• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I think it would be awesome if plantbending was added back into the game! That was it adds a bit more to waterbenders! I think we should re-add plant moves like vine whip and plant armour and moves like that!

xNuminousx

Vine Whip was an addon ability and Plant Armor is ded.

And to be fair, plant bending is already a thing. It just doesn't have it's own abilities. The plantbending that currently exists in the plugin is already a majority of what we saw in the show.

NickC1211

And to be fair, plant bending is already a thing. It just doesn't have it's own abilities. The plantbending that currently exists in the plugin is already a majority of what we saw in the show.
But it was also shown possible to manipulate the plant directly on the show like the swamp waterbenders bending the vines. I think we need exclusively plant manipulation moves.

there are no plant moves added into the game except cactus blast

xNuminousx

But it was also shown possible to manipulate the plant directly on the show like the swamp waterbenders bending the vines. I think we need exclusively plant manipulation moves.
I know, I didn't say that they couldn't manipulate the plant.

there are no plant moves added into the game except cactus blast
Cactus Blast is an addon and although there are no plant "abilities" (ability being something you can bind) plant Bending is still in the plugin. Anytime you use a flower to create torrent or anytime you use some blades of grass to surge, you are plant Bending.

Generally in the show, plantbending was extracting water from the plants. Although it was shown that one could manipulate the actual plant.

You'll have to be more specific other than just say "add plantbending back". What moves do you want them to add? What moves do you want them to create?

NickC1211

I know, I didn't say that they couldn't manipulate the plant.

Cactus Blast is an addon and although there are no plant "abilities" (ability being something you can bind) plant Bending is still in the plugin. Anytime you use a flower to create torrent or anytime you use some blades of grass to surge, you are plant Bending.

Generally in the show, plantbending was extracting water from the plants. Although it was shown that one could manipulate the actual plant.
I just think we at least need some sort of vinewhip. Also I disagree thats like saying metalbenders don't need other moves because they can use iron blocks for earth blast.

xNuminousx

I just think we at least need some sort of vinewhip.
I agree but likely that'll include creating sources where there are none (like the current methods of plantbending) so I also disagree. I would only support this "vine whip" if it were logical. Thus, meaning it would take a lot of time to make.

Also I disagree thats like saying metalbenders don't need other moves because they can use iron blocks for earth blast.
That's not even the same.... The current plantbending concept shows plantbending almost exactly as it was in the show. Metalbending in the show was soo much more than just another version of EarthBlast.

Plantbending benefit with the typical vines-grass-slows-you-down. Unlike freezing your opponent, they only get slow but open/un-surrounded for another attack. Of course, iceblast&icespike will have to be improved with slowness inducer removed, because it doesn't add sense and makes plantbending pointless.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I assume you are saying add plantarmor back and add the past plantbending addons to core, to which my response would be...

Plantbending is a very narrow subject, most of what happens with it is draining water from plants because its easier to bend the water than the plant. And Adding back moves just for the sake of reviving a sub element is not the way to go, especially when other things could be focused on (like the element itself). The time spent adding moves could be used to make the actual plant sourcing more realistic/fluid, which would overall be a better change to plantbending than re-adding plantarmor or vinewhip in my opinion.

Plantbending isn't used or seen as much in the show for us to constantly revise and give it new features, we see really 2 things. People bending vines, or people bending the water from vines and that leaves us with very very limited options.

Sorry

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.