• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Levelling System [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
Hello dear benders, I'm here to share my idea's for a Levelling System.

This might seem a bit complicated, but i'll do my best to explain

Explanation

This idea would use a power modifier. A waterbender (for example) would start of with 0.75 of power. Which means their original power (AKA Config settings) is reduced by 0.25 (25%). To view one's power level they would need to do /bending level. It would display their Level and their Reduce/Boost. Your level (reduce/boost) would effect range, damage, speed, size... etc.

Simple explanation: A bender starts of weaker then the default settings but can get stronger

Levelling

The bender would (ofcourse) be able to level their "Bending" higher up, which means going from 25% reduced to 10% reduced or even 10% increased.
Every time a bender uses a move they gain "Experience". Experience can be seen with /bending level
Levelling up would happen by using moves. This makes perfect senses because whats better then learning something by doing it? The bender must use any move, 75 times to level up once (Believe me, this is not a lot)
To prevent people from rapidlevelling: Once a bender levelled up they can not gain more experience for 2.5 minutes.

There are 15 levels in total, Every time you level, you get a 5% boost, or you go from 25% reduced to 20% reduced. 15 Levels means a bender can get up to 1.5% extra damage/size/range/speed. (1.5). Day and Night factor would increase the 1.5 with 0.5 gaining 2.0 factor at night for water, and 2.0 at day for fire.

Commands

/bending level | Displays the level, experience, and boost/reduce of the player.
/bending levelgive <Target> <Amount> | Give levels to the player
/bending levelremove <Target> <Amount> | Remove levels from the player
/bending experiencegive <Target> <Amount> | Give experience to the player
/bending experienceremove <Target> <Amount> | Remove experience from the player
/bending experiencedisable <Target> | Disables gaining experience for a certain player.
/bending experiencedisableALL | Disables gaining experience for the whole server

Configuration

Enabled: true | Configuration to disable or enable to system. Default: True

Disabled Worlds | Disable the levelling system in certain worlds.

Cap: 15 | The level cap, (amount of levels)

BoostGain: 0.05 | Determines how much boost the benders gains per level (0.05 is 5%)

Start: 0.75 | Determines at how much boost the player starts. 0.75 meaning 25% reduced

EffectedMoves | This is basically a giant list with moves that are effected, any can be removed and added. By default all moves are on the list.

Boost
- Speed: true
- ChargeTime: true
- Damage: false
- Range: true
- Size: true
- Duration: true

Boost would determine what the positive and negative boost would affect.

Speed: Makes fireblast, manip, earthblast, airswipe, etc faster (if positive) powerboost and slower if (negative) powerboost.. Also effects the rise speed of RaiseEarth, Collapse, EarthTunnel, LavaFlow, Firejet, WaterWave.

ChargeTime: Would affect the charges of, FireBurst, Shockwave, Lightning, etc. Also effects the speed of octopusform (forming faster)

Damage: Increases damage, of every move.

BlockAfterLevel | Time that you can't gain experience after levelling. default: 2.5 minutes

Range: Increases range. Includes selection range of moves (earthblast, watermanipulation, etc)

Size: Would increase the size of FireShield, WallofFire, Surge shield, Raiseeatth. etc

Duration: Would increase the duration of moves like WaterWave, WallofFire, Firejet, LavaFlow. Lavaflow increases duration by letting the lava stay longer. etc

NOTE: When i say increase, it means increasing when your powerboost is positive (over 1.0) and not reduced. Moves are reduced by negative powerboosts, and increased by postive. With moves, you can configure them, and it will affect them, so you could set up basically the whole system yourself by configuring moves and the level system to fit it perfectly for your server.

I hope you understanded my idea, feel free to leave feedback

Last edited:

Aron Phillips

Verified Member
I like it, maybe a few tweaks. Like not gaining experience EVERYTIME they do a move because people may just spam the same simple move in order to level up.

Joeri

Verified Member
I like it, maybe a few tweaks. Like not gaining experience EVERYTIME they do a move because people may just spam the same simple move in order to level up.
Well that's basically how learning works, Repeating.. But i also thought of this and came up with solution

To prevent people from rapidlevelling: Once a bender levelled up they can not gain more experience for 2.5 minutes.

