• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Air Subelement,new abilities for air

Status
Not open for further replies.

boybuscuss

Verified Member
Hey there,
I have some suggestions for air.They can add a "SoundBending" subelement, and abilities for voicebending would be "sonicblast" (as jedcore coded) and "Soundblast" (it makes a blast with voices in the air,no breaking blocks.) that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
I'm not even sure if voice bending is canon lol.
Either way, there's been a lot of discussion on what is and what isn't a sub-element in the past and I think the list is pretty much set in stone now.
But, I will mark as pending review to get other inputs.

boybuscuss

Verified Member
I'm not even sure if voice bending is canon lol.
Either way, there's been a lot of discussion on what is and what isn't a sub-element in the past and I think the list is pretty much set in stone now.
But, I will mark as pending review to get other inputs.
Well you know Actually voice bending makes sense,because if you can BEND air you should bend voice vibrations in the AIR.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Bending air and bending sound would be completely different things. Airbending is bending wind really, the air currents and such. Bending sound would be bending the soundwaves in the air, manipulating them in ways unimaginable. It would be impossible to bend sound with air.

Hero

Verified Member
Bending air and bending sound would be completely different things. Airbending is bending wind really, the air currents and such. Bending sound would be bending the soundwaves in the air, manipulating them in ways unimaginable. It would be impossible to bend sound with air.
Sound uses air as a medium. Without air, their is no sound. Sooooo fite me.

Elias

Verified Member
The real question being, how would this be exactly portrayed in the plugin? Do we just see waves of particles and get nausea because someone shouted something like "Deez Nuts". It's a good concept, just flawed execution variables and properties

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I seen a few debates about soundbending in a plugin, and all of them ended with a rejection. Soundbending isn't even canon subelement, and @Mist (the owner of the plugin) has confirmed that new subelements won't be added, so it's less likely for both of them: the subelement and ability, of soundbending to be added.

boybuscuss

Verified Member
Maybe note particle and some cloud particles together ? It could be very good,i will code a preability for this,but i am rookie and my math is way too bad,but i give it a try.

Nin01

Verified Member
Hey there,
I have some suggestions for air.They can add a "SoundBending" subelement, and abilities for voicebending would be "sonicblast" (as jedcore coded) and "Soundblast" (it makes a blast with voices in the air,no breaking blocks.) that would be awesome.
Finally! The air benders have their extreme type of bending!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sound uses air as a medium. Without air, their is no sound. Sooooo fite me.
Technically incorrect. There has to be matter for there to be sound. Space has no matter in the blackness so there won't be sound. But if you have a solid or a gas or even a liquid, there can be sound. Sound uses everything as a medium, so why only airbenders? Especially since sound travels best through solids which would correlate to earth. Sound isn't bendable. Stop trying to find a way for this fact to be untrue, it's not going to happen.

boybuscuss

Verified Member
Technically incorrect. There has to be matter for there to be sound. Space has no matter in the blackness so there won't be sound. But if you have a solid or a gas or even a liquid, there can be sound. Sound uses everything as a medium, so why only airbenders? Especially since sound travels best through solids which would correlate to earth. Sound isn't bendable. Stop trying to find a way for this fact to be untrue, it's not going to happen.
Youre right and thats kinda sad.

Hero

Verified Member
Sound is best in wood. Get ya facts straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.