description: Punch in any direction to fire a small amount of earth in that direction. This move deals no damage, and can be redirected. It is used purely for knockback in Probending. If possible, I would like this move to be able to be used without selecting an earth source, where it instead uses a nearby earth source. Also, the source block used must respawn immediately.
Hold shift with this ability to block with it. When another Probending move hits you while you're blocking with ProEarth, it negates some knockback and the shield is removed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

ProAir
Element: Air

Description: Punch in any direction to fire a small amount of air in that direction. This move deals no damage and can be redirected. It is used purely for knockback in Probending.
Hold shift with this ability to block with it. When another Probending move hits you while you're blocking with ProAir, it negates some knockback and the shield is removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knockback
ProFire:
(Attacking) High knockback
(Blocking) Negates low knockback.

ProWater:
(Attacking) Average knockback
(Blocking) Negates average knockback.

ProEarth:
(Attacking) Low knockback
(Blocking) Negates the most knockback.

ProAir:
(Attacking) Most knockback
(Blocking) Negates the least knockback.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extras
Example of blocking mechanic:

(Watch the Earthbender)​

Another note, when any of these abilities hit eachother both abilities should cancel.
Anyways, that's about it. Anyone who can make this for me, thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Profire should deal minimuim knockback negation, to leave to concept having a lack of defense power.

HydroMan

Verified Member
What about air? I know it's not canon, but still...
  1. Airbending by default will be disabled in probending arena, so less likely to have any. (FAQ)
  2. Air IS the most knockbacking dealing move.
  3. I believe addon developers will create and upload airbending moves for probending (plugin/arenas).

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Profire should deal minimuim knockback negation, to leave to concept having a lack of defense power.
Forget what I said. Profire should deal more knockback then prowater&proearth, but block minium knockback then prowaterearth. Proair should deal less knockback, but block larger knockback

NinjaK

Verified Member
Forget what I said. Profire should deal more knockback then prowater&proearth, but block minium knockback then prowaterearth. Proair should deal less knockback, but block larger knockback
Air is thin, so the shield should not block much. While its thin, it can be pressurized into a blast to deal a lot of knockback. Thats why I have it set the way I do.

HydroMan

Verified Member
ProWater&ProEarth
  • Offense - 7 (blocks)
  • Defense - 7 (blocks)
ProFire
  • Offense - 11 (blocks)
  • Defense - 5 (blocks)
ProAir
  • Offense - 5 (blocks)
  • Defense - 11 (blocks)