• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Part of JedCore] SonicBlast 2 [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

jedk1 submitted a new resource:

SonicBlast 2 - SonicBlast Reworked!

SonicBlast:
SonicBlast is a soundbending ability, known by very few airbenders. It allows the airbender to stun and deafen an opponent by creating a sonic blast, this is achieved by creating two regions of high and low pressure and bringing them together.

Config:
All config options for this move can be located at the end of the default ProjectKorra config under 'ExtraAbiltiies -> jedk1 -> SonicBlast'

Defaults:
Damage: 4.0
Effects:
--BlindnessDuration: 5000...
Read more about this resource...

Joeri

Verified Member
Very nice move, as expected from you! :D

i already played with it before it got released lol

Elzoz

Verified Member
edit the damage to your liking in the config :3
Holy dump! This move is sooo awesome! XD mayby just an inch to loud but the animation man! Great job once again man :D def going to be on my server :3

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I have an issue with the logic of this move. You said "this is achieved by creating two regions of high and low pressure and bringing them together." First of all, high and low pressure are caused by the temperature of the air, which airbenders cannot control. It would be a feat of great skill to control the pressure by manually condensing, or decompressing the air, which would take a good deal of time. Second, you can't "bring together" low and high pressure. They naturally repel. Even if you did, nothing would happen. When you push the same side of two magnets together, nothing happens, there's no "super magnetic burst" and there would not be a sound produced.

jedk1

I have an issue with the logic of this move. You said "this is achieved by creating two regions of high and low pressure and bringing them together." First of all, high and low pressure are caused by the temperature of the air, which airbenders cannot control. It would be a feat of great skill to control the pressure by manually condensing, or decompressing the air, which would take a good deal of time. Second, you can't "bring together" low and high pressure. They naturally repel. Even if you did, nothing would happen. When you push the same side of two magnets together, nothing happens, there's no "super magnetic burst" and there would not be a sound produced.
You write it a description then.

Zafkiel

Verified Member
huh man ... who care about that we are in Minecraft XD

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
huh man ... who care about that we are in Minecraft XD
Then by that logic there can't be lavabending or even buckets of lava in vanilla. There has to be a line. We can assume that there are physics to a degree, but we can't deny physics.

jedk1

I meant to ask a question. What bending logic allows airbenders to produce sound?
Think of a fighter jet. once that flies past the sound barrier it creates a very loud bang. Now, if an air bender made air move fast enough, they could in turn make a sonic boom.

Then by that logic there can't be lavabending or even buckets of lava in vanilla. There has to be a line. We can assume that there are physics to a degree, but we can't deny physics.
creating a sonic boom isnt denying physics.

vidant829

Verified Member
Jed was actually pretty spot on with the physics surrounding the description as being introduced to a drastic change from a lower pressure area to that of a high one in an extremely short period of time would cause mild to severe damage in the ears leading to a loss of balance and temporary or permanent deafness. This could easily be achieved by an Airbender if the act of bending an element is done by controlling that element's vectors in which case the act of compressing air to create a high pressure air would be as simple and natural as clenching a fist.

jedk1

Jed was actually pretty spot on with the physics surrounding the description as being introduced to a drastic change from a lower pressure area to that of a high one in an extremely short period of time would cause mild to severe damage in the ears leading to a loss of balance and temporary or permanent deafness. This could easily be achieved by an Airbender if the act of bending an element is done by controlling that element's vectors in which case the act of compressing air to create a high pressure air would be as simple and natural as clenching a fist.
i didnt write the description. if you see a good description on my moves, i can guarantee i wont have written it. xD

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Okay, so that makes it possible for airbending to be used to damage the ears in a way similar to diving to a great depth or flying in a airplane. However, I still highly doubt that an airbender could create a sonic boom as he described. In order to break the sound barrier an object needs to move at 340 meters/second. In other words, it would need to travel through 21 chunks within a second. Being hit with an attack that powerful would have a so much knock back, and cause so much damage it's unrealistic. Not to mention that would be a feat that would only be possible in the Avatar State. Perhaps an ability called "Pressurize" that causes damage and nausea to all players, or mobs in the area.

vidant829

Verified Member
Okay, so that makes it possible for airbending to be used to damage the ears in a way similar to diving to a great depth or flying in a airplane. However, I still highly doubt that an airbender could create a sonic boom as he described. In order to break the sound barrier an object needs to move at 340 meters/second. In other words, it would need to travel through 21 chunks within a second. Being hit with an attack that powerful would have a so much knock back, and cause so much damage it's unrealistic. Not to mention that would be a feat that would only be possible in the Avatar State. Perhaps an ability called "Pressurize" that causes damage and nausea to all players, or mobs in the area.
What I believe that he is referring to here is the sudden release of the air that the Airbender had compressed which would as a result, launch air particles in every direction away from the origin point as they attempt to dissipate back into the lower pressure area around it at speeds that could cause a small scale "sonic boom" as they break the sound barrier in a chain reaction formation. Four hearts of damage which the move does in its initial form is for the most part accurate and balanced as despite this having the potential to be extremely lethal, deals as much damage as Earthsmash; a move that has an Earthbender throw a massive boulder at their foe.

Status
Not open for further replies.