• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Potential Change to Lightning (Fire)

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ok guys this is a change we are considering if Bukkit allows us to do so once we get 1.8. We are considering changing lightning bending to the Guardian mob beam instead of the lightning from the sky. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this!Beam.png

Kiam

Verified Member
Ive been thinking of this for a while! It would be a much better solution to lightning

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Yes, finally something nicer than the lightning from pre-1.8
And for those who don't know, sky lightning is the only way to make any type of lightning. It can't be made any more dynamic.

ashe36

Verified Member
I've been saying this to my friends, but I think it would be better off as a redirectable torrent.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I like it, but it would be cool if you could keep the lightning sound effect to accompany the attack. I feel like it would be really underwhelming without it (since lightning is supposed to feel powerful). Another thing to convey it's power could be an explosion on contact with any blocks (lightning usually did this in the show).

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think when the lightning hits, it could have some little yellow particles like this around the character, sort of showing they got electrocuted.

Cucckoo

Verified Member
It looks really nice, but it's a bit... cheesy. I would love to have a blue bolt rather than yellow. I also think it would be a lot more accurate to be able to aim the lightning by clicking in a direction rather that just shifting. AKA like a fireblast^^^^^

Dmoney90221

Verified Member
It looks really nice, but it's a bit... cheesy. I would love to have a blue bolt rather than yellow. I also think it would be a lot more accurate to be able to aim the lightning by clicking in a direction rather that just shifting. AKA like a fireblast^^^^^
I agree, but it shouldn't be like fireblast, but more like fireburst when you shift then click inthe direction you want the bast to go.

Elzoz

Verified Member
but guys, dont forget that all the ppl who uses the lightning in the serie needs sometime to charge up the lightning before the blast it away, i think its crucial for the opponent that the know you are charging it since its does alot damage so the could shield them self/hide :s

Chen

Verified Member
I think the using this particle would be great, however it isn't the original light blue/white color as seen in TLA, but I still think a sideways projectile for lightning would be far superior to it just coming from the sky. Also to add to Elzoz's point, in the show lightning is seen in the users hands right before the release it so the guardian mob particle could be seen briefly in the users hand before they release it.

ashe36

Verified Member
I think the using this particle would be great, however it isn't the original light blue/white color as seen in TLA, but I still think a sideways projectile for lightning would be far superior to it just coming from the sky. Also to add to Elzoz's point, in the show lightning is seen in the users hands right before the release it so the guardian mob particle could be seen briefly in the users hand before they release it.
We definitely need to make it more obvious that it's happening, so as to make redirection better.

Migsel

Verified Member
Maybe when someone shoots it at you, a firebender could hold shift before it hits them and shoot it back with a click while still holding shift? Just a thought that I think would be pretty cool

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
But yeah, if you really wanna nail lightning, change the color to blue, as that's how it was in the show. A redirection animation would also be nice.