Aron Phillips

Verified Member
Could it not also be made possible for benders to find scrolls (Enchanted Books) to learn from like how Katara's water scrolls. People could find enchanted books in dungeon chests and such but sometimes instead of the books having enchants, they have new bending moves.

Joeri

Verified Member
Could it not also be made possible for benders to find scrolls (Enchanted Books) to learn from like how Katara's water scrolls. People could find enchanted books in dungeon chests and such but sometimes instead of the books having enchants, they have new bending moves.
That's a complete different suggestion

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I think that the player should be able to have more control over the levelling system.
I think that they should be able to increase damage, range, duration, etc by "donating" the levels to the specific area they want to improve.
Example: Once level 1 for instance they could add +1 attack damage and then have to level again to upgrade some other aspects of the move such as range.
Another thing would be each move to have its own level, meaning that not your hole bending would become stronger by just doing a basic move such ass watermanipulation, airswipe, earthblast and fireblast.
Other then that this is a great suggestion for the RPG part of Project Korra !

Joeri

Verified Member
I may edit my post later adding: Level per Ability, and clearing up stuff, atm i dont have time

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
Hello dear benders, I'm here to share my idea's for a Levelling System.

This might seem a bit complicated, but i'll do my best to explain

Explanation

This idea would use a power modifier. A waterbender (for example) would start of with 0.75 of power. Which means their original power (AKA Config settings) is reduced by 0.25 (25%). To view one's power level they would need to do /bending level. It would display their Level and their Reduce/Boost. Your level (reduce/boost) would effect range, damage, speed, size... etc.

Simple explanation: A bender starts of weaker then the default settings but can get stronger

Levelling

The bender would (ofcourse) be able to level their "Bending" higher up, which means going from 25% reduced to 10% reduced or even 10% increased.
Every time a bender uses a move they gain "Experience". Experience can be seen with /bending level
Levelling up would happen by using moves. This makes perfect senses because whats better then learning something by doing it? The bender must use any move, 75 times to level up once (Believe me, this is not a lot)

There are 15 levels in total, Every time you level, you get a 5% boost, or you go from 25% reduced to 20% reduced. 15 Levels means a bender can get up to 1.5% extra damage/size/range/speed. (1.5). Day and Night factor would increase the 1.5 with 0.5 gaining 2.0 factor at night for water, and 2.0 at day for fire.

Commands

/bending level | Displays the level, experience, and boost/reduce of the player.
/bending levelgive <Target> <Amount> | Give levels to the player
/bending levelremove <Target> <Amount> | Remove levels from the player
/bending experiencegive <Target> <Amount> | Give experience to the player
/bending experienceremove <Target> <Amount> | Remove experience from the player
/bending experiencedisable <Target> | Disables gaining experience for a certain player.
/bending experiencedisableALL | Disables gaining experience for the whole server

Configuration

Enabled: true | Configuration to disable or enable to system. Default: True

Disabled Worlds | Disable the levelling system in certain worlds.

Cap: 15 | The level cap, (amount of levels)

BoostGain: 0.05 | Determines how much boost the benders gains per level (0.05 is 5%)

Start: 0.75 | Determines at how much boost the player starts. 0.75 meaning 25% reduced

EffectedMoves | This is basically a giant list with moves that are effected, any can be removed and added. By default all moves are on the list.

Boost
- Speed ENABLED
- ChargeTime: ENABLED
- Damage ENABLED
- Range ENABLED
- Size ENABLED
- Duration ENABLED

Boost would determine what the positive and negative boost would affect.

Speed: Makes fireblast, manip, earthblast, airswipe, etc faster (if positive) powerboost and slower if (negative) powerboost.. Also effects the rise speed of RaiseEarth, Collapse, EarthTunnel, LavaFlow, Firejet, WaterWave.

ChargeTime: Would affect the charges of, FireBurst, Shockwave, Lightning, etc. Also effects the speed of octopusform (forming faster)

Damage: Increases damage, of every move.

