• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion New items that I think you will probably will like it

HydroMan

Verified Member
I have a better idea/solution how my remote sourcing could work - made as an item block:

Here's how the details of it

• So let's say you are a builder of the bending arena or smth alike. You want waterbenders to have that a thing that would allow them to waterbender without wasting a half/quarter of second looking at the source and clicking at it. Well, this is the must item for you. By placing this in arena, the radius of [adjusted in config the number] blocks from it a waterbenders stands in, this block will become as a source for the waterbender by itself, without waterbender clicking on it. If there are multiple of this blocks, in a reachable radius to excute this function, one of them all will be chosen by random, and after using it up, another will be chosen.
  • Note: It will still require to do the shift-leftclick and visa versa thing to properly do the move. Except you no need to look at the water (i.e. watermanipulation - shift on air to select this block, and left click to launch the attack).
  • In the picture you see this blocks crafting recipe, but you must know that the player won't be limited crafting by this recipe the other different variation of the items. "Different items? So there will be more items for this mechanic?!". Yes there are. The different recipes have pretty much the same layout with the enderpearl being in the center, while around it one type of source blocks are surrounded. The copies of a block that surround the enderpearl in the crafting grid will make this item the data of that corresponding block (i.e. making this item of a snow id, you must add in the same manner shown in the picture, with the exception of replacing ice blocks into snow ones).
    • It will be possible to craft the stationary water with this, by adding watersbuckets in the ring pattern.
  • This item can only be crafted by ops.
  • The Title of this item will be the same of the id it is using, with the extention added " (special)" (i.e. "cactus (special)").
  • If you want to specifie which of this block you wanna intent to use, or whatever reason you wanna leftclick/shift. This will allow you to excute an ability with that desired block.
  • This item will changed the surge behaviour when using the block, so that the "shooting yourself and shooting someone else" problem won't be much of a deal or can get around it. Here what I suggest for the coders to decide on which of one those two choices is suitable:
    1. Either make Finn's suggestion for Surge accomplished, or atleast to this item
    2. ...Or, simply. make it disabled unless the user identifies the source.
Here is the configuration for this:
Code:
Item:
RangeSelection: 15
Craftable: OPS
VariationOfTheBlock: ice, water, snow, [and all the plants listed here]
RangeSelection - how close the user must be for this mechanic to take place.
Craftable - wo can craft (this option would probably be change into "default: false").
VariationOfTheBlock - self explanatory.
If you have any questions or feedback (including critisim), please say it out loud. :)

Last edited:

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Don't know why you'd have an item for it, to be honest. That kinda takes the skill outta bending.

I know autosourcing will completely change that as well but that's just my opinion.

Edit: If only ops can use it, why bother having an item and not just a command?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Don't know why you'd have an item for it, to be honest. That kinda takes the skill outta bending.

I know autosourcing will completely change that as well but that's just my opinion.

Edit: If only ops can use it, why bother having an item and not just a command?
Ops can craft them only, while everyone can use it.

How would that take outta bending? Like you mention we already have autosourcing thing, so this is applied with the exception without needing to click even once that this function works on this type item sources.

Hero

Verified Member
I have a better idea/solution how my remote sourcing could work - made as an item block:

Here's how the details of it

• So let's say you are a builder of the bending arena or smth alike. You want waterbenders to have that a thing that would allow them to waterbender without wasting a half/quarter of second looking at the source and clicking at it. Well, this is the must item for you. By placing this in arena, the radius of [adjusted in config the number] blocks from it a waterbenders stands in, this block will become as a source for the waterbender by itself, without waterbender clicking on it. If there are multiple of this blocks, in a reachable radius to excute this function, one of them all will be chosen by random, and after using it up, another will be chosen.
  • Note: It will still require to do the shift-leftclick and visa versa thing to properly do the move. Except you no need to look at the water (i.e. watermanipulation - shift on air to select this block, and left click to launch the attack).
  • In the picture you see this blocks crafting recipe, but you must know that the player won't be limited crafting by this recipe the other different variation of the items. "Different items? So there will be more items for this mechanic?!". Yes there are. The different recipes have pretty much the same layout with the enderpearl being in the center, while around it one type of source blocks are surrounded. The copies of a block that surround the enderpearl in the crafting grid will make this item the data of that corresponding block (i.e. making this item of a snow id, you must add in the same manner shown in the picture, with the exception of replacing ice blocks into snow ones).
    • It will be possible to craft the stationary water with this, by adding watersbuckets in the ring pattern.
  • This item can only be crafted by ops.
  • The Title of this item will be the same of the id it is using, with the extention added " (special)" (i.e. "cactus (special)").
  • If you want to specifie which of this block you wanna intent to use, or whatever reason you wanna leftclick/shift. This will allow you to excute an ability with that desired block.
  • This item will changed the surge behaviour when using the block, so that the "shooting yourself and shooting someone else" problem won't be much of a deal or can get around it. Here what I suggest for the coders to decide on which of one those two choices is suitable:
    1. Either make Finn's suggestion for Surge accomplished, or atleast to this item
    2. ...Or, simply. make it disabled unless the user identifies the source.
Here is the configuration for this:
Code:
Item:
RangeSelection: 15
Craftable: OPS
VariationOfTheBlock: ice, water, snow, [and all the plants listed here]
RangeSelection - how close the user must be for this mechanic to take place.
Craftable - wo can craft (this option would probably be change into "default: false").
VariationOfTheBlock - self explanatory.
If you have any questions or feedback (including critisim), please say it out loud. :)
I dont like most things by finn. They are usually broken/buggy in some ways. AKA WaterWhip not disappearing after you have shift with torrent.

HydroMan

Verified Member
If someone asks why this is necessary, here are the reasons in advanced:
  1. With this it would be alot easier to manage this system in one specific, without needing to check the points by clicking on angles and ect.
  2. Some servers would want this, so making this system work only on a block doesn't make limited applying to every other server, as they can simply not craft it or they can even remove in, via configurations.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I dont like most things by finn. They are usually broken/buggy in some ways. AKA WaterWhip not disappearing after you have shift with torrent.
And some people dont wants Finns ver. of Surge. I feel like im in one of those ads where they force you to go with one company or the other.
If you can't appreciate Finn's work. Then don't, but you have absolutely no right to negatively comment on his work. Keep it to yourself.

I'd love to see you try to replicate his work.

Hero

Verified Member
If you can't appreciate Finn's work. Then don't, but you have absolutely no right to negatively comment on his work. Keep it to yourself.

I didnt say I didnt like his work, but I dont like being forced to use his work. If you dont like my opinion, than you can practice what you preach.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Just ignore it. If not for yourself do it for me. Those comments are worth nothing, as they don't provide ANY useful information.