• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Water Move: WaterLock (WARNING SPOILER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
If you have not seen episode 9 then I suggest you do not read any further unless you like spoilers.

New Waterbending Move: WaterLock
In episode 9, Ming-Hua trapped Bolin in a water sphere, that personally reminded
me of a move Juvia Lockser used (she's from fairytail for those who don't know xD)
so I am basing the move name off of the move she used, WaterLock.
Just like suffocation, hold shift at a enemy and they will be trapped in water sphere.
The move could do inital damage, or drown damage.
So, I'm thinking if you type /b h WaterLock this is what it'd say:
This ability is used by only skilled waterbenders. To use, punch a source of water then hold shift at a target until they drown/do inital damage.
You can be
disrupted if you are hit, and the enemy will be no longer caught in your WaterLock. They
can also escape if they are hit.

Here's a picture of Ming-Hua using WaterLock

Last edited:

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
If someone can tell me how to create "Spoilers" that'd be pretty cool. I don't like telling people not to read ahead cause they might see the picture of something. So if someone knows, tell me! xD

Shadowx329

Verified Member
I can never help but laugh when ever I see "Be the leaf" Also good idea, but it makes it hard on the person who gets trapped in the water. Any way to make it more of a fair chance for the person inside the bubble to somehow bend their way out?

Esteban

Verified Member
I can never help but laugh when ever I see "Be the leaf" Also good idea, but it makes it hard on the person who gets trapped in the water. Any way to make it more of a fair chance for the person inside the bubble to somehow bend their way out?
well suffocation generally isn't fair cause you only have to seconds to attack the airbender wihch is impossible if they are behind you

Shadowx329

Verified Member
Yeah Im not a great fan of that move, But if the person within the bubble could turn their mouse then use a attack to free themselves then I would be coolbeans with it. Same for the suffocation ability.

X_Eco

Verified Member
I believe this move is called water ball according to the wiki thing.Also there is a move call ice dome which is pretty much water ball frozen maybe after you decided you had enough of drowning them maybe you could left click to freeze them.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It isn't OP, nor really was it ever. It took some thinking to beat it but it was possible. I know its possible since I've done it myself. The new version is as far from OP as you can get, and I've seen people (even non-airbenders) say it is too nerfed. There is a few seconds of a warmup for people to run away, you can look around, and the person using it can be punched and the move will stop.

Chen

Verified Member
If this was to be implemented would it be done with actual water? As in the block or particles? Because that would be the difference between a cube and a sphere to trap your opponent in. Unless with blocks it's increased in size to allow for a sphere shape.

NinjaK

Verified Member
To be honest this move sounds almost as strong as bloodbending. You're restraining the victim, where they're stuck(except you can't move them), and to make up for not being able to move them your damaging them by drowning them. Seems a bit over powered, though it's a good idea.

Chen

Verified Member
To be honest this move sounds almost as strong as bloodbending. You're restraining the victim, where they're stuck(except you can't move them), and to make up for not being able to move them your damaging them by drowning them. Seems a bit over powered, though it's a good idea.
Well if the only damage they take is by drowning that gives them at least 10 seconds to bend their way out of it. (May be less I'm not entirely sure) and once Ming Hua had used it Bolin was seen pocking his head out the top to get air, so I suppose that could be implemented.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yeah but there would be no way for them to bend. They are stuck in water. You can't bend in water.

Chen

Verified Member
Yeah but there would be no way for them to bend. They are stuck in water. You can't bend in water.
If you're fully submerged yes, but if like Bolin does you poke your head out and be partially submerged, an Airbender for example could perform Airsuction to get himself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.