BlockAfterLevel | Time that you can't gain experience after levelling. default: 2.5 minutes

Range: Increases range. Includes selection range of moves (earthblast, watermanipulation, etc)

Size: Would increase the size of FireShield, WallofFire, Surge shield, Raiseeatth. etc

Duration: Would increase the duration of moves like WaterWave, WallofFire, Firejet, LavaFlow. Lavaflow increases duration by letting the lava stay longer. etc

NOTE: When i say increase, it means increasing when your powerboost is positive (over 1.0) and not reduced. Moves are reduced by negative powerboosts, and increased by postive. With moves, you can configure them, and it will affect them, so you could set up basically the whole system yourself by configuring moves and the level system to fit it perfectly for your server.

I hope you understanded my idea, feel free to leave feedback
I like the idea but it seems like it would become unfair very quickly. Those who have been playing for 2 days are stronger than those who have just joined. In theory that sounds good but what if the 2 day player has only been bending for those 2 days while the newcomer has beeb bending for a year and they just decided to join a new server. Thats where it seems unfair. Maybe you could add like an asigned master system? Ex. Admin picks 5 benders(one from each element) who he beleives are the best users of their element on the server. Those players are given the rank of Master. Along with the leveling system you came up with, these Masters would be able to level up certain benders faster if the bender displayed alot of bending skill and expertise. Of course, the Master wouldnt just be able to pick anyone they want with no restrictions. The player they pick would have to have maintained a certain KDR or higher for a predetermined amount of time for them to eligible and maybe there could also be some sort of test to show that they didnt just boost with a friend of theirs. Maybe something similar to the Chuunin exams from Naruto but in this case all eligible benders can choose to enter the tournament style exam and the 1st and 2nd best get a rank up according to how long the battle was, how many hearts they lost in total, amount of total damage used, amount of moves used and amount that a moved was used.

Joeri

Verified Member
I like the idea but it seems like it would become unfair very quickly. Those who have been playing for 2 days are stronger than those who have just joined. In theory that sounds good but what if the 2 day player has only been bending for those 2 days while the newcomer has beeb bending for a year and they just decided to join a new server. Thats where it seems unfair. Maybe you could add like an asigned master system? Ex. Admin picks 5 benders(one from each element) who he beleives are the best users of their element on the server. Those players are given the rank of Master. Along with the leveling system you came up with, these Masters would be able to level up certain benders faster if the bender displayed alot of bending skill and expertise. Of course, the Master wouldnt just be able to pick anyone they want with no restrictions. The player they pick would have to have maintained a certain KDR or higher for a predetermined amount of time for them to eligible and maybe there could also be some sort of test to show that they didnt just boost with a friend of theirs. Maybe something similar to the Chuunin exams from Naruto but in this case all eligible benders can choose to enter the tournament style exam and the 1st and 2nd best get a rank up according to how long the battle was, how many hearts they lost in total, amount of total damage used, amount of moves used and amount that a moved was used.
The whole master thing is for the owner to decide, And, if your really good at bending you could still defeat them

But i already know a solution for this, ill disable Damage Increase for default

EDIT: Boost Damage is default: false. Meaning that your moves wont deal more damage on level up. They still get plenty of adventages, but it isnt impossible to defeat them anymire

aang lee

Verified Member
this is stupid people don't want to grind until they get the highest on a server people want to mess around with the bending freely. and the guy above me about mastery is aswell not needed I've played on servers with this kind of thing and its really boring your too restricted they made it so u could only have 2 abilities at the start and it took forever for me to get master then the server got shut down its just not need.

Joeri

Verified Member
this is stupid people don't want to grind until they get the highest on a server people want to mess around with the bending freely. and the guy above me about mastery is aswell not needed I've played on servers with this kind of thing and its really boring your too restricted they made it so u could only have 2 abilities at the start and it took forever for me to get master then the server got shut down its just not need.
Ok so, this is a suggestion for the RPG Part, not the core

RPG = Role Playing Game. Almost all RPG's have levelling systems, If you don't like it the owner could A. Disable it B. Switch to core plugin, or C. You go on a server that isn't RPG

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
You always seem to either have a bad suggestion for an ability, or criticism for other people's well thought out ideas.

theo0019

Verified Member
This idea is great but i need some more features like make players start of with basic moves and learn more advaced moves after time (leveling up)
also they can learn subelements if they train hard

Status
Not open for further replies.