• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

PK Items update request

Mowser

Since PKItems is open sourced, I've downloaded it and updated to work with latest version of PK and 1.12.2 (only tested in spigot). I don't know which license applies to PKItems project so I've not uploaded it anywhere, I'm currently using it for personal use. Some characteristics don't work (like cooking speed) yet.
If any dev want my update I'll be glad to send it (source, of course). PK is a great plugin with great add-ons like Items and RPG that I don't want to get lost. I'll be glad to help and I don't need any credits for this, it's for the community.
Also, if someone tells me how to make a pull request, I'll make pull requests to the PKItems source so I can help in a more active way.

xNuminousx

There should be an option to create a pull request on your fork above the README.md area. While creating it, he sure to create the pull request for their WIP branch if they have one.

xNuminousx

I don't see a problem with it. It's getting code from one repo to another which is the whole point. But then again, what do I know? I'm not that educated on the workings of pull requests.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I don't see a problem with it. It's getting code from one repo to another which is the whole point. But then again, what do I know? I'm not that educated on the workings of pull requests.
It's not that which is the problem. In the changes, all that was done was removal of a lot of code, which in turn removes functionality in the plugin. The PRs are unlikely to be accepted because they don't actually fix anything.

xNuminousx

It's not that which is the problem. In the changes, all that was done was removal of a lot of code, which in turn removes functionality in the plugin. The PRs are unlikely to be accepted because they don't actually fix anything.
According to what they said, it went from not working -> working for them.

Mowser

Actually, the code I removed was code that wasn't going to work anymore. Some abilities had their parameters changed, I only removed the code when I didn't managed to discover how to do the same thing that the plugin was doing (like cook time for the fire ability, which was removed from the core plugin). I updated the imports too. The only thing I wanted is to made it work. If I have more time, I'll do some research in order to replace the functionality I removed.
The code I removed was the one for HeatControlCookTime (setCookTime method doesn't exists now), catapult and eartharmor code (methods also doesn't exist in the core), RapidPunchDistance (another method that dissappeared) and AirBubble (the whole class dissappeared).
When methods dissapear and I don't have time to search for a workaround, the best thing I can do is fixing what I can easily fix (imports, ElementalAbility.getTransparentMaterialSet(), and I don't remember if I fixed anything else) and commenting what makes the plugin unable to compile/work, not removing code. If someone has time to fix the things I commented, then please do it, but I need this plugin and I want it to work, and I'm sure that there are more people who has the same problem.
I also made a pull request to RPG plugin, fixing a nullpointerexception with isSozinComet() method in core plugin.
Sorry if I made any mistake, I'm not a native English speaker.
If I sounded angry, I'm not. Sorry about that too. It's too late where I live and I'm sleepy. Good night to everyone!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
According to what they said, it went from not working -> working for them.
The plugin did. But it lost functionality and no longer works as intended. There are plans in progress that will help the plugins be updated easier without any loss of functionality. I'm glad there's an interest to help the plugins but removing code still isn't a fix.

Mowser

Sorry about reopening this topic, I just wanted to let you know that I had some time recently and I added new skills rather than only removing not working ones. I still have to add some earth abilities and chi abilities, but all that I could done for water, fire and air is done. I hope this request gets accepted.

grego

Would you mind if I could have a copy of this until they update the plugin? I have been needing this plugin and waiting for an update, but there hasn't been one. If it works for now that is a plus for me. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mowser

It's still there and I'm still updating it. I've tested a new version in 1.13 and works, but since the core plugin is still in 1.12 I'm not going to upload it yet.