• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Levelling System [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeSheep

Verified Member
You can actually use Skript/Group Manager to simulate this. I did this on my old server a year ago Bendercraft & people hated it, most just want to log on and play with the elements & not have to deal with leveling up, gaining increases etc.

owlcool

Verified Member
And there is the added problem that this might accidently be deleted, as on one of the servers I play on /b p gets deleted every so often.

Joeri

Verified Member
You can actually use Skript/Group Manager to simulate this. I did this on my old server a year ago Bendercraft & people hated it, most just want to log on and play with the elements & not have to deal with leveling up, gaining increases etc.
Thats why it's suggested part of RPG. If you just want regular PK then you should stick to the core. and it can be disabled

Joeri

Verified Member
This seems like a good idea, but it should be able to be configured off.
Configuration

Enabled: true | Configuration to disable or enable to system. Default: True

Disabled Worlds | Disable the levelling system in certain worlds.

Cap: 15 | The level cap, (amount of levels)

BoostGain: 0.05 | Determines how much boost the benders gains per level (0.05 is 5%)

Start: 0.75 | Determines at how much boost the player starts. 0.75 meaning 25% reduced

EffectedMoves | This is basically a giant list with moves that are effected, any can be removed and added. By default all moves are on the list.

Boost
- Speed: true
- ChargeTime: true
- Damage: false
- Range: true
- Size: true
- Duration: true

Boost would determine what the positive and negative boost would affect.

Speed: Makes fireblast, manip, earthblast, airswipe, etc faster (if positive) powerboost and slower if (negative) powerboost.. Also effects the rise speed of RaiseEarth, Collapse, EarthTunnel, LavaFlow, Firejet, WaterWave.

ChargeTime: Would affect the charges of, FireBurst, Shockwave, Lightning, etc. Also effects the speed of octopusform (forming faster)

Damage: Increases damage, of every move.

BlockAfterLevel | Time that you can't gain experience after levelling. default: 2.5 minutes

Range: Increases range. Includes selection range of moves (earthblast, watermanipulation, etc)

Size: Would increase the size of FireShield, WallofFire, Surge shield, Raiseeatth. etc

Duration: Would increase the duration of moves like WaterWave, WallofFire, Firejet, LavaFlow. Lavaflow increases duration by letting the lava stay longer. etc
Literally, first config option i listed "Enabled: true | Configuration to disable or enable the levelling system"

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I really want this, but lets say I am improving a lot (on/at?) waterbending. I can master all the forms of water. Then two years pass and I still a master? I think it would be nice to add aomething about the bender logs, like if the player doesnt play x time, he starts to forgeting some abilities. The longer times passes between the last login and the new login, the more decreased would be his abilities. I went off within five years. I forgot almost every ability. I would have to restart gain xp but this time its faster, bcz you had already learn how to do it. Gonna sleep, bye xD

Helios

Verified Member
What would stop a person from going in the wild and solely leveling up by spamming the move?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Could you add an option to create "max level regions" ? Like guild wars 2, you can't be on lvl 30 for a lvl 8 area, so your level will be reduced to 8, but it'll get back to the original lvl when you leave that area.

Tenket

Verified Member
People should keep in mind that this is only for the RPG part.
Would be a good addition

XDC122

Verified Member
I think its nice.
For Aang lee
So there is a guy stronger then me and I'm sitting here saying its not fair, while that dude is grinding(training) all day and I'm sitting here commenting.
This should be fixed, god why did you make this server(world) so unfair. I mean he got more cool moves and tricks that I want,I really want to play with those cool rock crushing and back flips, man reality is too restricted.

Ive been on a server were you only start with 1 move and then finishes with 3 elements, I like it alot.

