• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied new lightning bending move

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Monsters

In reality, electricity isn't just something to kill people like with electric chairs. On lower voltages, it's designed to stimulate nerves. Because of that thinking, lightning bending should not just get offensive purposes, but also other purposes as well. This brings me on a new idea to suggest, for lightning bending. Lets call it electrostimulation, or just stimulation. It's a simple thing, but you can make it work, like you stimulate muscles. Devs need to brainstorm about this, there are many sorts of electrostimulation. So, speaking about the properties, my suggested properties that it won't give any damage to the target, but it stimulates the target. Furthermore, it's up to the devs to decide the effects of the stimulation.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Wait, what? So you're just suggesting a move, without suggesting a use, other than it's not offensive? That's not how it works.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But that's what lightningbending is used. What would the point of it be If not for dealing damage? Also, it would be helpful If you provided an example on how this "electrostimulation" concept could work in minecraft.

This isn't a suggestion (no details, no minecraft translation), so this should be moved to General Discussions (you also posted this under Forum Suggestions, not in the PK's features section).

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

NickC1211

Verified Member
But that's what lightningbending is used. What would the point of it be If not for dealing damage? Also, it would be helpful If you provided an example on how this "electrostimulation" concept could work in minecraft.

This isn't a suggestion (no details, no minecraft translation), so this should be moved to General Discussions (you also posted this under Forum Suggestions, not in the PK's features section).

Maybe he means like giving speed buffs or something but I don't like that lightning can do that.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Googled what Electro stimulation is. Still don't know what it actually is, but If has something to do with healing, it would just rip-off waterbending's sub-skill and make lighting as a whole flawed. Lighting, like combustion, is an ability that launches an attack straight, but unlike the other sub-skill - there were some cases that it can used to stream it non-stop.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Dope, but benders can't do that sadly :( Dang it!

I also believe there's a different between regular electricity and lightning. I can assume electrosimulation-whatever could be classified under regular electricity, however benders can manipulate/generate the latter factor.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah it would, but we don't know exactly what ability this thread is proposing/offering. You want electrosimulation, but we aren't sure how to interpet in minecraft. You didn't give us much details about that, nor gave what applications it can have or examples to be based of.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As vague as it sounds, that's what (to me personally) makes the value equivalant to just describing it "we need any kind of random new lightning ability".

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Dope, but benders can't do that sadly :( Dang it!

I also believe there's a different between regular electricity and lightning. I can assume electrosimulation-whatever could be classified under regular electricity, however benders can manipulate/generate the latter factor.
I don't think you got the point of the gif. It was meant as a reference, not as a suggestion...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I interpeted as "yeah, do you mean like this?". Still, my responses is more towards the original poster than anyone else involved.

Madocean

Verified Member
I interpeted as "yeah, do you mean like this?". Still, my responses is more towards the original poster than anyone else involved.
Lightning is mostly plasma, plasma is hot, hot things explode. I think that's where you should start with making a new ability xD hmu with what you think

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Lightning is mostly plasma, plasma is hot, hot things explode. I think that's where you should start with making a new ability xD hmu with what you think
Or, we could just extend expand that on the stock ability? Lightning needs to be fluxing (sneaking + left click = short strike, while: sneak + left click = continues lightning beam), with the short one (or fluxing?) setting a block on fire (like how the Vanilla lighting does) that it hits.

Pride

Verified Member
In reality, electricity isn't just something to kill people like with electric chairs. On lower voltages, it's designed to stimulate nerves. Because of that thinking, lightning bending should not just get offensive purposes, but also other purposes as well. This brings me on a new idea to suggest, for lightning bending. Lets call it electrostimulation, or just stimulation. It's a simple thing, but you can make it work, like you stimulate muscles. Devs need to brainstorm about this, there are many sorts of electrostimulation. So, speaking about the properties, my suggested properties that it won't give any damage to the target, but it stimulates the target. Furthermore, it's up to the devs to decide the effects of the stimulation.
So you want Lightning Bending to stimulate a player's 'nerves'...
Lucky for you, there's an option where you can paralyze people with Lightning, and do 0 damage to the target. Have you ever tried looking into the config?

And by the way, Lightning Bending was never shown to not blow up in the cartoon.

Pride

Verified Member
Or, we could just extend expand that on the stock ability? Lightning needs to be fluxing (sneaking + left click = short strike, while: sneak + left click = continues lightning beam), with the short one (or fluxing?) setting a block on fire (like how the Vanilla lighting does) that it hits.
Why not be more simpler, and just be like (Sneaking -> Left Click -> Shoots longer Lightning)?

Status
Not open for further replies.