• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied lavamanipulation (rethought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
1. Lavabending isn't an Element. It is the art to manipulate Lava.
2. Lava isn't an Element.
3. Lava isn't fluid like Water.
Your argument reply is invalid.
1. Lava is too an element, it is just a sub-element. Based on what you said, then earth, fire, water, and air are not elements either since they are just "the art to manipulate whatever the element is".
2. Same response as number 1.
3. Lava is fluid like water, just not naturally as fast, but can be just as fast as seen by the lavabenders on the show.
If anything, it is your argument that is invalid.

Sorin

Verified Member
1. Lava is too an element, it is just a sub-element. Based on what you said, then earth, fire, water, and air are not elements either since they are just "the art to manipulate whatever the element is".
2. Same response as number 1.
3. Lava is fluid like water, just not naturally as fast, but can be just as fast as seen by the lavabenders on the show.
If anything, it is your argument that is invalid.
Dude water and lava have none of the same movements..... like at all just due to the fact they are liquids doesn't mean they share movements at all. show me some proof that water and lava share movements

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Go to 2:26:00 through 2:29:00, watch carefully through it, a lot of the things Ghazan does with the lava would be like how waterbenders bend their water, the wave motions and also the pillar of lava Ghazan made.

Sorin

Verified Member
Go to 2:26:00 through 2:29:00, watch carefully through it, a lot of the things Ghazan does with the lava would be like how waterbenders bend their water, the wave motions and also the pillar of lava Ghazan made.
Why are you still fighting for this...... \(V.V)/

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I watched from 2:26:00-2:29:00 two times now, I don't understand why you think water and lava share a style, when they are completely different, seriously...get over it.
I never once said they shared a style, I said they have SIMILAR styles. They are not completely different either.

Sorin

Verified Member
Why do you deny it? I gave you evidence that supports my statement, and yet you still deny it.
What evidence? I saw ignorance that proved nothing. In no way showing me that water and lava "share similar style's". So why do you try to continue a point that isn't even there?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What evidence? I saw ignorance that proved nothing. In no way showing me that water and lava "share similar style's". So why do you try to continue a point that isn't even there?
Because it is. In the video, plenty of times ghazan showed how lavabending and waterbending have similar styles. He made waves, he threw the lava at Bolin and Mako.

Sorin

Verified Member
Because it is. In the video, plenty of times ghazan showed how lavabending and waterbending have similar styles. He made waves, he threw the lava at Bolin and Mako.
Just because he made a wave doesn't mean the bending style is similar...... remember the sozin comet episode in ATLA? where jeong jeong made a wall/wave of fire and pussed it forward? Omg it was waterbending *world implodes* get my point here? If there wasn't a difference there would be no styles of bending. I see how you could get the style's mixed due to the point them both being liquids.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just because he made a wave doesn't mean the bending style is similar...... remember the sozin comet episode in ATLA? where jeong jeong made a wall/wave of fire and pussed it forward? Omg it was waterbending *world implodes* get my point here? If there wasn't a difference there would be no styles of bending. I see how you could get the style's mixed due to the point them both being liquids.
That was a wall, not a wave. And the lavabending ghazan did with the waves was a lot like how a waterbender would make a wave

Sorin

Verified Member
That was a wall, not a wave. And the lavabending ghazan did with the waves was a lot like how a waterbender would make a wave
You just proved my point anything you say past this point trying to prove that water and lava share the same style will be invalid.
/unwatch
/ignore
#REKTM8

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
You just proved my point anything you say past this point trying to prove that water and lava share the same style will be invalid.
/unwatch
/ignore
#REKTM8
Instead of straight up denying. Explain to us why water and lava are different. I'm pretty sure waterbending came before lavabending, because lava is a liquid there's no doubt that bending it has some waterbending philosophies. Much like lightning using water's.

Whether you respond to this or not, heck I hope you don't, you made some nice claims. But you didn't even back any of them up. Instead you continued to tell us that it's wrong. You sir, do a fine job defending a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.