• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion New Items for airbenders

aang lee

Verified Member
i know the other elements have items we could add which we can do but i was thinking if you've ever seen Avatar the last block bender mod you'd know that there are air gliders there are really cool looking espectially when u go into third person while using the glider.

so i was thinking is it possible to do it with a plugin and if not why could we possibly work on a mod so we can have mobs and items and the awesome bending that the plugin provides?

Item Ideas:

1: AirBender Staff/Glider

desc: able to fly but use while flying is limited to nothing so there would be no bending while flying because that would be too OP and if we do add this maybe we could make new air bending abilities using the staff like in the show

2: Squirrel suit

desc: i know I've seen this before once the administrater denied it because we only saw it in the trailer but now that we are on episode 7 of book 4 in LOK i think now we know enough to implement it.

dNiym

Verified Member
With the current craftbukkit/spigot implementation (and a vanilla minecraft client) flying on a glider like you're thinking about ( like lying down superman style ) isn't really possible. The only way to make you lie down is being in a bed. The only way to make you lie down and fly on an invisible bed is if you're a corpse. A couple people have pulled this off but you fly looking up instead of down at the ground and it's very glitchy.

We have an implementation on our server for gliders where you just hold the glider like any other block / item and it allows you to glide. You can look down to dive and increase speed while looking at or above the horizion makes you glide. The gliders have a boost feature that lets you get a burst of speed for climbing, which counts towards the gliders total uses. Once the uses are consumed the glider breaks and a new one must be crafted.

Note: This is not superman style lying down flight in any way to look at it from afar you're just a player holding an item jogging through the air with some particles.

aang lee

Verified Member
well then we should work on a project korma mod because the avatar the last blockbender mod is cool for the items because it has gliders but the bending in the mod is awful thats why i use the plugin the bending is awesome.

we should talk to the admin of the plugin about getting a team to make a mod?

Reactions: ico

dNiym

Verified Member
well then we should work on a project korma mod because the avatar the last blockbender mod is cool for the items because it has gliders but the bending in the mod is awful thats why i use the plugin the bending is awesome.

we should talk to the admin of the plugin about getting a team to make a mod?

I think the general consensus is they want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy ProjectKorra. The way it is now anyone running a vanilla minecraft client can connect to a ProjectKorra server and play. If you start forcing people to download custom clients then it tends to turn people away.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not everyone knows how to install a mod. Plugins are for servers so you can join with a vanilla minecraft client.

aang lee

Verified Member
thats why there is minecraft forge and with the DMCA takedown on bucket and spigot were is this even going we need to expand this awesome idea and putting a jar file into the mods folder isn't hard a 5 year old could do it people are just too lazy to do it. If not then were is this plugin going without bukkit what are we going to do?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There is more than bucket. I heard about something called "Sponge" which is bucket but legal. Also, my little brother for example doesn't know how to install a mod. I'm 14 and I almost forgot it. You may know it because you are constantly busy with it. Not everyone is... Making a mod for this wouldn't be a very good idea... I'm sure there other ways to make gliders

dNiym

Verified Member
If the mod were optional that would be fine. But handling modded and non modded clients on the same plugin/server would be interesting to say the least

Gahshunk

Verified Member
No mods, basically.
Project Korra started on a basis that it will remain server-side with no client-side additions with the exception of the soon coming resource pack which does not need to be downloaded to play on a bukkit server, anyway.

aang lee

Verified Member
you people are ignoring the good good sides of making a mod the bending is cool and all but to make it really fun we need mobs, items and biomes and bukkit can't do that making a mod would be a very good idea and making a server is harder than putting a jar file into a mods folder not everyone wants to play on huge servers you know its too boring no one stays on them long so people make there own servers but thats almost impossible now with the dmcc takedown on bukkit trust me making a mod would open a lot of doors to this amazing idea.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
you people are ignoring the good good sides of making a mod the bending is cool and all but to make it really fun we need mobs, items and biomes and bukkit can't do that making a mod would be a very good idea and making a server is harder than putting a jar file into a mods folder not everyone wants to play on huge servers you know its too boring no one stays on them long so people make there own servers but thats almost impossible now with the dmcc takedown on bukkit trust me making a mod would open a lot of doors to this amazing idea.
I prefer servers than single player. I forgot how to install mods and I can create a server in 2 minutes. I passed the mod stadium and I'm now in the community stadium. I don't think it would turn out good because al least 40% doesn't know how to install mods.

aang lee

Verified Member
dude are you that stupid to put a jar file into a mods folder? is it really that hard i mean seriously ur letting your stupidity cloud your judgement because your too lazy to install a mod i mean there is youtube plus how can u make a bukkit server now when you can't even download bukkit??

Joeri

Verified Member
dude are you that stupid to put a jar file into a mods folder? is it really that hard i mean seriously ur letting your stupidity cloud your judgement because your too lazy to install a mod i mean there is youtube plus how can u make a bukkit server now when you can't even download bukkit??
Just shut up already. Don't call others stupid when your not the clever guy either

how can u make a bukkit server now when you can't even download bukkit??
project korma
espectially

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I completely forgot how to install forge cause I haven't done it for like a year cause I don't like mods. If you like the avatar mod, then play around with it. Combine the plugin and the mod, and have fun! It's possible. You say are so clever then you can probably find out how to do that! Gl! >->

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I've talked to mist he says that were going to convert to a mod in the future.
No, I never said we were going to convert to a mod. You asked me whether or not there would be Forge compatibility in the future and I said there would be. At the very beginning of the project we expressed interest in creating a single player mod as well. I told you this was still quite a ways off.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
There already is an Orion-Based mod I believe. But no commands are not in it. Can't wait for the modded version ^.^

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
If any of you have seen the Last Block Bender mod, you all know it is junk. Bending from scrolls is the worst part, and our binding format is much better ;)