• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Mecha Tanks

owlcool

Verified Member
Use: this would create mecha tanks for chi blockers
Description: this would basically create the tanks in lok and add them in. Only chi blockers or/and non-benders would be able to use the tanks. They would basically be suits of armor that change your binds completely. It could be crafted with regular iron blocks, in the shape of regular crafting, except the chest would require a nether star in the dead center of the chestplate.
Binds: Electricute: basically one hits anything that is wearing iron or gold armor, does 3 hearts if you don't wear armor or one heart if you wear leather armor or diamond armor.
Magnetism: drags anything wearing gold or iron armor towards you stuck in mid air. This will continue even if the armor is removed. They will basically be helpless, but in order for this to work the user will have to continually shift on the opponent with magnetism selected.
Grapple attack: this will make the arm extend with click and would do 5 hearts damage. If you hold shift at the moment it lands, the grapple will launch the target in the air, then drag them down. This would negate airbender fall damage passive and firejet will increase the power of this.
Little details: It would also have the protection of diamond armor, and if they ever implement bending people by armor, then that would not affect this. The downside of using this is slowness 2, and you will also be unable to have perenthal vision, (forgive the typo) because it would have blocks on the sides of the users vision in there perspective. Since this is so heavy, REDUCED KNOCKBACK!!! I know this is sketchy, so I will finish it up sometime tomorrow. Keep in mind, this is a rough draft.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Why would you make a Mecha Tank just look like regular iron armor? I know It would be fairly impossible to do make it to scale, but it still feels like Mecha Tanks were never necessarily good for this plugin. There's a reason we never added Fire Nation zeppelins, or iron Earth Bender tanks, or Water Tribe ships that could actually move and be used in combat. It's too complex to do it right with just a plugin.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Everyone should be able to use it. And maybe it could look like an iron golem
He'd probably disagree there. The MechTanks were a way of putting the non-benders above the benders, and no bender would probably use one in the series, as they can use their bending for combat. And if everyone could use it, it would miss the point of the bending plugin. This is bending, not Real Steel. I'm just against them in general, though.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Everyone should be able to use it. And maybe it could look like an iron golem
That is exactly what I wanted to say. If it is just iron armor, I think it would kinda suck:/ (no offense) Riding an iron golem would look more like a "tank"(And would be more fun :p)

Joeri

Verified Member
He'd probably disagree there. The MechTanks were a way of putting the non-benders above the benders, and no bender would probably use one in the series, as they can use their bending for combat. And if everyone could use it, it would miss the point of the bending plugin. This is bending, not Real Steel. I'm just against them in general, though.
Yea no, Seriously. Nothing in the show prevented a bender from using a mecha tank. Everyone can enter a mecha tank

V

Vidcom

How about riding an iron golem? That would work fairly well I think

owlcool

Verified Member
How about riding an iron golem? That would work fairly well I think
Good idea, I was thinking that wearing the armor should make a build of the suit, but this is simple, easy, and great because of that. It will need to keep the iron golem from attacking though. The iron golem could be the player in diamond armor, and the instant the player puts on the armor they are riding the golem. Good idea. The suit should add fire resistance now that I think of it. Not full on, just heat control based.
Yea no, Seriously. Nothing in the show prevented a bender from using a mecha tank. Everyone can enter a mecha tank
I am not going to let benders use this, and I am sure plenty of people would agree with me. Benders COULD have used this, but you can easily assume they made it that way on purpose. Besides, if a avatar wore this it would become QUICKLY and VERY over powered.

owlcool

Verified Member
Why would you make a Mecha Tank just look like regular iron armor? I know It would be fairly impossible to do make it to scale, but it still feels like Mecha Tanks were never necessarily good for this plugin. There's a reason we never added Fire Nation zeppelins, or iron Earth Bender tanks, or Water Tribe ships that could actually move and be used in combat. It's too complex to do it right with just a plugin.
Check my last post. And there are singular plugins that make full on war airships and boats, just takes a little imagination.

owlcool

Verified Member
Electrocute: You punch your target and they get half their health taken if they are wearing no armor or diamond armor, (this mostly bypasses armor), does 2 hearts damage if you are wearing leather armor, and one hits you if you are wearing iron or gold armor. (conductive metal)
The shift version of this does a sizelike charge of electrical version of fireburst, only doing 1 heart.

HydroMan

Verified Member
So how do you wear this? By stacking iron blocks in the creation of iron golem pattern and put a pumkin on your head and you rigth click the iron blocks?