• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied LavaMelt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
Move: Lavamelt [Lavaflow add on]
Element: Earth/Lava
Type: Defense

What this ability will do is when throw at by earthsmash, earthblast, earthshard, or any throwable earth move it will slow and get rid of the projectile thrown at you by turning it into lava and it will still come in the same direction it was going but at a slower pace and the lava will soon disintegrate and go away.

You use this ability by right clicking the projectile throw at you with Lavaflow.

It has a 1.5 second cool down so you can't block all moves. The lava, if ran into, will still act like regular lava so you risk getting burned just like every lava move though. The range is 6 blocks.

When used with earthshard, melts all three projectiles.

Example:

The bender would throw the defensive move, using stone, at you and you turn the stone into lava it would catch them of guard and now one is bending that object therefore bringing physics back into play, lava is heavier that air therefore it must go down.

They would be caught of guard because it is impossible to switch from bending stone to bending lava that fast.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
What you're suggesting is might be complete opposite to what you might it would happen. Not that I know much about physics, but wouldn't it just continue on moving towards as lava nlobby the fast motion of the speed the projectile approaching you, instead of dripping down? This would make the situation worser, as turning into lava would splash you with more fatal attack - melting your skin off, lol.

Green

Verified Member
PK support isn't given for addon abilities/combos.
@HydroMan
I think I should explain this better what this move does is basically surprises your opponent.

Example:

The bender would throw the defensive move, using stone, at you and you turn the stone into lava it would catch them of guard and there for bringing physics back into play, lava is heavier that air therefore it must go down.

They would be caught of guard because it is impossible to switch from bending stone to bending lava that fast.

HydroMan

Verified Member
@HydroMan
I think I should explain this better what this move does is basically surprises your opponent.

Example:

The bender would throw the defensive move, using stone, at you and you turn the stone into lava it would catch them of guard and there for bringing physics back into play, lava is heavier that air therefore it must go down.

Yea, but even it is slower, wouldn't just lava go a few blocks before dripping down like. Like when you can react to the approaching earrthsmash. If you can block/avoid when it is even away 20 blocks, than that greats. But if you try to melt it withing 15 blocks, the lava blob would still follow a few blocks and might even manage to splash you. But what do I know?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Still, pk won't give any support for earthshard, as it is not considerated official move. If you want, ask the owner who made it, to make this featured apply.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Maybe he wanted to let the addon devs know which moves he thinks it'd be cool in (even tho jed already said no)
\
That's what "conversation" is for. It would be more practical to ask the guy who created tat addon which you wanna you be changed, as it might not see this thread and less likely to notice that request. This Section of the forum is meant to suggest moves/changes for the core plugin as stock ones, not for unofficial ones.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well I have a few problems with this.
1. We probably won't affect if EarthShard is blocked, nor would it look good in my opinion.
2. If you're gonna use physics, use it correctly. Gravity affects every object the same, what changes is how much air friction there is. The lava, when melted from the earth, would have no different gravitational effects than the earth. Law of conservation of mass (chemistry now), air friction wouldn't affect the lava any differently than The earth.

TwistedEons

Verified Member

Challenge accepted

SuperBower118

Verified Member

Challenge accepted
It's also impossible for a lavabender to instantly create lava. (Lavaflow doesn't count because PK messed up the config for that) Creating lava from earth requires some concentration. I also find that lava, while deadly, tends to move slower at times- almost like molasses. (Though a lavabender can create a sudden surge in the lava to create a fast-paced spray of lava)
I also think it's pretty much impossible for a lavabender to be able to concentrate enough for an earthsmash considering it's speed.

And even if you still disagree with me, answer this. Is this the way how lavabending's style is?

HydroMan

Verified Member
2. If you're gonna use physics, use it correctly. Gravity affects every object the same, what changes is how much air friction there is. The lava, when melted from the earth, would have no different gravitational effects than the earth. Law of conservation of mass (chemistry now), air friction wouldn't affect the lava any differently than The earth.
Even I have comman sense, without knowng physics :p
"Wait was that post telling me something? Cause I'm not the op, and I have no idea how lava moves slower. "
Maybe, because he quote you.

TwistedEons

Verified Member
Lavaflow still isn't fixed?
Plus if you're gonna ask me if this is how lavabending style is supposed to be like, tell it to the OP, i'm just a passerby

Status
Not open for further replies.