• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Resource icon

LavaCool Alpha 1.0

Matt

Verified Member
Description:
This move was designed for Earth-Benders and namely their sub-element of Lava to easily cool Lava, The reason I created this was for faster cooling and blocking of moves (Which Lava Flow can't do), I created this move because of a suggestion I saw on the Core suggestions page.

Usage:
Simply left-click on lava and it will cool to stone.

Permissions:
This move has only one permission
- bending.ability.lavacool

Config:

-Range:
Description:
Range that this move will cool
Options:
Non decimal number

-Cooldown:
Description:
Time before this move can be used again
Options:
Non decimal number (recommended in the hundreds/thousands)

-Revert:
Description:
Enable this to allow the reverting of stone to lava
Options:
True/False (true = revert) (false = don't revert)

-revertTime:
Description:
If this is enabled, the time before the stone reverts back to lava
Options:
Non decimal number
Required:
Revert to be true (see above)

- TODO: More config options in a later version

PLEASE NOTE:
This is not an official ProjectKorra ability, therefore, no official support will be provided in any threads other than this one. Use at your own risk.

HOWEVER, if there are any errors I will personally assist you in a private message

Last edited:

Sketz

Verified Member
Just putting this out there, but from experience, I believe that Fire-benders shouldn't be able to cool lava so fast. It gets really annoying and makes it useless against fire-benders most of the time. The should consider them threads that already stated this. :p

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Just putting this out there, but from experience, I believe that Fire-benders shouldn't be able to cool lava so fast. It gets really annoying and makes it useless against fire-benders most of the time. The should consider them threads that already stated this. :p
firebenders use the lightning movements to pull air from the lava causing it to turn to obsidian :D i think i saw this in one of aangs episodes where they show avatar Roku in his home town fighting along side the firelord against a volcano

Matt

Verified Member
I'm going to guess Earth, since firebenders can already accomplish this through heatcontrol.

I imagine it's just heatcontrol that only works on lava.
All this is, a heat control like move for Lava Benders. I will try to get a gif and I will be updating the description, but I don't think much more is needed x3

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
firebenders use the lightning movements to pull air from the lava causing it to turn to obsidian :D i think i saw this in one of aangs episodes where they show avatar Roku in his home town fighting along side the firelord against a volcano
Maybe instead of instantaneously it should take a few seconds to work? That seems a bit more fair. We're talking about lava, though. How it interacts with fire should not be changed. (For Heatcontrol)

Matt

Verified Member
Maybe instead of instantaneously it should take a few seconds to work? That seems a bit more fair. We're talking about lava, though. How it interacts with fire should not be changed. (For Heatcontrol)
I may add a config option to put a time before use, however it would no longer be able to block moves.

Sketz

Verified Member

I was still thinking HeatControl should still cool lava, but I mean it should cool it very slowly. Like say you old shift for lava, then the lavablocks start changing to stone or something, one by one, or something. :)

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Description:
This move was designed for Earth-Benders and namely their sub-element of Lava to easily cool Lava, The reason I created this was for faster cooling and blocking of moves (Which Lava Flow can't do), I created this move because of a suggestion I saw on the Core suggestions page.

Usage:
Simply left-click on lava and it will cool to stone.

Permissions:
This move has only one permission
- bending.ability.lavacool

Config:

-Range:
Description:
Range that this move will cool
Options:
Non decimal number

-Cooldown:
Description:
Time before this move can be used again
Options:
Non decimal number (recommended in the hundreds/thousands)

-Revert:
Description:
Enable this to allow the reverting of stone to lava
Options:
True/False (true = revert) (false = don't revert)

-revertTime:
Description:
If this is enabled, the time before the stone reverts back to lava
Options:
Non decimal number
Required:
Revert to be true (see above)

- TODO: More config options in a later version

PLEASE NOTE:
This is not an official ProjectKorra ability, therefore, no official support will be provided in any threads other than this one. Use at your own risk.

HOWEVER, if there are any errors I will personally assist you in a private message
do you think you could maybe remake something like this for waterbendersr but instead of lava and stone the ice you use it on is turned into packed ice? i know quite a few servers that dont use packedice to waterbend so this could actualy be a pretty cool way of introducing a new form of enhanced icebending ^_^ i dont think ive seen packed ice used in moves yet but correct me if im wrong :D

Matt

Verified Member
do you think you could maybe remake something like this for waterbendersr but instead of lava and stone the ice you use it on is turned into packed ice? i know quite a few servers that dont use packedice to waterbend so this could actualy be a pretty cool way of introducing a new form of enhanced icebending ^_^ i dont think ive seen packed ice used in moves yet but correct me if im wrong :D
Possibly yes, if you could provide a complete concept.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
IcePack
this move would change ice into a packed ice allowing for harder and stronger (durability and general strength) icebending, could maybe be an add-on to phasechange? and for those servers that dont have packedicebending enabled the ice could still turn into packed ice but be used as a defencive technique? like mybe be harder to phasechange or when phasechange is used it only gets rid of a small quantity of the packed ice
and maybe make it slightly harder to blow up**

before ice pack
2015-03-26_14.09.57.png

After Icepack
2015-03-26_14.10.33.png