XDC122

Verified Member
Have an idea, I think
But yeah what Aang lee said, we can't have people rapid leveling even if it is a 2.5 min cool down. People would become super powerful super fast.
In my last suggestion, even if that dude trains all day, he doesnt become world champ that fast. This leveling system needs to be sort of rare or special.
Like reaching to lvl 40 is something and not something everyone can do or 100. Like lvl up your pokiman in pixelmon to lvl 100. Ive played pixelmon for almost a month still doesnt have any pokimans to lvl 100 yet even with rare candies. So lvling up should be hard and something that would take alot of time and hardship.

lets set a human limit first. The human limit is at lvl 30, if you lvl more then that your muscles will start to break down or collapse, or ripped apart making you, basically half dead. In this however you can't lvl more then 30. But the max lvl you can reach is lets say 10 000 thats when you reach demi god mode.
So there should be a way for you as a human to be able to surpass the limit.

Well these is a way, but you have to be spiritual about it. Airbenders are spiritual but this is more advanced then any meditation. You can't simply meditate and be done with it. When you meditate you have to be able to feel everything in the world, you even have to be able to sense a beetle in the middle of a crowded place across the world. Meaning sense all life forms, when you are able to do that you have then broken the limit. Now you can lvl up to lets say 100

This is just an idea. But my point is that leveling up should be a special thing and not something everyone can do, but something you have to put vast effort on.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Have an idea, I think
But yeah what Aang lee said, we can't have people rapid leveling even if it is a 2.5 min cool down. People would become super powerful super fast.
In my last suggestion, even if that dude trains all day, he doesnt become world champ that fast. This leveling system needs to be sort of rare or special.
Like reaching to lvl 40 is something and not something everyone can do or 100. Like lvl up your pokiman in pixelmon to lvl 100. Ive played pixelmon for almost a month still doesnt have any pokimans to lvl 100 yet even with rare candies. So lvling up should be hard and something that would take alot of time and hardship.

lets set a human limit first. The human limit is at lvl 30, if you lvl more then that your muscles will start to break down or collapse, or ripped apart making you, basically half dead. In this however you can't lvl more then 30. But the max lvl you can reach is lets say 10 000 thats when you reach demi god mode.
So there should be a way for you as a human to be able to surpass the limit.

Well these is a way, but you have to be spiritual about it. Airbenders are spiritual but this is more advanced then any meditation. You can't simply meditate and be done with it. When you meditate you have to be able to feel everything in the world, you even have to be able to sense a beetle in the middle of a crowded place across the world. Meaning sense all life forms, when you are able to do that you have then broken the limit. Now you can lvl up to lets say 100

This is just an idea. But my point is that leveling up should be a special thing and not something everyone can do, but something you have to put vast effort on.

HydroMan

Verified Member
It is cool but how about watermanip spamming? One can easily spam alot watermanipulation and increase they level/point easily, which (s)he will be left encourage to spam it alot. I think the bender should start out with three or two abilitied, and the bender could achieve to gain new ones by using one ability a certain amount of times before he must use change/switch and use that other some other certain of amout times, in order to further mor developh/grown his/hers bending and get other abilities/combos. And another thing, if a person continous to spamm one ability for maximium of x minutes/hours, the bender skill will begin reducing/weaking, to the point he will begin losing those earn abilities until the benders stops spamming the ability he started with spamming.

kadika661

Verified Member
this is stupid people don't want to grind until they get the highest on a server people want to mess around with the bending freely. and the guy above me about mastery is aswell not needed I've played on servers with this kind of thing and its really boring your too restricted they made it so u could only have 2 abilities at the start and it took forever for me to get master then the server got shut down its just not need.
I've done what you said on my server you start with for moves and you get more as you play and kill mobs and if you just vote you'll rank of even quicker I seen someone a Grandmaster in less than 2 hours and we let you learn moves most servers reserved to donators and staff. and you can rechoose and not lose you rank not all ranking systems are as bad as you say

Loony

Verified Member
Although this is a good idea, it has been said many times that RPG isn't going to head in the direction of a leveling system. So I'm going to deny.

Could it not also be made possible for benders to find scrolls (Enchanted Books) to learn from like how Katara's water scrolls. People could find enchanted books in dungeon chests and such but sometimes instead of the books having enchants, they have new bending moves.
I love this idea so much

Status
Not open for further replies.