• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Only benders can see their own energy of their elemental source

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So I saw a thread about the flaw of particles being black in water and not see through ice, which brought me to a speculation that the particles from the source might in fact be visible to everyone. For me to make sure of this fact being present, I tested it in game by asking a few players if they see the particles coming from my selected source. In conclusion, after getting the test results, it seems that the particles are indeed visible to everyone, which brings me to a suggestion:

From my viewpoint, I think the smoke thingy is meant to indicate if the person has selected his +own+ source, and not to specify to others that he had selected the source, as they shouldn't be able to know, predict if that person is gonna launch a strike from that water pool, plant or ice.

This is one small thing that I want in the plugin to be adjust, if it is even possible to make particles invisible to certain players, so I'm not asking anything much really. I love this plugin and the community which brough me to share my own ideas to this plugin, and all I wanna say thank you for just being here and that's all :)

Sketz

Verified Member
I don't think It's possible to make particles visible to only a specific player.
I'm not entirely sure, though.

I also don't think it's a big deal either if they can see it or not, for benders have been bending this way for a long time now.

boybuscuss

Verified Member
I don't think It's possible to make particles visible to only a specific player.
I'm not entirely sure, though.

I also don't think it's a big deal either if they can see it or not, for benders have been bending this way for a long time now.
I think they can do that because you cant see earthbender's glowstone.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yes, but blocks vs particles aren't the same thing.

I have a questions, not related to my tweak of the particles: what happens if an idea thread is already posted before another one, which both of them share the same content, do they get compiled into one?

Last edited:

jedk1

The API we currently use does actually support this. HOWEVER, with the addition of a particle api in 1.9, I have no idea how its gonna play out, and if they support it too or not.

Varni1

Verified Member
Particles are rendered globally, thus any player may view them. As @kingbirdy has already mentioned, PK avoids NMS (net.minecraft.server) as it has a high chance of breaking and or malfunctioning every major/minor release. Also, Spigot 1.9 is upcoming, and a public Particle API has been announced, it is a matter of time if it will offer compatibility with client-side particle rendering.

jedk1

Particles are rendered globally, thus any player may view them. As @kingbirdy has already mentioned, PK avoids NMS (net.minecraft.server) as it has a high chance of breaking and or malfunctioning every major/minor release. Also, Spigot 1.9 is upcoming, and a public Particle API has been announced, it is a matter of time if it will offer compatibility with client-side particle rendering.
Read what I just said, Per-Player particles are already a thing. In the ParticleEffect library that PK uses, there are methods to send particles to only the players you tell it to be sent to.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm pretty sure player.playEffect() plays for the player only. As for the blocks, just use player.sendBlockChange()

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
This is, and has been possible for some time now. The biggest issue is that our current Particle API doesn't support this feature. However, as some of you may remember, I have a completely revamped API at the ready which allows for this feature. I'm not sure when it will be implemented (because its not exactly a huge priority) but I completely agree, the only particles, in my own opinion, that should be "publicly displayed" are the ones displayed when an ability such as FireBurst or AirBurst is completely charged alongside the other obvious public ones from moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.