• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Part of JedCore] SonicBlast 2 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

Okay, so that makes it possible for airbending to be used to damage the ears in a way similar to diving to a great depth or flying in a airplane. However, I still highly doubt that an airbender could create a sonic boom as he described. In order to break the sound barrier an object needs to move at 340 meters/second. In other words, it would need to travel through 21 chunks within a second. Being hit with an attack that powerful would have a so much knock back, and cause so much damage it's unrealistic. Not to mention that would be a feat that would only be possible in the Avatar State. Perhaps an ability called "Pressurize" that causes damage and nausea to all players, or mobs in the area.
look, if ur gonna keep fucking complaining about the move description, feel free to write one for me. like seriously. go ahead and write one. if u dont write one. stop f*king whining.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
look, if ur gonna keep fucking complaining about the move description, feel free to write one for me. like seriously. go ahead and write one. if u dont write one. stop f*king whining.
I'm not complaining about the description, I'm complaining about the move. The move isn't canonically possible, nor physically possible for the average bender. It would take an avatar, in the avatar state using up a large portion of their energy to do such a thing. This ability can't exist in the Avatar Universe. Granted "Extraction" was never seen in either series it can easily be visualized by what we have seen done with metal/earthbending. As for sound, the only foundation for it is that air is a medium that sound tends to travel through.

jedk1

I'm not complaining about the description, I'm complaining about the move. The move isn't canonically possible, nor physically possible for the average bender. It would take an avatar, in the avatar state using up a large portion of their energy to do such a thing. This ability can't exist in the Avatar Universe. Granted "Extraction" was never seen in either series it can easily be visualized by what we have seen done with metal/earthbending. As for sound, the only foundation for it is that air is a medium that sound tends to travel through.
NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO USE IT. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. DON'T FUCKING USE IT. SIMPLE.
I'm so fucking done with people.

Migsel

Verified Member
Sonic-booms actually happen because of the vacuum created behind the speeding object.The air that is near the space created in the trail of the object is quickly filled with air, creating the loud noise. This move isn't canon or has any logic to it at all, but if it makes Minecraft more fun, why not.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
It hasn't been proving wrong if you read my last post for this resource. (1st page last comment)
My ninja, ninjakid1324, found and pointed out the holes in your statement so it's been proven wrong. Soundbending isn't possible and if it was, I'm sure the creators of avatar would've already added it in. I'm sure the thought crossed their mind but they realized that Air bending can't control sound.

vidant829

Verified Member
My ninja, ninjakid1324, found and pointed out the holes in your statement so it's been proven wrong. Soundbending isn't possible and if it was, I'm sure the creators of avatar would've already added it in. I'm sure the thought crossed their mind but they realized that Air bending can't control sound.
If you found errors in my statement then call me out on it otherwise your rebuttal has no legs to stand on.

jedk1

Assuming sound bending is applying to laws of physics, and is based on atoms and molecules, then:
Thunder is the sound caused by lightning. Depending on the distance and nature of the lightning, thunder can range from a sharp, loud crack to a long, low rumble (brontide). The sudden increase in pressure and temperature from lightning produces rapid expansion of the air surrounding and within a bolt of lightning.
sudden increase of pressure. easily done by an AirBender. then as for temperature, the air bender could easily heat the particles by making air particles collide within the compressed air that was created earlier. so yea... airbending is entirely possible IF you are basing it on physics....

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Assuming sound bending is applying to laws of physics, and is based on atoms and molecules, then:

sudden increase of pressure. easily done by an AirBender. then as for temperature, the air bender could easily heat the particles by making air particles collide within the compressed air that was created earlier. so yea... airbending is entirely possible IF you are basing it on physics....
Airbenders could not change the temperature of the air. They can control the density, and movement of the air. If they could control the heat, then with enough practice and focus, they could begin igniting things which would essentially give them firebending. They would also be able to prevent firebenders from producing any flames by lowering the temperature of the air around the bender.

I assume you man soundbending, also, airbenders cannot control the temperature of the air. Second, once again, you people never seem to understand. Benders do not control the molecules or particles. They control it as a whole. My proof is that Earthbenders can bend the earth. But the earth is composed of a lot of different things. They can bend things from normal stone, which is usually granite, mica, feldspar, to things such as diamonds (carbon), to clay and dirt, which are made from plant and animal matter that has decayed to the pure nutrients. Sometimes these things are in combined, yet they still bend it.

Again, making hot air (which they can't do), or making a high pressure area would not create sound. Even if they could produce heat in addition to making a high pressure area, they would need a large sum of heat and power, and they would then need to do it faster than a lightning strike. And if by some miracle they manage to pull it off, they would also be damaged because in order to escape from the blast they would need to run faster than the speed of sound. If they were capable of speeds that high, then they would be able to create a sonic boom and wouldn't need to bother with creating heat and pressure to simulate a lightning strike.

Like I said earlier, I am willing to compromise and say the the effects of sound bending are possible by controlling the pressure of the air by somebodies head and causing a pressure ache similar to the kinds that people get while flying on an airplane, or diving to a high depth.

Honestly pressure bending is a much more deadly application than sound bending. Scuba divers (and bridge builders of the early 1900's) often die from pressure. It's called Caisson Disease (coincidentally its also called "The Bends" Lol). When the body leaves a high pressure area too quickly the nitrogen in the body can't dissolve quick enough and then you have bubble of nitrogen gas in your bloodstream and it causes pain, inflammation, and can even lead to death.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Also not to mention, that further proof individual elements and molecules aren't bent. Airbenders could then bend water by controlling the hydrogen and oxygen.

jedk1

Airbenders could not change the temperature of the air. They can control the density, and movement of the air. If they could control the heat, then with enough practice and focus, they could begin igniting things which would essentially give them firebending. They would also be able to prevent firebenders from producing any flames by lowering the temperature of the air around the bender.

I assume you man soundbending, also, airbenders cannot control the temperature of the air. Second, once again, you people never seem to understand. Benders do not control the molecules or particles. They control it as a whole. My proof is that Earthbenders can bend the earth. But the earth is composed of a lot of different things. They can bend things from normal stone, which is usually granite, mica, feldspar, to things such as diamonds (carbon), to clay and dirt, which are made from plant and animal matter that has decayed to the pure nutrients. Sometimes these things are in combined, yet they still bend it.

Again, making hot air (which they can't do), or making a high pressure area would not create sound. Even if they could produce heat in addition to making a high pressure area, they would need a large sum of heat and power, and they would then need to do it faster than a lightning strike. And if by some miracle they manage to pull it off, they would also be damaged because in order to escape from the blast they would need to run faster than the speed of sound. If they were capable of speeds that high, then they would be able to create a sonic boom and wouldn't need to bother with creating heat and pressure to simulate a lightning strike.

Like I said earlier, I am willing to compromise and say the the effects of sound bending are possible by controlling the pressure of the air by somebodies head and causing a pressure ache similar to the kinds that people get while flying on an airplane, or diving to a high depth.

Honestly pressure bending is a much more deadly application than sound bending. Scuba divers (and bridge builders of the early 1900's) often die from pressure. It's called Caisson Disease (coincidentally its also called "The Bends" Lol). When the body leaves a high pressure area too quickly the nitrogen in the body can't dissolve quick enough and then you have bubble of nitrogen gas in your bloodstream and it causes pain, inflammation, and can even lead to death.
If an airbender made 2 packets of air, and moved them past eachother fast enough, there would eventually be heat generated :/

Status
Not open for further replies.