• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Metalfragments/metalshred/metalbending+ Earthbending details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkPhosphorus

Verified Member
Metalfragments- I am suggesting that depending on what type of metal you use for metal fragments, there is a slight difference in how it affects the target. For example, if you use gold blocks, the fragments deal +0.5 more damage, and have a slightly lower velocity OR range, because gold is very heavy. For iron blocks, continue to hold shift and while clicking the fragments will follow where you are looking even when in air, since iron is magnetic/can be affected by magnets. Also, quarts is not really a metal, but it is lighter than metal. It would make sense to increase the velocity or range of projectiles when using quarts.

-Metal fragments should work on gold and iron ores, launching only 1 or 2 projectiles instead of 9.

-Combine metal clips and earth drag/remove earthdrag. Instead of earth drag, the player can throw a metal clip at an object, the metal will "grab on to the object, and simply shift to pull in the metal clip along with the object. It's better to simplify the abilites to take up the least amount of slots.

-Metal shred is basically useless since people usually don't build with metal, but this ability should be renamed earthshred, and work on all earthbendable materials, and only have the coiling ability with metal blocks.

-Add the same grey particles from metal hook to magnet shield to indicate that magnet shield is working.

-Hold shift on an iron block with magnet shield to magentise it, it now has its own magnet shield that repels iron from metal clips and metal fragments for you for 15 or 20 seconds, gives magnet shield a short recharge. This allows earth benders to use other abilities with protection from metal.

-EarthBlast should respawn the chunk of earth that is used to reduce griefing.

-Raise earth should undo after a certain amount of time to reduce greifing

-Shockwave should require recharge with avatar state to reduce grieving, spamming displaces blocks.

-Collapse should undo with right click, while activated with shift, player may have made mistake by forgetting to toggle bending.

-Remove earth pillar or combine with raiseearth. Basically the same thing but less useful.

-Make earthcombo - crevice slightly wider and deeper

-Automatically stop earthtunnel when hitting gold ore, diamond ore, iron ore, emerald ore.

-I know that metal fragments was changed so that it could not be used to duplicate, but people cannot waste valuable time spacing them out. Instead make the metal block fly straight up just like earth shard, and prevent activation if there is a block above it.

-Increase ground space in the center of lavaflow to reduce the chance of being knocked into the lava when using it.

-Make all ores earth bendable. add lapis ore, red stone ore, coal ore (and coal blocks) and emerald ore.

-Change magma blast required move from lava flow to lava throw, this way lava flow isn't accidentally activated, potentially killing the user. When using magmablast I usually summon lava flow instead and die.

-Make magmablast splash damage, igniting affected mobs for a short time. (I don't use this move because magma blast would usually go right through my target.

-Idea(not part of suggestion) catapult and shockwave combo- allows the user to shoot off the ground much higher creating a shockwave as you leave the ground, disables shockwave, for 8 seconds

-increase height of player when using earth surf so that earhsurf doesnt accidentally stop.

-There is a sandblast glitch that makes it stop working, and unable to use. please fix.

-emerald symbolizes earth, and should be earth bendable (like quarts in considered metal bendable)

-Master bender-Metal fragments combo with lightning, shock the enemy with lightning stored in iron or gold blocks, 2 dmg and 9 shots just like metal fragments. Multiple iron blocks increase number of charges.

DOUBLE SUB ABILITIES ideas (just for ideas, not suggesting)
Wood bending?-earth + water
Magnet bending? Metal + lightning

I hope you enjoyed reading my ability change and fix ideas, please consider a few.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Metalfragments is a custom ability (created by a non-pk-team member, no support will be given. You could however suggest it to be implanted officialy. This also may different to every server - because they could have different metalbendable blocks set up. That can of course can be solved by giving to all types of blocks and make some get unaffected based of how the metalbending list is set to be with every server.

Earthdrag? If that is some sort of an ability, it's probably a custom ability because of don't of a such to be official.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Catapult and shockwave combo - I find it already annoying that you can easily catapult easily way high up. We don't need it to be more higher (imo).

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Crevice is an custom combo. If you want it to be implanted officially, you could try to elebarate what is so PK knows what its concept is.

-Increasing lavaflow solid center wouldn't be a bad idea.

EarthSurf - custom..

Woodbending is uncanon, and it's more plantbending (water related), but even with that category there others why woodB shouldn't be at all.

Magnetbending is uncanon. I think pk wouldn't create subs that are uncanon.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
-EarthBlast should respawn the chunk of earth that is used to reduce griefing.
-Raise earth should undo after a certain amount of time to reduce greifing
-Make all ores earth bendable. add lapis ore, red stone ore, coal ore (and coal blocks) and emerald ore.
All of these can already be done by editing the config :)

I also have noticed you've suggested a lot of things that aren't in ProjectKorra such as LavaFlow and Crevice. These are addon abilities, so no official support is given for them AND we can't really improve them if they aren't in our plugin ;)

Elias

Verified Member
Okay, before someone else starts an input war I'm just gonna deny this solely based on the fact half of these are add-on abilities. We don't specialize in add-ons. Talk to the developer about them!

Status
Not open for further replies.