• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Lava move: LavaPlume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This move is gonna get a lot of hate. I can just see it now.
Name: LavaPlume
Element: Earth/Lava
How used: [Hold shift] > [L-Click]
Description: So this move when charging uses the black smoke particles to show when it is charged. When the user clicks when the move is charged they have to be looking at a player or the move will not work. When the user clicks at another player, at a certain configurable radius (default 2 - 2.5 blocks) around the targeted player, lava will shoot up and surround the player, and then slowly fall over them. The charge time could be 3 - 5 seconds as a default.

Thanks for reading! Post suggestions!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ugh I think I need to make it and screenshot and show you. Mk I'll have it in a little bit.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
and lavaslap. But this isn't falling liquid, it is raising lava, and then making flowing lava to engulf the player.
Is there a way to escape?
Go through the lava, or jump/fly over it before it is formed.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
and lavaslap. But this isn't falling liquid, it is raising lava, and then making flowing lava to engulf the player.

Go through the lava, or jump/fly over it before it is formed.
that would be another earth grab against water benders... I suggest you make a way to escape, perhaps right before the lava falls on you?

Zafkiel

Verified Member
we don't need this, earthbending already have too many abilities i don't see why we should add something useless

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
that would be another earth grab against water benders... I suggest you make a way to escape, perhaps right before the lava falls on you?
How about the lava goes up trapping you while it does so, then to fall on you the outer walls go away to be like it is keeping one size.
we don't need this, earthbending already have too many abilities i don't see why we should add something useless
I'm trying to give lava more moves. And over half of the earth moves are defensive, 3 utility, and some offense in there somewhere. Lava is the offensive part of earthbending and it is lacking in strength right now.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I'm trying to give lava more moves. And over half of the earth moves are defensive, 3 utility, and some offense in there somewhere. Lava is the offensive part of earthbending and it is lacking in strength right now.
I somewhat like the move, but Lava has a few moves already, maybe we could focus on some metal bending moves. Another way to add move offensive abilities, without upsetting too many people (unlike what's happening with lava bending)

WeTitans3

Verified Member
People need to stop complaining about two earth has too many moves. If instead we focus on making each lava move good, and usable in combination with some of the existing and more fundamental moves (Raise Earth, Shockwave, and the like) then a Lava bender can really focus on lavabending as a whole. This is how it all should be looked at. And with the lack of moves for lava, how about we come up with lots of ideas, then trim the fat if needed later, cause all this negativity is really stunting the growth of the element overall.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
People need to stop complaining about two earth has too many moves. If instead we focus on making each lava move good, and usable in combination with some of the existing and more fundamental moves (Raise Earth, Shockwave, and the like) then a Lava bender can really focus on lavabending as a whole. This is how it all should be looked at. And with the lack of moves for lava, how about we come up with lots of ideas, then trim the fat if needed later, cause all this negativity is really stunting the growth of the element overall.
well, you can say the same about plant bending. what's the difference?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I'm with you here on earth, but what about some metal moves? Plus, other elements need more growth before we start on the details of earth IMO:p

Status
Not open for further replies.