• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Plant Manipulation - Plant Bending

Do you like the idea?

• Yes.

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorite

Verified Member
Hello! Today, I pose an idea of Vine Whip. Vine Whip would fit in the Waterbending sub-type, Plantbending. I will go in detail on how it will work and give examples of it in the series.

Vine Whip:
This ability is based off Foggy Swamp Tribe's ability to control plant life forms. The plant life form I am going to use in this is leaves. Although in the show they used vines, in minecraft, vines would have a grey, glitchy texture if used in the way this move does.
-How it works...
A player would select one leaf block by tapping shift. Inside the leaf, you will see smoke, much like the smoke you see when you charge up something in this plugin. Then, you click in the direction of a mob/player. The player would see leaves coming from the source leaf going towards the targeted mob/player. The leaves ('vine') would go on the ground to travel. The vine would follow the player/mob that you clicked on. Example ->

The vine will do 1 1/2 damage plus slowness. What makes this move not OP is that it can be destroyed easily by other moves. For example, it could be hit with an air swipe, and loose 2 leaves. So, every time it gets hit with a move it looses 2 leaves. The vine keeps following the mob/player until either the player/mob is out of range (range can be about 16 blocks) or 7 seconds have passed. When 7 seconds have passed with the vine being active, the vine goes back into the source leaf the way it came out.
- From the series...
In Avatar: The Last Airbender, the Foggy Swamp Tribe showed the ability to bend vines and plant life forms. Here is an example of Katara fighting vines being bended at her from another waterbender. Example ->

Last edited:

X_Eco

Verified Member
Nice idea it could be a very powerful move if you activate more than one vine whip.

Faetriax

Verified Member
This is a great idea! I really hope it's added! The only flaw I see is duplication. Off the "vine" you could create more vines, extending it longer, so even if they run away they could still be attacked from longer than default range. With something to prevent that, I believe this really should be implemented.

Majorite

Verified Member
Nice idea! I think that deserves its own post so that more people can see it. Also, maybe we could lower the stun time? I think three seconds is too much. Clever.

Majorite

Verified Member
Okay. I am going to add more to my VineWhip idea. So, you can only shoot out 3 vines at a time. The cooldown for the next VineWhip is 2 seconds. Last but not least, when the source leaf is broke, the vine disappears.

Any thoughts?

Majorite

Verified Member
X_Eco, in the beginning post, I said that the vine can be destroyed by other bending moves. Like it looses 2 leaves/hit.

Majorite

Verified Member
It's alright!

This is a great idea! I really hope it's added! The only flaw I see is duplication. Off the "vine" you could create more vines, extending it longer, so even if they run away they could still be attacked from longer than default range. With something to prevent that, I believe this really should be implemented.
Well, that's why I said when the source leaf of it is broken, the vine disappears. This will make it so you could not do that for a long time.

owlcool

Verified Member
We need somthing to keep this from conflicting with anti-hack plugins. I mean, auto aim? Really?

Majorite

Verified Member
We need somthing to keep this from conflicting with anti-hack plugins. I mean, auto aim? Really?
I said AutoAim because I do not not know what it is called. What I meant was, the vine searches for the nearest player other than the player who sent it in reach. It would be list EarthBlast how it searches for the player you clicked at. This is open for suggestions so if you want it can be similar to how you can redirect WaterManipulation.
Next time, please don't be as rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.