• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New water add on

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't need proof. it's a logical fact.
Waterbenders are shown to be able to build up pressure in water, so they should be able to do the same with ice. and building up enough pressure would shatter it

But you want proof? Katara shatterd the ice mountain aang was in without using a blast or some kind of thing,She wasn't even a trained waterbender back then lmao
Aang wasn't in the mountain, you silly. Aang was actually underwaters frozen and a few miles away from the mountain.

Phasechange is actually for altering the state of water, why should it allow you to shatter it?

Last edited:

Joeri

Verified Member
Aang wasn't in the mountain, you silly. Aang was actually underwaters frozen and a few miles away from the mountain.

Phasechange is actually for altering the state of water, why should it allow you to shatter it?
Then maybe on another move, but the point is that waterbenders can actually shatter ice without directly needing a blast, i assume unanoob just did it for the mlg looks

6tijn

Verified Member
Well, the point also is.

Yes they could without any attacks. But you can easily do the same with phasechange. One click and the ice is gone, same as shattering.

This move, the suggestion, also deals demage + knock back I suppose.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Didn't she hit the ice mountain with a boomerang ? ._.
Well she did it in order to awaken aang, but thats was before. She did crack the mountain with waterbending that cause her and her brother to be wash away and after moments later encounter the ball in ice that was pulled out from below water in which she smashed it with boomerang realising that aang was frozen in it.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Then maybe on another move, but the point is that waterbenders can actually shatter ice without directly needing a blast, i assume unanoob just did it for the mlg looks
or he didn't becuz it only works when you do it unintentionally, like how katara did it twice (the other time when she was pissed by Pakku and by that she exploded the ball with water in it)

owlcool

Verified Member
she didn't evaporated it. She made the ice turn into water and it flood over the place
And we wouldn't want that water to be flooding all over the place during pvp, would we? It would give waterbenders an unfair advantage, and ruins pvp for anyone else.

owlcool

Verified Member
I wouldnt mind water slabs about 1/8 of a normal block flooding the place.
I would. It would slow down all benders other then waterbenders, the water slabs would be made full water blocks by waterbenders swimming through them, and they would disable firejet for some distance. It would also take away an earthbenders ability to use earthblast from that earth, unless they use raiseearth.

Kinda a pretty unfair advantage if you think about it.

It would make it impossible for an airbender or chi blocker to run through the water. Pretty major debuff.

Even more unfair. It isn't only buff to waterbending, it is a major debuff to the other elements.

It is bringing a waterbender's element with them wherever they go.

And we never saw that done as easily as it would be if your suggestion was added in this plugin.

1 Bottle full of water worth's can do all the debuffs that I have listed in a specific area.

Your suggestion would ruin PVP for the other benders. And thus ruin a waterbender's PVP, as they would never have a challenge unless they restricted themselves from using good moves or fought only waterbenders, which should get old quick.

Those are the reasons why I am against your suggestion being added. Hey, a little realism sacrificed for enjoyment hasn't hurt anyone yet.
After all, we haven't seen waterbenders needing more plants for waterbending, and thus sacrificing realism for enjoyment. And if this got suggested, I would be against it.

Hero

Verified Member
I would. It would slow down all benders other then waterbenders, the water slabs would be made full water blocks by waterbenders swimming through them, and they would disable firejet for some distance. It would also take away an earthbenders ability to use earthblast from that earth, unless they use raiseearth.

Kinda a pretty unfair advantage if you think about it.

It would make it impossible for an airbender or chi blocker to run through the water. Pretty major debuff.

Even more unfair. It isn't only buff to waterbending, it is a major debuff to the other elements.

It is bringing a waterbender's element with them wherever they go.

And we never saw that done as easily as it would be if your suggestion was added in this plugin.

1 Bottle full of water worth's can do all the debuffs that I have listed in a specific area.

Your suggestion would ruin PVP for the other benders. And thus ruin a waterbender's PVP, as they would never have a challenge unless they restricted themselves from using good moves or fought only waterbenders, which should get old quick.

Those are the reasons why I am against your suggestion being added. Hey, a little realism sacrificed for enjoyment hasn't hurt anyone yet.
After all, we haven't seen waterbenders needing more plants for waterbending, and thus sacrificing realism for enjoyment. And if this got suggested, I would be against it.
You couldve just said it will ruin pvp...

owlcool

Verified Member
You couldve just said it will ruin pvp...
Or: By just melting the ice.
Reason why it doesn't melt into water if it was bent into ice other then by phasechange: You don't want to give waterbenders that power of grief, with the ability to flood anything with torrent and phasechange.
And we wouldn't want that water to be flooding all over the place during pvp, would we? It would give waterbenders an unfair advantage, and ruins pvp for anyone else.
Both before I had to explain it to you.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I wouldn't. I understand the pain walking on water and become slown down by it.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Uhm, pretty sure one got looking into

Status
Not open for further replies.