• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New water add on

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
When you freeze someone with any sort of move, you can blast them out of the ice using torrent. I got this idea from the fight between Unalaq and tonraq. I think that when it hits the ice the ice should shatter (like it does with ice wall) and blast the player out of the ice. This can work on other benders ice with or without someone inside.

Unalaq does this at 1:57

Tell me if you think this would be too op, maybe the damage could be less since it went through the ice.

Last edited:

orfeas

Verified Member
I am pretty sure that this is not op,but can it be used in ice from a move,that has no one inside?This could be nice for preventing someone trapping him self into ice and bending at you,while he is safe in the unbendable ice!Also this would make trapping someone in ice more useful than just stalling them for 2 seconds.

Joeri

Verified Member
I think we just need a phasechange addon which when you shift on ice, instead of melting it, it just shatters dealing damage to everyone in the area. would need a cooldown though

NickC1211

Verified Member
I am pretty sure that this is not op,but can it be used in ice from a move,that has no one inside?This could be nice for preventing someone trapping him self into ice and bending at you,while he is safe in the unbendable ice!Also this would make trapping someone in ice more useful than just stalling them for 2 seconds.
Ya that's a good point maybe torrent could shatter other benders ice with or without someone inside

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think we just need a phasechange addon which when you shift on ice, instead of melting it, it just shatters dealing damage to everyone in the area. would need a cooldown though
It should still melt. It's abit stupid for phasechange to shatter it remotely without doing any blast to shatter. Sorry but it's not canoon.

Joeri

Verified Member
It should still melt. It's abit stupid for phasechange to shatter it remotely without doing any blast to shatter. Sorry but it's not canoon.
Waterbenders could still shatter ice without using torrent if they want by simply building enough pressure in the ice.

owlcool

Verified Member
Or: By just melting the ice.
Reason why it doesn't melt into water if it was bent into ice other then by phasechange: You don't want to give waterbenders that power of grief, with the ability to flood anything with torrent and phasechange.

6tijn

Verified Member
Also, I think it should wor as well with watermanip. In the vid it looks like it's more of a watermanip. Small and quick.

owlcool

Verified Member
I swear I suggested a combo consisting of this, but yours isn't a combo and thus I support it.

Joeri

Verified Member
I don't need proof. it's a logical fact.
Waterbenders are shown to be able to build up pressure in water, so they should be able to do the same with ice. and building up enough pressure would shatter it

But you want proof? Katara shatterd the ice mountain aang was in without using a blast or some kind of thing,She wasn't even a trained waterbender back then lmao

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't need proof. it's a logical fact.
Waterbenders are shown to be able to build up pressure in water, so they should be able to do the same with ice. and building up enough pressure would shatter it

But you want proof? Katara shatterd the ice mountain aang was in without using a blast or some kind of thing,She wasn't even a trained waterbender back then lmao
Didn't she hit the ice mountain with a boomerang ? ._.

Joeri

Verified Member
Didn't she hit the ice mountain with a boomerang ? ._.
totally, no silly. sokka has a boomerang not katara xD, katara shatterd ice multiple times when she got mad, at the first episode at sokka, and later on she also got mad at pakku and she shatterd some ice stuff aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.