• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Potential Change to Lightning (Fire)

TheSacredWarrior

Verified Member
There's no need to change textures. When the guardians first shoot their beam it changes colors until it gets to yellow. The first color that it starts off at is blue, and it fades its way to yellow.

Esteban

Verified Member
just my opinion but i think the beam would work better for combustion...but thats none of my business

Gahshunk

Verified Member
In the show, combustion is more like a small beam of super heated air/steam, so that's why we have a line of particles.
Wouldn't ender crystal healing beams look better for it then? It does like an awful lot like distorted air.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Wouldn't ender crystal healing beams look better for it then? It does like an awful lot like distorted air.
Regardless of whether it would look better, there are many things in the game we simply cannot use. Ender Dragon beams and beacon beams are some of them.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
But yeah, if you really wanna nail lightning, change the color to blue, as that's how it was in the show. A redirection animation would also be nice.
There are certain limitations to plugins. mods u can do whatever you want. plugins can ONLY use vanilla items/effects. It's impossible to make it blue unless u flooded it with blue firework particles which would lag u. and if the animation isn't in vanilla we can't put it in the plugin.

Hero

Verified Member
I dont at all. I like the current lightning
Ok guys this is a change we are considering if Bukkit allows us to do so once we get 1.8. We are considering changing lightning bending to the Guardian mob beam instead of the lightning from the sky. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this!View attachment 6